Gnr fans reviews from NYC May 12 Gig

darknemus

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the show was absolutely amazing!! can't wait for a decent download. So we've seen axl and his gettup, and everyone keeps saying they "looked" like a real band. anyone have pictures of the rest of the group? Just this once i'd like to say I wish i lived in new york.

I was wondering how the opened the show? Did they have the weird orchestral sounds before WTTJ? Or did they open straight away with those intro noises like in Rio? Or did they just start with Axl going "You know where the fuck you are?"

Anyone?

You've gotta find out for yourself:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...d=732735398&n=2

All these reviews sound amazing....like i've said 20 times before I wish I could have been there more than anything!

Kaneda I don't understand you. GN'R fans don't pick out everything wrong with the band and critisize it...

fucking take it for what it is and what it has been...

Would you really rather be waiting in the pure silence we had a few months back??

I wrote all about the May 12 Guns N' Roses concert. I was at the concert. I know this should be in the links page, but I doubt I can describe all what happened here. So just go to this link, I uploaded my web page on my site. http://www.porkhole.net/gunsnroses.html

Maybe you should put your link into this thread http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=70934

Alot of ppl have reviews.

I wrote all about the May 12 Guns N' Roses concert. I was at the concert. I know this should be in the links page, but I doubt I can describe all what happened here. So just go to this link, I uploaded my web page on my site. http://www.porkhole.net/gunsnroses.html

Maybe you should put your link into this thread http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=70934

Merge the threads?

I wrote all about the May 12 Guns N' Roses concert. I was at the concert. I know this should be in the links page, but I doubt I can describe all what happened here. So just go to this link, I uploaded my web page on my site. And wrote about most of these morons who visited the concert above that pissed me off, check it out. http://www.porkhole.net/gunsnroses.html

Merge the threads?

Would if i could but i cant.

did Axl actually sing the "i would do anything for you.. there was a time" lines over the guitar during "TWAT"?

I can only hear guitar on the recordings... I'm hoping he sings those lines 'cause they're breathtaking.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.....I love that part and hope he sings it on Sunday. I think it was kaneda's post where he mentioned that he skipped certian parts of songs, which i dont mind, just hope he does sing the majority of that part of TWAT next time, if he didnt Friday.

Well I've tried to catch up on what people have been saying, so forgive me if I repeat some things.

First, let me say that some of you so called "fans" need to jump off a bridge with that awful band Bullet for my Valentine. I can't believe that some of you are calling Bumblefoot a bad player and that he needs to go. Do you people know what rock and roll is? The guy is amazing.

Next, let me address the fans that were at the show. I realize that some of you are there to hear a good show and party and drink etc... but at least do your fucking homework if you're going to a concert that involves one of the greatest rock bands to ever grace the stage. I don't know how many times I had to hear "There's Izzy!!!", I am serious the people around me actually thought Robin, Tommy, and Richard were Izzy (depending on who you asked). Also, when Bach came out, some people actually thought HE was Izzy! I couldn't fucking believe my ears. Also, the drunken fools who kept trying to run my girlfriend over trying to get closer, a big F-you to you as well.

Now, on to my short review. I was right next to the stage, on the left-middle side. Waiting around for hours standing on my legs was really taxing my stamina. I mean when you're that close to the stage you have people practically living in your ass and they don't want to leave, so I thanked the heavens when the opening riff to Welcome to the Jungle started, but then my thankfullness was interupted by about 100 people trying to get closer to the stage. Luckily, I held them off. Some people weren't as lucky, I saw at least 4 girls passed out or nearly passed out that had to be carried away by security.

Axl was incredible, it's funny because before the show I said to myself "he should just come out in his jeans and shirt" and sure enough, out he comes in classic rocker fashion with a nice leather shirt to boot. The man has obviously been keeping fit as well, he looked fucking great. The goatee really works, he needed it. His voice was probably the best I've ever heard it live, and the rest of the band was loving every minute of it. There was so much energy, it was the best concert I've ever been to.

A couple of funny notes...

Axl got to close to a pyro-explosion, and he gave us a little smirk saying "shit I almost fucked up on that one".

Stinsons was so into the concert, he started roaming around behind Axl at one point. This wouldn't seem strange, except that Robin stopped playing his guitar and actually grabbed Tommy's shoulders and pulled him towards his mic in a funny way. Seconds later the rain of fire came down from the top of the stage and I realized that if Stinson was where he was 5 seconds ago his head would have been toast. It was funny as hell seeing their reaction to that.

You've heard this one already, but Axl calling us all "downloading motherfuckers" got a huge reaction.

Baz coming out and doing My Michelle really just brought the concert to another level, he soaked up the crowd and pumped his fist with Brain's drumming. His voice was sounding great as well, he rocked.

And let me say just one more thing, the new Guns N' Roses are THE Guns N' Roses. They actually look like a fucking rock band. No more freaks, no more gimmicks, they all look like classic rockers. Robin's outfit had me laughing, he looked great. I couldn't believe it was him! And I agree, he looked like John Fusciataine (spelling?) And when he jumped into the crowd at the end, holy shit I had visions of Kurt Cobain all over again. Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll is back and here to stay. Play on!

If anyone has any questions about last night, ask me. I was right next to the stage

I thank the lord I'm not on the floor tonight!!!! 1st Mezz with binoculars for me without a doubt. I'm in pain just thinking about the floor of Hammersmith during a show.

Stinsons was so into the concert, he started roaming around behind Axl at one point. This wouldn't seem strange, except that Robin stopped playing his guitar and actually grabbed Tommy's shoulders and pulled him towards his mic in a funny way. Seconds later the rain of fire came down from the top of the stage and I realized that if Stinson was where he was 5 seconds ago his head would have been toast. It was funny as hell seeing their reaction to that.

You fucking thief!!!!!!!!!!! :anger::fuckyou::anger::fuckyou: you totally stole that from, I don't even think you went to the fucking show!! you even copied the seconds I pointed out :fuckyou:

this was my original post, it was even a thread at HTGTH Named "All Thank Finck"

Robin Finck saved the whole night, NYC shows and maybe even the European Tour when he saved Richard Fortus from getting severely burned!...Seems like Fortus got distracted for a split second and started walking from right to left in front of Brian's drums when Fick quickly grabbed him from behind and pulled him back to where he came from and into the front of the stage. 5 seconds later this huge set of fire/sparkles came raining now just where RF would've been walking. At the moment Fick just laughed but you could see a sort of "phew!" expression. I don't think many people noticed this and if they did they just saw it as nothing important. Well once again, thank you Robin Finck. hahaha I also touched him when he dove into the crowd :hihi:

Shiryu.

THIEF!!!!!!!! :fuckyou:

Kannon.

Edited by kannon21

You fucking thief!!!!!!!!!!! :anger::fuckyou::anger::fuckyou: you totally stole that from, I don't even think you went to the fucking show!! you even copied the seconds I pointed out :fuckyou:

this was my original post, it was even a thread at HTGTH Named "All Thank Finck"

Robin Finck saved the whole night, NYC shows and maybe even the European Tour when he saved Richard Fortus from getting severely burned!...Seems like Fortus got distracted for a split second and started walking from right to left in front of Brian's drums when Fick quickly grabbed him from behind and pulled him back to where he came from and into the front of the stage. 5 seconds later this huge set of fire/sparkles came raining now just where RF would've been walking. At the moment Fick just laughed but you could see a sort of "phew!" expression. I don't think many people noticed this and if they did they just saw it as nothing important. Well once again, thank you Robin Finck. hahaha I also touched him when he dove into the crowd :hihi:

Shiryu.

THIEF!!!!!!!! :fuckyou:

Kannon.

Yeah - except that you said Fortus and he said Stinson... :rolleyes:

Try not to jump to conclusions.

hahahaha that review is hilarious.....you're a dick! you were bitching about people enjoying the show....would you rather everyone just sit down in their seats and say nothing and do nothing. Thats not a concert...concerts are about the atmosphere....god you're an idiot.

From a HTGTH poster..

THERE's NO REASON AT ALL FOR BUMBLEFUCK to be in this band....he looks like he just came out of a bar band and is like 39 yrs old...he serves NO PURPOSE, as a matter of fact, he kinda sucked...he TRIED being like Bucket.....NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!

actually, he and robin had 2 solos each, and all 4 sucked really bad, but i like robin, he has a cool look......bumblefuck has NO LOOK at all....what a bad move bringing this old 80s throwback into the band....he has NO IMAGE and tried to play but it just wasn't happening....

hey Othafuck! What about YOUR look man? What PURPOSE do YOU serve?

Bumblefoot is the most versatile person in this old fashioned band. Maybe HE's gonna bring GNR back to life!!

And if you think he tried to be like BH...maybe you don't know shit about guitar playing... :rolleyes:

As for his age, he's definitely younger than Axl (and really LOOKS younger).

Another disrespectful post about Bumblefoot... Give the guy a chance or take his place in GNR!!