Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why Jarmo is now so nazi about everything is because the site is partly on Sanctuary's servers. He wouldn't want to dissapoint them. It's sad really.

he sold his soul and his integrity. it's a shame. that USED to be a really good board.

I have posted info on the RS article about 3 times and each time it gets deleted.

Rainman :anger:

Come to think of it, why did they use the word 'juicy' to describe it? :unsure:

i have no idea. :unsure:

cos it's the most juicy we've got in a while?

But why not 'meaty'?

It makes it sound more manly.

excellent choice my good man :D

yep i'd have put meaty perhaps they didnt put it incase they offended vegitarians

Something tells me that last bit was sarcasm...

BUT it could work as a strategy. Think about it, an album as notorious as this is released without any real promotion. The sheer audacity of it will make the news spread like wildfire. And you don't know what he means exactly by that. When they say it could just 'be there' one Tuesday, doesn't mean it'll just be hiding in the GNR section waiting for some eager fan to come check. Posters, displays full of the album...could all spring up overnight, so just by walking past the shop you'd notice it. If that were to happen, by the end of it's first day of release, just about everyone will probably know about it.

As for Jarmo, I messaged him and asked why we couldn't post any mention of the rolling stone story and here is his reply.

Because I was asked not to post it.

I respect that wish.

/jarmo

The question is who would tell him not to post, and wouldn't other websites get the same request?

BUT it could work as a strategy. Think about it, an album as notorious as this is released without any real promotion. The sheer audacity of it will make the news spread like wildfire. And you don't know what he means exactly by that. When they say it could just 'be there' one Tuesday, doesn't mean it'll just be hiding in the GNR section waiting for some eager fan to come check. Posters, displays full of the album...could all spring up overnight, so just by walking past the shop you'd notice it. If that were to happen, by the end of it's first day of release, just about everyone will probably know about it.

Good thought, that would be even more awesome!

Good thought, that would be even more awesome!

even harder to keep quiet....

this isn't like in cartoons where ya wake up on the first day of spring and the winter snow has gone and the sun is shining and birds chirping etc.... we will not wake up one morning and be surrounded by the wonderful world of gnr with billboards and posters having sprung up over night, postmen suddenly whistling the intro to better etc etc :rofl-lol:

Edited by NEU-YORK

True :) They are obviously aware of a very strong fanbase they have, who will buy the album with promotion or without. What they are doing at the moment is really just a build up of anticipation i guess... and to be honest I personally wouldn't mind a surprise release after all these years. :book:

I just got some time to sit down before this weekend. All the advertisement is already being done. It is everyone of you that is going to push this album, It will be a cultural movement. I am not promising anything, but who is going to be watching the World Series on this weekend?

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Oct 19 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got some time to sit down before this weekend. All the advertisement is already being done. It is everyone of you that is going to push this album, It will be a cultural movement. I am not promising anything, but who is going to be watching the World Series on this weekend?

hmmmm..... :drevil:

this is not really a confirmation though is it?

people are replying as if its actually coming out this way but im very sceptical considerring other let downs in past years.....

i think the confirmtation would be from the label or Axl himself, because an album has never been released out of nowhere

Edited by motownjunkie

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Oct 19 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is anyone else tired of these people pretending to be insiders? :drevil:

insiders...haha...spread the bullshit motherfuckers.

Merck was joking when he said it was coming out without promotion.Expect this album to be out in 2007.

I expect it to be out mid november

oh come on ...your going to be dissapointed...im just being honest here but its possible that a single or a film clip for the single in late november or early december but not the album until next year