09/12/23 - Knoxville, TN - Thompson-Boling Arena

downzy

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

I did some quick sampling through that video and I agree.  He basically sounds the same as he has in other videos from this year.  I think some people have an expectation bias due to the illness that his voice was going to be completely shot so they think he sounds worse than the prior shows.  I don't really hear much difference and I don't think that the "illness" was a significant vocal issue.  A vocal issue that would have caused a cancellation a day before a show would not have allowed him to sing for 3+ hours 4 days later.  Assuming it was Axl, I think he was just sick like a normal person gets too sick to work sometimes.

I totally agree. If it was such a serious vocal issue, Axl would certainly not have sung Street of Dreams and Better on this show.

Just Axl being Axl, 1 canceled show and immediately on the first next show he sings the hardest song they perform these days.

Also to add, this show was a standard Axl's 2023 vocal performance, no better or worse than the previous shows.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

And to think you use to fall into “the other” camp. But this year you ponied up and actually went to show VS watching you tube.

Seriously I’m very proud of you :-)

Oh, I've been to loads of shows! In fact the only tour since the 1990s I haven't attended was 2022 as there was nothing new and the band seemed to be coasting. 

No doubt about it that this year they stepped up their motivation- different setlists, different new/old songs and they look like they want to be playing. 

To be honest, I barely watch the YouTube videos unless it's something particularly notable or pro-shoot. 

• Like 1

• alfierose pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...