New Foo Fighters album

Stay.Of.Execution

On 5/20/2023 at 11:40 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Under you and Rescued

Thanks, didn't realise 2nd song was out and now 3rd song is out.

What's the consensus of new Foo song's? Are they low_fi? Don't seem to like them, but they'll probably grow on me. Are other foo fans struggling with new song's too? 

I've always loved the early albums but lost interest after Nothing Left to Lose 1999.

6 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Thanks, didn't realise 2nd song was out and now 3rd song is out.

What's the consensus of new Foo song's? Are they low_fi? Don't seem to like them, but they'll probably grow on me. Are other foo fans struggling with new song's too? 

I've always loved the early albums but lost interest after Nothing Left to Lose 1999.

3rd song isn’t out yet, even though they played it in the video they released today. 

As for the consensus on the new songs? Sounds like exactly what you’d expect from them, but the mix is terrible.

Aside from the vocals there’s like a static/distorted wash over everything that just sounds terrible to my ears. 

23 hours ago, metallex78 said:

As for the consensus on the new songs? Sounds like exactly what you’d expect from them, but the mix is terrible.

Aside from the vocals there’s like a static/distorted wash over everything that just sounds terrible to my ears. 

I couldn't put it into words, but your description is apt, and can't understand why he'd release this type of mix. Has the money and clout, but just seems below par. Last album of their's sounded good to my ears. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New album dropped today. I enjoyed it way more than I expected to. Easily their best since Wasting Light. My only complaint is that it’s a little too somber, though that’s to be expected given the circumstances it was made under. Still a very good album, though. Might replace 72 Seasons as my favorite album of 2023 so far.

Watching the live stream from Rock am Ring, it's about to end probably it's on Best Of You currently... and I have to say the band didn't sound this good in ages. Also, the show is much tighter than before, probably because a lot of time before was spent on Dave and Taylor making jokes and talking and now it's just Dave talking sometimes. What's missing is Taylor's charisma and his presence behind the kit, Josh Freese kinda has none even tho they sound better (I think)

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Looks like almost all the songs are about Tyler. At least you can interpret most of them that way

Dave Grohl’s mother died last year as well so there’s also a lot about her. For instance, she was a teacher…

I’m struggling to get on with the album. The mix/production is very fatiguing to my ears.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

The album has some good songs, but it’s ruined by the absolute horrible production/mix. I don’t understand why they would purposely choose to put something out that sounds so bad. 

My headcanon is that it’s a homage to the muddy production of the first album, but I’m probably wrong.

5 hours ago, metallex78 said:

The album has some good songs, but it’s ruined by the absolute horrible production/mix. I don’t understand why they would purposely choose to put something out that sounds so bad. 

My thoughts precisely regards HS & ABSURD,though hopefully this is corrected with future singles. Sorry for not staying on topic 

• Like 1