Adding Axl vocals to Village Session Instrumentals using AI - The CD2 AI Project

I should make an AI Axl cover of "Deepthroat" by Cuppcake, that one weird moaning song that went viral around 2016, burn it onto a disc, and have it mailed to the GNR camp XD.

Next thing we know, we get our first angry Axl Rant since the reunion after he hears it XD

Cool project.

Will they sound more like CD-era Axl? That would be more fitting. CD Axl seems to mostly have his high and low clean voice, and high "rasp" voice. His lower "rasp" isn't on it as much, except for Madagascar which it sounds different than the AFD and UYI stuff.

On 7/27/2023 at 3:26 PM, siraddam said:

I'm sure the lyrics used to be available for Soul Monster,  but I can't find them anywhere now. I'm sure I saw them a few years ago though. If you can find them they can go with one of the instrumentals.

And they say the stars don't look the same, I may have changed yet I have my soul to claim

(The above is close, if not the same was what was posted years ago)

A member has it in their signature too. It's out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a brilliant idea.

I'm sure what you're proposing isn't an easy turnkey solution but I'd love to find out how you do it. One of the difficult things, I'd imagine, is replicating Axl's incredible vocal range. I'd see if you can train or combine models on a few of his octaves - speaking simply "It's So Easy" vs. "Estranged" vs. "SCOM" - and be able to layer this into one track.

These AI cuts have been fantastic particularly where he could've used more time in the studio and the vocals lacked range/rasp and timing (TWAT first half, IRS, Catcher, Atlas Shrugged, State of Grace) vs. stronger vocal cuts (If the World, Better, Scraped, Eye on You etc) that sound like they were recorded before/after he had some vocal training.

Songs I'd love to hear vocals on are the instrumentals that I usually go back to:

1. Tonto
  2. Mustache
  3. Zodiac 13

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Aien wrote his own lyrics for Quick Song, you could give those a shot.
https://m.soundcloud.com/aienofficial/quick-song

It is becoming all too clear 
You hurt the ones that I hold dear 
A final hour for us to spend 
The sharp edge of justice to bring your end 
(Blank eyes see only in red) 

Oh, it'll happen so fast 
When the blade finds its target 
It won't last 

Through my hands I'll play your fate 
And in your heart there'll be no weight 
A consequence, you know it's time 
An eye for an eye, a justified crime 

Oh, it'll happen so fast 
When silver finds its target 
It won't last 

Oh, it'll happen so fast 
When the blood starts running 
All my problems will fade away 

Oh, it'll happen so fast 
When your blood starts running 
All my problems will go away

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, Cosmo said:

What software do you use for these?

Check out this video if you want to learn how to use AI to replace vocals:

Not my video, just one I watched a little while ago, seems easy enough to do but I've not had chance to play around with it yet.

You'll need to feed the program "clean" Axl vocals (no background noise/music). I'm assuming the Chinese Democracy isolated stems from Rock Band 2 are what folk are using, someone on the forum will still have a copy of those. Not sure how you could get 80/90's sounding Axl though as I don't think isolated tracks from that time are available?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, willl said:

Not my video, just one I watched a little while ago, seems easy enough to do but I've not had chance to play around with it yet.

You'll need to feed the program "clean" Axl vocals (no background noise/music). I'm assuming the Chinese Democracy isolated stems from Rock Band 2 are what folk are using, someone on the forum will still have a copy of those. Not sure how you could get 80/90's sounding Axl though as I don't think isolated tracks from that time are available?

this is undoubtedly what skylar here uses btw.  he is 100% using svc or rvc, despite his stories about a developer friend :P hes a very silly fellow. also, there is an already trained axl model out there which you can find on the ai hub discord for rvc.  most likely your results will be similar or worse, it's what most of the ai axl channels are using. A few have trained their own, but IMO, mine is the best :P

22 hours ago, MARTINSHORT said:

this is undoubtedly what skylar here uses btw.  he is 100% using svc or rvc, despite his stories about a developer friend :P hes a very silly fellow. also, there is an already trained axl model out there which you can find on the ai hub discord for rvc.  most likely your results will be similar or worse, it's what most of the ai axl channels are using. A few have trained their own, but IMO, mine is the best :P

The dude that sent me the link to the drive folder and said he developed it went silent a while ago when i questioned him on how he made it, so i'm assuming he wasn't the actual creator he probably just pulled it from somewhere.

and yeah, silly is a very tame way to put it lmao, i've done some beyond crazy shit in this fandom purely for attention before lmao,  I remember buying a dildo off amazon just so i could get a reaction from throwing it at the wall on video. Gotta love having multiple personalities XD

Edited by Skamos66

On 8/16/2023 at 12:00 AM, willl said:

There are isolated multitracks for Welcome to the Jungle that aren’t hard to find. Not sure about others.

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Flayer said:

There are isolated multitracks for Welcome to the Jungle that aren’t hard to find. Not sure about others.

Most of the isolated tracks you will find on youtube have been separated using DIY methods.  The rock band stems are the only "official" isolated vocal tracks that I know of.  But those aren't generally the vocals we're trying to reproduce, so they aren't very useful for creating a model of axl's old voice.  I do have a chinese democracy model as well trained on those and its pretty cool but its not what everyone is after.

If you want to make an axl ai model using old vocal tracks, you can separate all the tracks using UVR (ultimate vocal remover), or something similar. You can also use it to de-reverb and de-echo the separated vocal track to be cleaner. 

That goes for making the actual tracks as well, you don't need "official" vocal tracks, you can just make them using UVR.  But this is where your model will be made or broken, it is all in the data set you create to train with.

But, again, there's an already trained axl model on the discord I mentioned.  If you just want to make axl ai tracks without trying to improve the training on the model, just download that and start making tracks.  You can be making your own axl ai tracks in mere minutes.

On 8/13/2023 at 6:44 AM, Flayer said:

Aien wrote his own lyrics for Quick Song, you could give those a shot.
https://m.soundcloud.com/aienofficial/quick-song

It is becoming all too clear 
You hurt the ones that I hold dear 
A final hour for us to spend 
The sharp edge of justice to bring your end 

Oh, it'll happen so fast 
When the blade finds its target 
It won't last 

Through my hands I'll play your fate 
And in your heart there'll be no weight 
A consequence, you know it's time 
An eye for an eye, a justified crime 

Oh, it'll happen so fast 
When silver finds its target 
It won't last 

Oh, it'll happen so fast 
When the blood starts running 
All my problems will fade away 

Oh, it'll happen so fast 
When your blood starts running 
All my problems will go away

I actuallY like it!

Just did all original vocals for Tonto, lyrics were off the top of my head but it worked imo. Axl-ified ofc :)

You know where to look for the posting.
I might save the rest for the FINAL AI CD2 release.

Edited by Skamos66