Kiss is replacing itself with AI

rocknroll41

KISS is a joke, always has been. That being said, 1 of the times I saw them was genuinely a fantastic concert. The other 2 shows were fun, too. I’m not big on the AI thing, but if any band can do this kind of thing and make it entertaining, it’s them. It’s cringey now, but who knows what the final show will be like. As a Vegas novelty, I can see it being a tech extravaganza.

Cannot believe they didn’t cough up for Ace and Peter’s likenesses. Wtf :lol:

5 hours ago, silkchild said:

Because Peter criss is a terrible drummer? He’s embarrassing 

Best singer in the group, though. Black Diamond is their best song imo

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

KISS is a joke, always has been. That being said, 1 of the times I saw them was genuinely a fantastic concert. The other 2 shows were fun, too. I’m not big on the AI thing, but if any band can do this kind of thing and make it entertaining, it’s them. It’s cringey now, but who knows what the final show will be like. As a Vegas novelty, I can see it being a tech extravaganza.

Cannot believe they didn’t cough up for Ace and Peter’s likenesses. Wtf :lol:

Best singer in the group, though. Black Diamond is their best song imo

I think the reason they still used Tommy and Eric for the motion capture was so that those guys could still get some royalties for this. Ace and Peter are gonna get royalties for the songs and makeup designs still anyways. I can see Paul and Gene still wanting to throw Tommy and Eric a bone.

how is Kiss a joke band? they had the tunes, riffs, solos, the fresh image at the time, millions of fans and they were also very influential. Their personalities were always shit and they were always super greedy and didn't get along, but Ace is like rock n' roll personified for example. (or at least was)

Kiss Alive alone is something that only a non joke band can achieve imo, but obviously I'm biased cause I'm a fan and I understand that some aspects of the band are a big turn off for many, but the music was there and the live shows were unique. I think Kiss is an important piece of the hard rock puzzle, they made their mark and showed how important the spectacle aspect of the show could be to some bands, and that's on top of creating a respectable sized catalog.

• Like 3

saying Kiss is cringe, is as cringe as saying GNR is Co0l, criiinge. Kiss dig the Melvins, so they alright in my book, also business men of a caliber Axl could only dream of ever reaching, Kiss is the boomer version of a rnr band, Gnr is zoomer rnr

and apparently highly down to earth nice guys to boot, a rarity in the industry..

Edited by pbj_jam
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, pbj_jam said:

saying Kiss is cringe, is as cringe as saying GNR is Co0l, criiinge. Kiss dig the Melvins, so they alright in my book, also business men of a caliber Axl could only dream of ever reaching, Kiss is the boomer version of a rnr band, Gnr is zoomer rnr

and apparently highly down to earth nice guys to boot, a rarity in the industry..

Perfect.

"omg KISS isnt a serious rock band, bunch of clowns"

say the people on a fucking GNR forum 😂

at least KISS knows damn well they’re not an "artistic" band, and they act like they’re aware of this. The worst thing is when fans of bands like GNR, AC/DC, Motorhead and Metallica think these bands are artistically rich and "serious" bands. Like "they’re badass" "KISS are posers" dude, you’re a fan of a 60 year old dude who wears a top hat and indoor sunglasses that keeps posing while he plays. Please.

Edited by Cosmo
  • Like 2

I just thought of something:

The catman avatar looks like Eric and Peter “molded” together… maybe it’s cause they still intend to have the catman sing Beth, Black Diamond, etc.? And therefore think it makes more sense to have it look like Peter since they’ll likely be using the actual album recordings for these shows?

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:11 AM, pbj_jam said:

GnR is definitely cringe :lol:

Gene, Paul, and Ace (especially Ace) all seem like pricks to me. They’re a gimmick band, that is what I meant when I said they are a joke. That doesn’t mean I don’t like them. No one does the gimmick band thing better than Kiss. They are great entertainers with some good rock n roll

Gene and Paul are totally different people in real life. The Demon and Star child are their stage personas.

I've seen interviews with them and tweet them often and they are very cool in tweeting back.

I know Gene gives to many children charities.

you have to have the confidence to be in a band like KISS.

as for Ace. I was at a Texas Frightmare convention and Ace was there. He had to be put in a room away from others, because he wasn't very nice to his fans. I was speaking to many fans and that said he was a dick. As for Peter, I know he always loved being in KISS but his addictions and his lack of drum skills was what got him kicked out. 

Ace will always be pissed that they kicked him out too.

Regardless I've seen KISS many times in concert and they deliver every time.

Their avatars are going to be super cool to watch and through it they will live on for future generations.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Kiss just announced that their AI holograms won’t be ready to tour until 2027… why did they announce it now then?! Lol

maybe so Kiss fans will understand that the intention is not to completely put an end to the whole... thing, whatever you want to call it (the hologram future of Kiss)

so the fans wouldn't define the band as totally over, just a guess.

• Like 1