Adding Axl vocals to Village Session Instrumentals using AI - The CD2 AI Project

@Skamos66 - Slightly off topic, and fuck knows how you would do it, or if it's even remotely possible, but I'd love to hear an AI take on the SCOM Big Daddy rerecorded 2nd half applied to the 1st. So, essentially re-record SCOM in the style of the Big Daddy studio parts. Hell, could you possibly even reimagine AFD using AI to generate the mythical rerecorded 00's version? I'd die a happy man to hear a full studio version of Nightrain with Bucket's live solo...

Maybe I'm off in fantasy land...?

2 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

@Skamos66 - Slightly off topic, and fuck knows how you would do it, or if it's even remotely possible, but I'd love to hear an AI take on the SCOM Big Daddy rerecorded 2nd half applied to the 1st. So, essentially re-record SCOM in the style of the Big Daddy studio parts. Hell, could you possibly even reimagine AFD using AI to generate the mythical rerecorded 00's version? I'd die a happy man to hear a full studio version of Nightrain with Bucket's live solo...

I have a document i've made with all the requests from youtube comments, here, etc. I'll try to get to them eventually im just focused on the CD2 Project at the moment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Bucket was never involved with the AFD rerecording. It was prior to him joining, late 98 to early 99 with Axl laying vox down in that brief period in the second half of 99 that a big percentage of his vox come from. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Bucket was never involved with the AFD rerecording. It was prior to him joining, late 98 to early 99 with Axl laying vox down in that brief period in the second half of 99 that a big percentage of his vox come from. 

Well, at least he did recorded the WTTJ as we have from the Village leaks. That was a rehearsal, but still. Maybe Axl wanted it for the Black Hawk Down movie. 

Also, do we know if Axl recorded vocals for those other AFD songs?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, I remember when Axl said that. He did say "we" and mentioned the possibility of releasing it, though it was later dismissed as just "dat" recordings of rehearsals. Judging by Big Daddy's SCOM and his comment on really getting into details - "little less reverb, little less double bass" - I'd say he rerecorded vocals too. But that's just a guess, of course.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Well, at least he did recorded the WTTJ as we have from the Village leaks. That was a rehearsal, but still. Maybe Axl wanted it for the Black Hawk Down movie. 

Also, do we know if Axl recorded vocals for those other AFD songs?

WTTJ was rerecorded twice. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Ahh I see. I wasn't sure of full timeline the alleged rerecording. That's a huge shame, but it isn't like we would be sampling studio versions, they would be generated (in theory).

AI commands and the software producing this stuff blows my mind. It's an incredible skill in itself. Obviously a very contentious skill if used in a dubious way. We definitely seeing some boundaries crossed.