Adding Axl vocals to Village Session Instrumentals using AI - The CD2 AI Project

I've done a few covers with AI Axl on my youtube channel, and I think it is time to play around with the Village instrumentals and see what can be made using the Axl AI model.

Some people don't like the AI at all, some do, but we might as well do something with it since the technology exists, and who knows, it could be fun!

I could go and write all the lyrics myself, choose the tracklist, etc, but I thought I'd make it a community project where yall can give input and provide your own ideas.

Here are a few bulletpoints to get us started (for those who are interested at least)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- How many tracks should the AI album be?
- Which Instrumentals should be used?
- Which Lyrical subjects/Vocal styles to use for a particular instrumental?
- If you'd like to write lyrics for a particular song, feel free to share it (it might be used!)
- Tracklisting & Album Structure suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

"D Tune" could be about love and separation. Perhaps some references to the Chinese concept of ying yang. Also during Robin's lead guitar parts, maybe make Axl's voice match the lead guitar melody? 

"Zodiac" would be perfect in Axl's "Shotgun Blues" voice during the verse and in his mickey voice during the chorus. Maybe a song about society driving you insane? 

"Tonto" could be about time running out. Life passing you by and wasting it away. It could be like a "I fucking you told so, but you didn't listen" type of song.

All this sounds interesting though. I'm down to help out! 🎸🎶

Edited by DarkLotus1111
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, jettesnel said:

One song should be a tribute/diss song to mygnrforum where you use our memes in THE Lyrics.

Keywords:

99 vocals

Complaints

Better than the old one

Etc

maybe, don't want to trigger TB if they happen to see it XD

Also any artists out there want to make a custom CD2 album cover?

• Haha 1

Me & My Elvis: Try using some of the lyrics that have been leaked ( I don't remember now but they are easy to find) and an aggresive bridge something with the recognised high vocals of Axl

Oklahoma: It talks about a court date between Axl & Erin Everly one day after the Oklahoma bombing, so try something around this.

Mustache: A hard rocker, I don't know a topic about It but it's a really cool instrumental.

As It Began: I found someone made a versión with drums, bass and guitars on It, It was uploaded on GNRevolution. Lyrics can be about the early days of the band and afterwards a downhill, trying to focus on Axl personally.

If you need some lyrics about some song or something else I can help if you want It.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skamos66 said:

I've done a few covers with AI Axl on my youtube channel, and I think it is time to play around with the Village instrumentals and see what can be made using the Axl AI model.

Some people don't like the AI at all, some do, but we might as well do something with it since the technology exists, and who knows, it could be fun!

I could go and write all the lyrics myself, choose the tracklist, etc, but I thought I'd make it a community project where yall can give input and provide your own ideas.

Here are a few bulletpoints to get us started (for those who are interested at least)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- How many tracks should the AI album be?
- Which Instrumentals should be used?
- Which Lyrical subjects/Vocal styles to use for a particular instrumental?
- If you'd like to write lyrics for a particular song, feel free to share it (it might be used!)
- Tracklisting & Album Structure suggestions?

Wait, who are you on Youtube?

Whilst I’m not in favour of AI/fakes….it’s an interesting task. I’d be more inclined to use AI to fix and/or enhance other material. I have literally no idea what the capabilities of your AI method are and this might be a bonus track thing but I’d be keen to know if any of the following is even possible: -

Can you use AI to take the live vocals of Ain’t Going Down No More and overlay it with the instrumental on the AFD set?

Can you clean up the audio on Ain’t Going Down from the UYI sessions? It’s got a horrible hiss which is very annoying.

Can AI be used to ‘clean up’ the West Arkeen stuff like Crash Diet? Quite crackly/hissy/flat sounding. Can the AI separate the instruments to allow a new mix?

Cheers if you can answer these questions!

Edited by DTJ80

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Whilst I’m not in favour of AI/fakes….it’s an interesting task. I’d be more inclined to use AI to fix and/or enhance other material. I have literally no idea what the capabilities of your AI method are and this might be a bonus track thing but I’d be keen to know if any of the following is even possible: -

Can you use AI to take the live vocals of Ain’t Going Down No More and overlay it with the instrumental on the AFD set?

Can you clean up the audio on Ain’t Going Down from the UYI sessions? It’s got a horrible hiss which is very annoying.

Can AI be used to ‘clean up’ the West Arkeen stuff like Crash Diet? Quite crackly/hissy/flat sounding. Can the AI separate the instruments to allow a new mix?

Cheers if you can answer these questions!

If there is an Isolated vocal track of Ain't Goin' Down, i can totally put it on the AFD instrumental.
Already did the Crash Diet one, I'm able to use the AI with Vocals, instruments and mixing would be a different thing i'm not experienced in.

Here is the Crash Diet track: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

If there is an Isolated vocal track of Ain't Goin' Down, i can totally put it on the AFD instrumental.
Already did the Crash Diet one, I'm able to use the AI with Vocals, instruments and mixing would be a different thing i'm not experienced in.

Here is the Crash Diet track: 

Ahh. I have zero clue on what his stuff! I thought I had read that AI had been used for some recent Beatles reissue where it was originally all in mono but the AI was able to target instruments and then ‘isolate’ them so they could be remixed? TBF - I think they used some tech from Peter Jackson he used for his documentary.

I know there was a live recording of AGDNM which had different lyrics and wondered if the AI could ‘target’ the vocals and extract/isolate them? Just my brain working overtime!

Good job re that Crash Diet though. 👍

Edited by DTJ80
  • Thanks 1

Since Oklahoma is now called Berlin, I always imaged Axl singing “break down the wall” right as the heavy part kicks in, but like he holds “wwwwwaaaaallllll” for a really long time.

For Elvis/Leave Me Alone/Soul Monster I always pictured Ozzy signing it (since Axl compared it to Black Sabbath). I can hear him in my head singing lyrics like “nothing can free the monster in my soul,” followed by “so leave me alone” (reference to the working title).

How are you gonna come up with the melodies, btw? Melody is way harder than lyrics.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Since Oklahoma is now called Berlin, I always imaged Axl singing “break down the wall” right as the heavy part kicks in, but like he holds “wwwwwaaaaallllll” for a really long time.

For Elvis/Leave Me Alone/Soul Monster I always pictured Ozzy signing it (since Axl compared it to Black Sabbath). I can hear him in my head singing lyrics like “nothing can free the monster in my soul,” followed by “so leave me alone” (reference to the working title).

How are you gonna come up with the melodies, btw? Melody is way harder than lyrics.

He could record the vocal melody himself, I'm guessing that's one way of doing it, and let the AI do the rest. 

Edited by DarkLotus1111
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

I can't say, I had to agree to keep it private with the developer who's letting me use it.

let me guess, this "devloper" is Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank and Dizzy?   trying to finally get an album out???

lol I'm kidding

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

He could record the vocal melody himself, I'm guessing that's one way of doing it, and let the AI do the rest. 

That is how I did the Axl "I'm never gonna release chinese democracy 2" meme clip. So it could work

• Haha 1

I'll keep the tracks, snippets and stuff on my soundcloud, I'll let yall know when something is uploaded but i won't link it of course per the rules. Just go to the profile from the Crash Diet post i made here as the gateway 

• Thanks 1