New Foo Fighters album

Stay.Of.Execution

On 2/8/2023 at 9:44 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/chris-moyles-mucks-up-by-accidentally-announcing-new-foo-fighters-album/ar-AA17lfs5

This what moyles said later in show

‘I’ve caused a bit of a kerfuffle. I’m in a very uncomfortable cul-de-sac and I don’t really know what to do.’

‘I’m not going to say [there’s a new Foo Fighters album in March]. I can’t say anymore. Anyway, sorry Dave. I’m really sorry Dave.’

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Foos haven't put out a good record since Wasting Light.

Totally agree. This song sounds like a collection of ideas hobbled together and definitely generic and boring. Maybe they should take more time off as if this is the first single...... The album maybe in trouble

• Like 1

Their last album (not counting the Dream Widow album, which was pretty good) sucked major ass. I think it might be time for Dave and the gang to space out their releases and try to put out more quality material, over quantity. Kinda like most veteran bands do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Foo Fighters have never been a really diverse band musically. So at some point the ideas will get stale and repetitive. 

They’re a really formulaic band, with very few tricks up their sleeves. It was bound to get stale. This new song sounds like an AI created a FFs song.

Just listened to the song properly finally. 

Not necessarily a Foos fan, although did enjoy their first few albums when they came out and still spin them. 

That said, it's a cool song - definitely a Foos song - but mostly I think the drums are brilliant as is the sound of them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...