I'm tired of the same review

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

I'm tired of those cocksuckers who continually use the same old tired review of Better and the new GnR songs. You've all read it . . . ."nothing new. Nothing we haven't heard from any Linkin Park or Nine Inch Nails songs before."

Thats one of the most retarded things I've read in this forum.

Pretty much EVERY type of music has been played, or mixed together. Nobody is claiming that Axl is inventing a new wheel.

Some bands just put out the same sound on every song on every album they do. Whether it's modern day Bon Jovi, where Its My Life and Have a Nice Day sound almost exactly alike, or every Nickleback song ever made. And like it or not, Velvet Revolver's first album . . . . it just all sort of blends in together.

Use your Illusions were so amazing because of the different "sounds" of so many songs. Thats one reason that seperated GnR from other bands.

WE ARE NOT CLAIMING Axl has created some new form of music never heard before. What he's done, is intertwined classic GnR sound with other forms/types of music and created some great songs. A touch of industrial for Better. Some Queen and the Beatles to make Catcher In The Rye.

This is what will keep Axl ahead of most of the rest of the rock music world. Sure, he could just keep putting out different versions of Appetite. But thankfully - in my opinion - he's going to grow GnR's sound. And that's a good thing.

So stop with the limp-dicked comments about how you've heard it all before on the latest Korn album. We don't give a fuck. Just listen to and APPRECIATE the music.

A true music fan listens to new songs with an open mind . . . and then talks about their sound afterwards.

A jackass hits play on the CD player, with his mind already biased and just looking for a reason to criticise. Thirty seconds into Better, he's proclaiming that Axl is just trying to stay hip, is ripping off Nine Inch Nails . . . a minute into it, he's jerking off while looking at pictures of Slash . . . . . three minutes later and he's posting messages on GnR forums proclaiming that the new songs are boring and have been done before by every LImp Bizkit. It's pathetic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of those cocksuckers who continually use the same old tired review of Better and the new GnR songs. You've all read it . . . ."nothing new. Nothing we haven't heard from any Linkin Park or Nine Inch Nails songs before."

Pretty much EVERY type of music has been played, or mixed together. Nobody is claiming that Axl is inventing a new wheel.

Some bands just put out the same sound on every song on every album they do. Whether it's modern day Bon Jovi, where Its My Life and Have a Nice Day sound almost exactly alike, or every Nickleback song ever made. And like it or not, Velvet Revolver's first album . . . . it just all sort of blends in together.

Use your Illusions were so amazing because of the different "sounds" of so many songs. Thats one reason that seperated GnR from other bands.

WE ARE NOT CLAIMING Axl has created some new form of music never heard before. What he's done, is intertwined classic GnR sound with other forms/types of music and created some great songs. A touch of industrial for Better. Some Queen and the Beatles to make Catcher In The Rye.

This is what will keep Axl ahead of most of the rest of the rock music world. Sure, he could just keep putting out different versions of Appetite. But thankfully - in my opinion - he's going to grow GnR's sound. And that's a good thing.

So stop with the limp-dicked comments about how you've heard it all before on the latest Korn album. We don't give a fuck. Just listen to and APPRECIATE the music.

A true music fan listens to new songs with an open mind . . . and then talks about their sound afterwards.

A jackass hits play on the CD player, with his mind already biased and just looking for a reason to criticise. Thirty seconds into Better, he's proclaiming that Axl is just trying to stay hip, is ripping off Nine Inch Nails . . . a minute into it, he's jerking off while looking at pictures of Slash . . . . . three minutes later and he's posting messages on GnR forums proclaiming that the new songs are boring and have been done before by every LImp Bizkit. It's pathetic.

That's post of the day in my book! Dead on...all the way through!

or u sat there listened to it n genuinely didnt think it stacked up...

im sick of all the cocksuckers who knew the album was gonna be classic before they even heard one song...convincing themselves day in day out this was going to be the biggest album ever...axl wouldnt spend 13 years to create a mediocre album...this must be great..!!!they are the ones that dont listen to the songs with an open mind...

irs is fuckin great...fuckin pump it all the time...twat is something from bon jovi, motley crue etc something along the lines of those bands i never had much respect for...there u go man i like one song n dont like another...what does that make me..?

Guest Matt13

im sick of all the cocksuckers who knew the album was gonna be classic before they even heard one song...convincing themselves day in day out this was going to be the biggest album ever...axl wouldnt spend 13 years to create a mediocre album...this must be great..!!!they are the ones that dont listen to the songs with an open mind...

irs is fuckin great...fuckin pump it all the time...twat is something from bon jovi, motley crue etc something along the lines of those bands i never had much respect for...there u go man i like one song n dont like another...what does that make me..?

a cocksucker

Guest Apollo

Dang. Sometimes it's painful dealing with VR fans.

No. You are not a cocksucker if you don't like the new music.

You are a cocksucker if you are one of the people who continually make the comment that Axl is doing nothing new here, cuz if you listen to any Linkin Park album you can hear the same thing there.

Personally, I could give a fuck if you like Axl's new music or not. To me - it's your loss if you don't. Cuz I think Better, The Blues and Catcher In The Rye stand up to anything Guns N Roses have released - ever. I think TWAT and IRS and Madagascar are better than songs like You Could Be Mine and Paradise City.

Dang. Sometimes it's painful dealing with VR fans.

No. You are not a cocksucker if you don't like the new music.

You are a cocksucker if you are one of the people who continually make the comment that Axl is doing nothing new here, cuz if you listen to any Linkin Park album you can hear the same thing there.

Personally, I could give a fuck if you like Axl's new music or not. To me - it's your loss if you don't. Cuz I think Better, The Blues and Catcher In The Rye stand up to anything Guns N Roses have released - ever. I think TWAT and IRS and Madagascar are better than songs like You Could Be Mine and Paradise City.

And Matt - I'm not judging you or saying you felt like this - but a lot of people that make comments like yours . . . . have already JUDGED the music before THEY EVEN HEAR one song, just from comments other people have made. WHY do you care if people think the album is gonna be a classic???? That should play NO PART in whether or not you like it. I think often people who hold your opinion, automatically dislike anything that people hype up. And thats sad.

Nice post Apollo.

Those same people are the ones who are bashing Axl for his latest press release. I can't believe some people who call themselves GNR fans actually hope to see Axl fail.. and they slam him for his silence, and then he talks and they still diss him. Keeping in mind pretty much all we have heard on these court cases is S&D's side. Most of those people would have bashed the statement regardless of what it said.

And i totally agree on the quality of these songs. In all reality, these sound like a natural progression from Use your illusion.

:lol:

Unbelievable.... :huh:

I didnt wait 13 GD years for a flippin Korn album... that is where these comparisons come in. When you work on an album for 13 years... people expect you to reinvent the wheel.

And that's the flaw I see. The first time I listened to these songs I didn't expect anything. To be honest, I just listen to music in general for the rush and feel. I always leave myself open in order to impede stagnation of the mind & soul. If I like the music then great, if not then ' :( ', whatever.

To be biased can sometimes be a self-asserted crime.

Apollo's not complaining about the opinions of the people; he's complaining about what a lot of these opinions are based off. It's too bad that people have to hold expectations of a godly unprecedented level. Music is there to enjoy. Each song is its own entity. I believe one should take it for what it is. Although, I know, with a lot of people, this won't happen.

Too bad.

When you take over a decade to make an album, people expect something new and exciting. When you take over a decade to make an album, and continually talk about how "complex" it is and how you're going to "lead GNR fans into the 21st century of music", you better fuckin' deliver something new and exciting. When you take over a decade to make an album, you better not rip off elements of bands that came out AFTER you. If I wanted to hear something that sounded like Queen or Nine Inch Nails, I'D BUY THEIR ALBUMS.

Here's the problem with it - the original appeal of GnR, to me and millions of other people, was their musical innocence and youthful fury mixed into their songs about things that could only happen in the movies. Since that's gone, the music is terribly overproduced, generic rock with Axl's worn out voice on top.

Oh well, nice to see Axl "evolving" and not "staying in the past" like Slash. :rofl-lol: Slash just wants to stay in the 80's but Axl is like, "fuck that dude, let's go back to the 70's and try to be Queen! I'll just bring in Brian May, that'll do it!"

I think TWAT and IRS and Madagascar are better than songs like You Could Be Mine and Paradise City.

You're a moron.

Edited by OTHAFA

Well, we all have different opinions, different tastes etc..... i think irs is the weakest track out of the 4 by a mile, how fuckin boring is it listnin to that, very ordinary. TWAT is probably the best song out of the 3, brilliant. Kicks the shit out of anything on UYI, infact twat, better and CITR do.

Fuckin bon jovi, you jokin pal????

I am curious as to how on earth you can dislike these tracks if you have been a gnr fan used to listnin to UYI ? these aint afd, very few people are waitin for another afd, it aint gunna happen. This will be a wicked album im sure of that, axl is a fantastic creative musician, thats why people are sure that they will like the album. Not because theyve waited 13 years and feel they have to.

After so long it's difficult to have any fair expectations. The first leak I heard was 'Better' and frankly I thought I had just downloaded another one of these fake songs where it cuts off before Axl starts singing. It had that wierd intro and I thought 'Is that his new singing voice?' but then the song kicked in and I just thought... wow. I've grown up listening to a new era of music, I'm used to the new era of rock so I liked it straight away. I still get that 'wow' every time I hear the song. I agree with you without calling people who don't like it 'cocksuckers'. These are people who wish it was still 1991 and hate the fact that Guns N' Roses have to evolve again... I say fuck that.

I didnt wait 13 GD years for a flippin Korn album... that is where these comparisons come in. When you work on an album for 13 years... people expect you to reinvent the wheel.

And that's the flaw I see. The first time I listened to these songs I didn't expect anything. To be honest, I just listen to music in general for the rush and feel. I always leave myself open in order to impede stagnation of the mind & soul. If I like the music then great, if not then ' :( ', whatever.

To be biased can sometimes be a self-asserted crime.

Apollo's not complaining about the opinions of the people; he's complaining about what a lot of these opinions are based off. It's too bad that people have to hold expectations of a godly unprecedented level. Music is there to enjoy. Each song is its own entity. I believe one should take it for what it is. Although, I know, with a lot of people, this won't happen.

Too bad.

Exactly.

To be a gnr fan and get in to gnr U need to be openminded.(I´m specially talking about UYI)

And I think most of the members on this forum had that opend mind, but lost it. Or else they wouldn´t be here. Before the leaks, and even before the 01-02 tour there were people that doubted on axls ability..

That PROVE that you aren´t openminded.

Dont know why some people lost it..

Maby it´s the bitterness over the fact that the band split, and the long delayed CD.

But It´s strange when the same person can say that "Axl is nothing without Slash", but still complaining about that long delayed CD.

Why wait for something U dont beleve in???

When you take over a decade to make an album, people expect something new and exciting. When you take over a decade to make an album, and continually talk about how "complex" it is and how you're going to "lead GNR fans into the 21st century of music", you better fuckin' deliver something new and exciting. When you take over a decade to make an album, you better not rip off elements of bands that came out AFTER you. If I wanted to hear something that sounded like Queen or Nine Inch Nails, I'D BUY THEIR ALBUMS.

Here's the problem with it - the original appeal of GnR, to me and millions of other people, was their musical innocence and youthful fury mixed into their songs about things that could only happen in the movies. Since that's gone, the music is terribly overproduced, generic rock with Axl's worn out voice on top.

Oh well, nice to see Axl "evolving" and not "staying in the past" like Slash. :rofl-lol: Slash just wants to stay in the 80's but Axl is like, "fuck that dude, let's go back to the 70's and try to be Queen! I'll just bring in Brian May, that'll do it!"

I think TWAT and IRS and Madagascar are better than songs like You Could Be Mine and Paradise City.

You're a moron.

He said some of the arrengements will be like Queen, not the music.

Oh, can U mention ONE particular song that we´ve heard so far that reminds U of the 70´s??

*edit* U´re a moron!

Edited by shootingstar

Up until this paragraph you sounded like you may just get the award for the best post ever on this forum....but you had to go and fuck that up...

You're a moron.

Look,as far as i can tell the opinion of these tracks/Forthcoming album is devided. Me personally,I think all 4 of the new songs are Excellent. As far as the others who are either Unsure or just don't like it cus they've "heard it before" or whatever the reason is bugging them,Just do 1 or 2 of the following.

1) Don't visit this part of the site or bother even posting,that simple. Everyone including myself have opinions which even i respect the negative views,but if you put the ratio of fans on this site,they don't care what the album is like or what it sounds like Blah,Blah,Blah. It out weighs the negative fans by 95% to their mere 5%. Were all excited at what has happened over the last few weeks and for the close coming future. Just cut your shit by dampining the good feeling most of us have. Yes you have an opinion,i know,but most of us are sick are reading negative crap. Just keep your views to yourself op just bitch on welcometothejungle.com. JUST NOT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

2)DON'T BUY THE ALBUM......................ok,so u heard it before or you just don't like it. Again thats your opinion but why be a Hipocrite by bitching and then next,guess what......YOU'VE JUST BOUGHT THE ALBUM!!!!!! LOL LOL

That to me alone shows how much of an idiot you look,if its just cus of the sound theres plenty of material from "back in the day" to keep you happy. Im sure Axl Rose Wouldn't be bothered,just like most of G'N'R's REAL FANS! Us real fans could watch Axl sing "Shitty Bon Jovi" Ballads to the end of time,and we'd still listen to the band or buy the material. WE DON'T CARE......ITS GUNS 'N' ROSES.

:lol:

Unbelievable.... :huh:

:huh: I.R.S better then Paradise City?

J.Walker

:huh: It must be a joke. You were makin some good points too, I have now lost all respect for you :no:

Grimo.

who cares wbout the people who dont wanna enjoy the brilliance of axl rose. Axl always used other bands influences and put his own spin on things and made brilliant music.. Sure its frustrating as hell to listen to the same old dribble from the critic wankers out there but it only makes Axl wanna shove it so hard up there asses as im sure he will tell them all when he starts ranting on stage again. I for one will be listening to anything Axl puts out and know it will be brilliant. We have Axl Rose, they have B grade Rock music

Stadium Arcadium will be a better album than C.D. or any other album that comes out this year for that matter..........and that's a guarantee!!!!

Physical Graffiti remixed by Trent Reznor and Beck MY ASS!!!!!! More like remixed by Kelly Clarkson and Weezer. Good tunes though. :rolleyes: