Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

I sort of see the gold here much better than of Axl rose getting back with the old guys...I don't know if others think so too but I think this is all a lot more creative than Axl doing the same style of old school stuff with the old guys. Like, I 'm sure he just wants to be unique and do something not done before...until now I have never heard of decent today's rock until hearing the few new Gn'R songs. If he did anything with the old band i m sure he wouldn't be as good because it would be same old stuff.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he flipped out and trashed quality music over two leaks, I give up on him. Seriously, if he'd just release a damn album, there would be no need for leaks. Its clear that he still has the ability to make great rock music, now he should finish putting that ability to work.

If I had this stuff, I wouldn't think twice about leaking it... music is meant to be HEARD

Othafa - I respectfully disagree.

In my opinion - BOTH of these songs kick fucking ass.

It's very condenscending of you to judge people so negatively and say that we will like these songs JUST cuz it's Axl.

I hate Oh My God. I rarely listen to Chinese Democracy - I think it's a weak song.

But The Blues, Madagascar, Better and IRS - I couldn't be happier. If the remaining 8-9 songs on the album are just as good as those four, then this cd will rank right BESIDE Appetite and Illusions. In my opinion.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I think its just the excitement of hearing new studio music for the first time in seven years. I don't blame you, the two songs rock, the intro to IRS really has me hooked, and "Better" is really good as well. However, if he released new music with the old band, the same excitement would be there. I wish him nothing but the best regardless of what he decides to do, I just want to hear new music.

You're wrong. I didn't already have my mind made up..

Really?

overproduced shit like Better that sounds like a Nine Inch Nails b-side track.

Have you even heard the whole song yet? :drevil:

I didn't think so......

Yes, your mind is made up before even hearing the whole track. You are jumping the gun and not giving it a possibility and it is obvious.

So, on the same token, isn't everyone here jumping the gun by saying how great it is and how it's anything better than Contraband? Maybe we should just delete all the posts, so nobody can state their feelings until the entire song is released, or until Chinese Democracy comes out, or until pigs fly. Whichever comes first.

Isn't it their opinion? I agree that saying it is the greatest track ever is kind of "over the top" BUT if they like it better than any Contraband material, why can't they say it?

It looks like you are trashing it just because of...

A: It doesnt have the old members

B: They offended you with the Contraband comparisons.(understandable but doesn't justify judging the song before hearing the complete version).

We have heard Contrabands offering, but are yet to hear New GNR's offering. All you keep saying is...."You aren't Trent Reznor AXL"......"This sounds like NIN's shit flushed down the toilet".....You wont admit it, but I am positive you were waiting for songs to come just so you could compare it to old GNR. Neither VR or this new lineup are comparable to old GNR. We all know that.

No I'm trashing it because.. I don't like it.

I keep bringing up NIN because Reznor is a known influence of Axl Rose, and it's been clear the new GNR was going in a more industrial route since "Oh My God" came out. The only difference between Better and a shitty NIN song is Axl's voice.

As far as IRS, I don't like it because it's just not very good. What is appealing about this song? The only reason anyone likes it is because Axl is on it. The guitar work is boring and flat, there's no depth to this song at all. Plus, Axl's voice is way off on this song. It would probably sound a lot better if he still had his old voice, but either way it's nothing more than decent.

I don't hate Axl. I just adress both his good and bad points because I am realistic about the guy and not just sunken into his good side only.

I am new, but I respect you for that if its the case. I have been banned from a handful of GnR forums for the same opinions, basically for not sucking Axl's dick. At times I love the guy, at others its hard not to dislike him. He is human though, and has his problems. I think the only thing everyone wants from him is some new music. These recent leaks have proven nothing than the fact that his last 13 years of existance have been a waste of talent.

I am new, but I respect you for that if its the case. I have been banned from a handful of GnR forums for the same opinions, basically for not sucking Axl's dick. At times I love the guy, at others its hard not to dislike him. He is human though, and has his problems. I think the only thing everyone wants from him is some new music. These recent leaks have proven nothing than the fact that his last 13 years of existance have been a waste of talent.

Thanx for that man you rock. People need to be realistic about Axl.

I sort of see the gold here much better than of Axl rose getting back with the old guys...I don't know if others think so too but I think this is all a lot more creative than Axl doing the same style of old school stuff with the old guys. Like, I 'm sure he just wants to be unique and do something not done before...until now I have never heard of decent today's rock until hearing the few new Gn'R songs. If he did anything with the old band i m sure he wouldn't be as good because it would be same old stuff.

DUDE? TOTALLY that is the case... resurgence-rock and 80s reunions are just a fad at the moment anyway- the payoff of coming back and creating something totally new and original that sets a new standard- is a LOT greater than "getting back with the old band" or doing parody stuff for a few years until it loses steam.

Said it before, will say it again... this album will make everything current look so uncool and lame in the same way AFD did to hair metal, Nirvana to GN'R (those fucks- nirvana that is), Korn to alternative music, etc.

seriously, who the fuck is going to want to keep doing lame, metrosexual-looking, boring shit ala "the strokes," "the killers," "my chemical romance" when CD comes along and offers something 10,000 times more interesting? "Truly... Fuck 'em ALL" - Philip Anselmo

DUDE? TOTALLY that is the case... resurgence-rock and 80s reunions are just a fad at the moment anyway- the payoff of coming back and creating something totally new and original that sets a new standard- is a LOT greater than "getting back with the old band" or doing parody stuff for a few years until it loses steam.

Said it before, will say it again... this album will make everything current look so uncool and lame in the same way AFD did to hair metal, Nirvana to GN'R (those fucks- nirvana that is), Korn to alternative music, etc.

seriously, who the fuck is going to want to keep doing lame, metrosexual-looking, boring shit ala "the strokes," "the killers," "my chemical romance" when CD comes along and offers something 10,000 times more interesting? "Truly... Fuck 'em ALL" - Philip Anselmo

I second. Lol I 'm overposting today for some reason. Axl's band also look really cool and unique onstage...ok well i hope axl doesnt dress so much more like on the american leg of the tour '02 but the way he dressed at the Asian and European shows is so awesome, all these poofter boy band lead singers seem like little pussies in the face of Axl.

I completely agree.Even before Axl said he'd be doing something "different",we all really knew he would be,and honestly,wouldn't have been capable of doing so with Slash,Duff,etc.I think if anything,they only would have held him back.

"Contraband" is proof enough that they don't come close to Axl when it comes to talent and creativity.There is no doubt about it ... This new material is fantastic and I think the majority of fans and non-fans alike will have to agree.

It's funny.Hearing idiot Adler talk recently about the good 'ol days,the excitement of the Appetite -era,false hopes of a reunion ... Seriously,I would take Axl's new lineup and new sound over the old ANY DAY! As great of an idea as a reunion may sound to some (though not to me),the Guns N Roses of today ... whether they sell up to Appetite/Illusion standards or not .. it just .. sounds so much BIGGER to me than anything else.As good as "I.R.S." sounded before (in it's poor quality),it sounds even better,despite it's slower tempo.And don't even get me started on "Better".1 minute and 20 seconds never sounded so good.

Better has an electronic influence going on yes, but i wouldn't go as far to say it was an Industrial song, and it sounds absoloutely nothing like a NIN song, the intro has an 'industrial' vibe, but it's too melodic to rank alongside the likes of NIN and KMFDM or something.

IRS i liked, obviously the quality/mix is going to be off if it's a demo.

I like them both. The new will never replace the old, but it can equal it. I love IRS and Better--especially Better. The more I listen to Better the more I'm falling in love with it. Axl certainly has done a stand up job with these two songs. These new songs show the talent, the hard work, and the determination of the new band to make something really great, and I think they have succeeded.