Posted (edited)

This is a beautiful, honest, captivating , enthralling, iheartfelt, in depth thread! 😀😇🐬  By the way, a "Weird fan letter would be something like,"Oh my God, Guns N'Roses, you are the best band in the world, you guys are so great and wonderful, I LOVE each and everyone of you, you guys all totally rock, in other words, something a besotted 13 year old Fan might write to their favorite Band. Your thread is just a thread giving heartfelt gratitude and thanks. 💡

Edited by Karice
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 1:44 AM, adamsapple said:

No, this ain’t no weird „fan letter“ or me being drunk or stoned or anything. I’ve just come to the realization, that GNR has been, for the majority of my life, is in the here and now and probably will be a somewhat crucial part of my life. Strange enough, don’t feel any actual „connection“ to the musicians, not at all. I can't picture myself having a beer with Axl or Slash or anyone. But boy do I love their music.

For some reason, and no particular reason at all, I just feel a very powerful urge right now to scream out THANK YOU. Thank you for the music. Thank you for the magic. The communication (though the music), the connection, the spirit, the vibe, the soul. And thank you for reaching my soul. Thank you for resonating with my soul.

Regardless of how much I want to beat some new music out of you guys - thank you for everything. It's good knowing you are out there while I am out here, all of you, past and present. And I wish you nothing but the best. Same goes for fans sharing my sentiment.

That’s all. Just had to get this off my chest. Probably not worth its own thread, so mods feel free to move it as you please or others feel free to chime in if you want.

One band to sum it up for me, at the end of the day? One band to speak in my name, the things I can’t express but feel? Guns N’ Fuckin’ Roses.

Very hard for me to have so much love toward the band these days for two main reasons, with one being no proper new music (CD demo leftovers and bullshit ain't new music for me), and another one, Team Brazil, period.

But I can relate to how you feel. I have these flashes of enthusiasm and euphoria when I'm in a good mood or have achieved something and play some Estranged or smth as a reward in my car or headphone.   

Edited by ©GnrPersia

Indeed. Thank you GNR.

Thanks for the lack of communication to your fanbase over the years.

Thanks for the lack of new music over the years.

Thanks for charging the kind of money you do for your concerts when Axl sounds like shit.

:lol:

In all honesty though, thank you for the great tunes, and for the great memories! :headbang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Indeed. Thank you GNR.

Thanks for the lack of communication to your fanbase over the years.

Thanks for the lack of new music over the years.

Thanks for charging the kind of money you do for your concerts when Axl sounds like shit.

:lol:

In all honesty though, thank you for the great tunes, and for the great memories! :headbang:

Maybe Axl's earpiece isn't working right when he sounds bad? 🤔 Ashlee Simpson sounded BAD in the Orange/Rose Bowl of 2004 or 2905. Her earpiece wasn't working right so she couldn't hear how BAD she sounded. IIRC, when she watched herself later on a rerun of her song performance, she was SHOCKED at how BAD she sounded and said something like,"My earpiece wasn't working right, so I  couldn't actually hear myself sing. I thought I sounded great but when I watched the replay of my song performance at home, I was SHOCKED at how BAD I sounded." 💡 Maybe similar things happen to Axl? 🤔

As much shit as I give the band these days, at their best they were the fucking best.

And it's not just great tunes and great shows, they've given me real family bonding moments over the years - from the first time my dad played me AFD, to travelling to see them live. Some parents take their kids to ball games, or go hunting, or camping, or whatever... I've seen at least 10 GNR shows with my dad and a few with other family members. I'm 31 and went with my parents, brother and cousin when I saw them last year. Yea it would be great if GNR released more music, had better communication, etc. but at the end of the day, those kinds of moments are what I'm actually thankful for.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

As much shit as I give the band these days, at their best they were the fucking best.

And it's not just great tunes and great shows, they've given me real family bonding moments over the years - from the first time my dad played me AFD, to travelling to see them live. Some parents take their kids to ball games, or go hunting, or camping, or whatever... I've seen at least 10 GNR shows with my dad and a few with other family members. I'm 31 and went with my parents, brother and cousin when I saw them last year. Yea it would be great if GNR released more music, had better communication, etc. but at the end of the day, those kinds of moments are what I'm actually thankful for.

That's awesome, dude!

My household was basically country music so my folks never really appreciated GNR.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

That's awesome, dude!

My household was basically country music so my folks never really appreciated GNR.

Yea I was pretty lucky. They played music all the time when I was young, my dad had one of those 6-CD changers that always had The Wall in it... Queensryche, Dire Straits, Janis Joplin and Santana were all common. At some point I wore out their original copy of AFD :lol:

• Like 1