Your favorite Axl Rose notes? πŸ˜€πŸ€”πŸ’‘

One of my favorite Axl Rose notes are the 8 second,"True!" In IRS, every single time I hear it, I give Axl a mental standing ovation, it's just WOW! πŸ˜€πŸ˜³(happily surprised)

Β 

Another favorite Axl Rose note of mine is the roughly 23 second,"Are!" In Welcome To The Jungle live 2006. πŸ˜€πŸ˜³ It's inhuman, in a good way! πŸ˜€πŸ˜³

Β 

Another favorite Axl Rose note of mine is the siren wail of Welcome To The Jungle. I honestly at first thought it was an actual siren , and I was blown away when I learned that Axl made that siren wail with his VOICE, wow! πŸ˜€πŸ˜³

Β 

Β 

Edited by Karice
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

The last 'I would do anything for you' in TWAT, The same part in IRS Karice mentioned. Also 'Who ever thought I'd be around to shed a light on you? in Monsters.

I doubt theres anyobody living.......

All cautions made

That great aaaaaa note in riad

• Like 2

Mine is probably by far the most obscure, I'd be shocked if anyone is familiar with it. Look up "Guns Live 86 Nightrain" on Youtube, instead of a solo, the song ends with the chorus, and the very last line of the song the "TONIGHT", Axl sings it different than usual. He goes into his lower register and a blues vocal run. Don't recall him singing it that way any other time. Always wished it was on the album version.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Mine is probably by far the most obscure, I'd be shocked if anyone is familiar with it. Look up "Guns Live 86 Nightrain" on Youtube, instead of a solo, the song ends with the chorus, and the very last line of the song the "TONIGHT", Axl sings it different than usual. He goes into his lower register and a blues vocal run. Don't recall him singing it that way any other time. Always wished it was on the album version.

Sounds good

• Like 1

Technically, this isn't a note, but it is funny. Axl is doing Soundcheck for a 90's Concert,  and all of a sudden, out of the clear blue, he starts barking like a dog! 🀣

51 minutes ago, Β©GnrPersia said:

Glad my comment brought a smile to your face.Β :hug:

LMAO! 🀣 Hey, it just occured to me that that quote could also be a Vincent Price Thriller Laugh. πŸ€£πŸ’‘

One of the best Axl lines of all time is the Nightrain from 2009 where he just does the first verse an entire octave higher. Not sure if it’s cheating to count that in its entirety for this thread, but ive never seen him do something like that before or after, and it was one of the best and most underrated Axl moments of all time.Β 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

One of the best Axl lines of all time is the Nightrain from 2009 where he just does the first verse an entire octave higher. Not sure if it’s cheating to count that in its entirety for this thread, but ive never seen him do something like that before or after, and it was one of the best and most underrated Axl moments of all time.Β 

I remember that, was one of those 'where the fuck did that come from?' moments

Maybe quite an oddball here but I really really love the chorus of Riad especially the one on 3.21 after the solo where he shift the tone up from the already high level

Ooooooooh my salvation, aaaaaall my frustrations. Caught in a lie no one had wove as well~~

So powerful and I can imagine not being easy as well technically to sing. Good showcase of how wasted was Axl's singing imo

Shame rest of the song is shit (except for the badass shredding in the solo)

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Those long screams on 'Live & Let Die' in Albany 2002. Insane!:headbang:

Are you talking about haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!" 😁 That was an amazing wail from Axl! 😁

Edited by Karice

22 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

I remember that, was one of those 'where the fuck did that come from?' moments

I need to find that! On the subject of Nightrain, the 2002 Boston performance with Bucket was amazing.

• Like 3