"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

13 minutes ago, axljungle said:

Maybe they replace the hey heys and the macdaddy part with other verses and music. Since more than 15 years there were a lot of things that could change

That is possible, in part of whole or keep it but lower in the mix with other layers of vocals and instrumental. 

• Like 1

It is going to be on streaming services, if that was not the case Fernando would have said when he had that conversation on Reddit, also the deleted mention of Universal Italy confirms more this theory and why would not be on streaming services if every single has been and every Guns N Roses song?

I think this conversation is similar to the people that believes The General is State Of Grace.

Hey, I might be wrong but the probability is low I think

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dani_1455 said:

It is going to be on streaming services, if that was not the case Fernando would have said when he had that conversation on Reddit, also the deleted mention of Universal Italy confirms more this theory and why would not be on streaming services if every single has been and every Guns N Roses song?

I think this conversation is similar to the people that believes The General is State Of Grace.

If it doesn't stream, we can have regional vinyl listening parties across the world. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Because it's the first one that's NOT a single....the other 3 are..

This is a B-Side to the promoted single...still, I agree with the first half of your post....SURELY...a band with such little output, will be desperate to put this up and promote it as another, the big 3 got outta the booth and concocted this baby for ya last month and sell it to the cows come...

Edited by colonizedmind

7 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

At least the skepticism about a physical only release isn't totally unwarranted. UMG Italy called Perhaps being delayed before anywhere else. So even though it deleted the copy about the General there is some merit there. It's also, as far as I can tell, the first non-album studio track GnR will have released that's only available as a B-side. Pre-streaming services that usually meant you'd have to wait for a comp to get a widespread release of those types of songs. So I can understand why people are worked up about it. Still, obviously it will be released on streaming services. GnR actually makes money off streaming unlike tons of bands, and everything is about money. No doubt the General will be online next week. 

The talk about Slash and Duff not being on it, it being an instrumental, it being State of Grace, etc. That's just people working themselves up over nothing. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Some folks simply can’t imagine songs existing with vocals they themselves have not heard yet. 

Those perspectives would change if we had a leak similar to the Village leaks but from 2004.

Do you really think that since 2001 (the Village leaks) they have only worked on Sorry, Better, and Shackler’s? Then recorded Scraped, This I Love, and didn’t record vocals on any of the other instrumentals?

We have Axl saying the follow up to CD would be in 2009, then in 2014 saying they have the second half of it, had been recorded for a while. Brain mentioning chorus and bridge of Seven, Axl talking about vocals of Soul Monster, we know The General exists with lyrics. Members at that 2010 party heard other songs with vocals that were not from the Village leaks.

There is a lot of evidence suggesting they have had CD2, with vocals, done for a long time. I believe they had more than this, if Axl is to be believed in 2006 when he said they had 2.5 albums worth of material done. I don’t think he was counting instrumentals too, because if you count instrumentals, the Village leaks alone are close to 4 albums worth of material.

Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

In that case i guess Zodiac, Oklahoma, Quick Song, Thyme, Seven will be coming over the next few years then. 

Yup every 2 years for the forseeable future or in Axls words same bat time, same bat channel

With only 5 shows left for this tour do we still think they’ll pull The General out for a live performance? They have a show on 27th (release day) so my bets are on that but it would have been nice to have been a bit earlier this month so we had a nice number of different performances/videos before the tour wraps up

• PERHAPS 1

29 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

With only 5 shows left for this tour do we still think they’ll pull The General out for a live performance? They have a show on 27th (release day) so my bets are on that but it would have been nice to have been a bit earlier this month so we had a nice number of different performances/videos before the tour wraps up

I don't think they did many shows with Hard Skool after it debuted in 2021, right? I could be wrong. 

Really hoping they do The General live Nov. 2nd...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, username said:

Hackney Diamonds is a way bigger deal for me than The General and being done infinitely better in terms of going about the release. Fuck gnr. The Stones are showing how shit is supposed to be done. 

This. Here we all are crossing our fingers and bracing for the worst for the release of ONE SONG, while the Stones are a day away from doing new music the right way.

7 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

This. Here we all are crossing our fingers and bracing for the worst for the release of ONE SONG, while the Stones are a day away from doing new music the right way.

We can only hope what slash and everyone else has said comes true. And that is they get in the studio after this tour. 

34 minutes ago, General2112 said:

We can only hope what slash and everyone else has said comes true. And that is they get in the studio after this tour. 

Well there's November > to end of the year....Slash will totally switch to solo rehearsal and tour from Jan '24 until around May '24....then onwards, either back to recording (dream land) Guns material for a few months and then he'll probably have that Blues album coming fall '24 to promote and play a few shows for....so hopefully a few months of the year are dedicated to GNR work and then in 2025 we see some fruits picked and not just dangled....

Hope....it's the hope that kills us all! 

Edited by colonizedmind

1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

Isn't there more dates than on the itinerary here....they just announced a couple more the other day, not added here yet....