Axl Rose rules!

shotdowninflames

This dude makes a great point. A point we've all heard before, but a good one nonetheless. Axl and the entire Axl n' Roses band need to shit or get off the pot. People are getting sick of his bullshit, as this thread suggests.

Also, I'm not sure who wrote this but it's dead on correct:

"W. Axl Rose is, after all these years, just as paranoid as the song "Out Ta Get Me" indicated 19 years ago."

That would be me who said that thing about Axl's paranoia, and thanks for seeing where I'm coming from on that. I completely agree with you about shitting or getting off the pot, but I wouldn't call his band "Axl N' Roses" because Axl's last name is the Roses part after all. So it'd be more like "Axl N' Posers" if you will. Or perhaps "The Best GN'R Tribute Band In The World" with the slogan, "We have the ONLY authentic Axl Rose singer."

Edited by GNRfan2008

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're confusing the frontman of Guns N' Roses with an ex-member who likes to wear top hats.

Sure Axl likes to fuck, drink, smoke, party and buy expensive shit. Who the fuck doesn't? However, if this was his primary motivation he would have released an album years ago and cashed in when he was still something in the eye of the public. Do you spend 15 years on a record if you want to make money? Or do you release 5 records in the same period and make twice or triple as much?

Axl enjoys the perks like everybody else, but what ultimately drives him is the need to be loved and repsected, to be great. If you actually had studied a little psychology you would have come to the same conclusion.

Social psychology is my minor in university. You have a great point there, If Axl really cared about the money that much, he would have himself in advertisements, promotions, and the whole shabang. I saw this guy wearing a top hat in a

and a shitty car commercial the other day...

And furthermore, the only commercial I have seen regarding Axl and GNR is a cool Harley commercial that contains new music rather than Axl...

A8R

Slash can do commercials if he wants. These attacks against him are just lame. Do they impact his writing? No, which means he's not selling out. If he's not selling out then who the hell cares? Despite commercials and guest appearances, which Slash has every right to do, he has stayed true to his roots. I respect that. Axl hasn't, but Axl wants to evolve more than Slash does. I respect that too, even though what we've heard so far isn't exactly a major evolution. And on stage it appears that Axl has decided to come back to his roots somewhat.

Slash is a lot more marketable than Axl anyhow. Axl would never get the offers that Slash does so it probably makes the whole discussion moot. Instead Axl does stuff like GTA. That was cool. Axl also put SCOM in Big Daddy. Not very cool at all. Have you ever seen this LAME movie before? But Axl doesn't care about money so I'm sure he did this for free. LOL

To say Axl doesn't care about money is silly. Look how the guy lives. He just obviously has enough of it to maintain that lifestyle. Hmm, didn't Sanctuary pay him like $20 million for his say on the back catalogue maybe one year ago or so? Gee, wonder if he's burning through some of that right now. $20 million - kinda reduces the need to do commercials. Apparently Slash would rather do commercials and guest spots than give up his publishing rights to the old songs, even though that would surely provide a much higher windfall than the odd commercial here and there. Frankly I would make the same decision if I were in his shoes.

Actually, didn't Slash sign over publishing rights to GN'R when he gave the name to Axl years and years ago? The old members have ROYALTY rights, just like Axl, but they haven't had publishing rights in probably 15 years.

They gave up rights to use name but not to publishing rights on the old material, which was governed by a partnership contract that Axl, Slash, and Duff signed back in the early 90's if I'm not mistaken.

Are you all still holding your breath? Purple yet?

Look its as simple as this. This band and this music isn't supposed to be a nostalgic act. This tour is another "Lies" a filler tour to appease the powers that be.CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS? Perhaps.

Axl himself said once that he didn't want to live his whole career through Appetite for Destruction. That one album is a snap shot in time of Hollywood during the early to mid 80's. I find it ironic that he's banking on that album now. This band needs to get it "legs" and really gel together. Needs to create its own legends. Remember that GNR1 played clubs all over LA before they got thier tap to go to the big show...thats why this tour is relatively small and still underground. My gut feeling is this. WE AINT SEEN NOTHING YET.....BBbbbaby we aint seen nothing yet.....>

It's easy to feel like we have got the big Fuck YOu from Axl... but IT has to be that way. The public feels to comfortable telling him how to impliment his vision. Just as the old band questioned his direction his motivations and his intentions. Imagine an painter trying to create and having every one standing around telling him how it should be and what he should do . Is this the situation here? Doing it his own way for his own reasons? <---I'd bet money on that and I respect that. The music scene has been castrated by focus group ala corporation bean counters.

This band and his music now I believe is to Axl a work of art. They could have kicked out Appetite II relatively fast but that would have gone no where in 1995-96. Nirvana and Pearl Jam had already stole Axls Flannel shirt.

He told Rolling Stones in that interview that the reason this album has taken so long is that he had to figure out how to make it.... what seems to me that there is something on this album that is unique

Not to psychoanalyze W. Axl Rose but I think as his fans we need to remember he's a huge rock star and a frontman. And most lead singers in rock bands are egotistical, selfish and difficult. Eddie Van Halen talked about "LSD (Lead Singer's Disease)" in dealing with David Lee Roth's massive ego and erratic behavior. I think Axl suffers from the same thing.

The only difference is since 1996 (when Slash left) he's had not one to keep his ego in check. Axl is filthy rich, owns the name to one of the biggest rock acts in history and most important of all, is world famous. Celebrity is like a drug. And Axl is hopelessly addicted to it.

Ignoring his occasional off the cuff comments to the press & vague management press releases, when you look at Axl's actions (not words) it's easy to see what his "modus operandi" is: Pussy, partying, money and... music. (And exactly in that order).

Since January, he's done nothing but go to gatherings with other famous people, get drunk off $1,000 bottles of chamagne, fly around in his private plane, eat gourmet dinners, get manicured, have sex with one gorgeous model after another, get in fights, play to millions of screaming fans in arenas and collect huge paychecks for playing festivals.

Not a bad life eh? And what does he have to do in order to mainstain this lifestyle? Nothing much besides show up late for concerts (when he's not rescheduling or cancelling them) and sing a bunch of songs from an album he recorded 18 years ago. And it's not like that's really difficult. Especially when you get to run back stage during every guitar solo and instrumental to use your oxygen mask, do a shot or get a quick blowjob from your celebirty girlfriend. All said and done it's 2 1/2 hours and then you get to go get drunk, dance, have an orgy & get your braids done.

Axl Rose, like a lot of aging rock stars, is driven by vanity and money. I mean, why is Mick Jagger still touring and torturing his body to look like he's still young? He doesn't need the money. At a point it stops being about being an artist. That's why Axl doesn't want to release his new music. The response to every new song he's played since 1998 has been mixed. And the crowd doesn't want to hear new material. He knows where his bread and butter is. And it's not in playing "Chinese Democracy" in it's entirety.

And if 1, 2 or all of his band mates quit, who cares? He can afford to just bring someone else in. Everyone's only focusing on Axl at the shows now anyway. And no matter who leaves, he can still call what he does "Guns N Roses."

Axl isn't gonna change unless he has to. The only reason he's touring and even thinking about releasing his album is because he needs more money. If not he won't be able to buy the expensive paintings and sports cars he wants. And he wouldn't be attracting beautiful models if he wasn't a working rock star. (Groupies aren't attracted to reclusive milionaires holded up in their mansions getting fat & crazier).

So if you really want to change Axl Rose stop buying tickets to his shows. Stop paying $100 of your hard earned money to see his GnR tribute band. Because as long as he's able to tour arenas and get rave reviews from critics & fans he's never gonna think there's a problem.

If not you're going to just have to accept this is the way it is & that it's been this way since 2001. The same set list, more album delays & continuing to be kept in the dark by Axl and deceived by his management. And very likely it's going to keep going on this way for many, many years until Axl drops dead or people stop coming to the shows.

It's frustrating as hell but there's not a whole lot we can do about it. Except take our anger out on each other on these message boards. I guarantee Axl isn't losing a minute's sleep over our unhappiness with his actions. So we shouldn't waste energy (or money) on him either.

Slash?? Is that you?

Is this Slash? hahaha

Anyway to the author of this sick post. Dude you did analyze Axl. Are you a fucking stalker or just jealous like most people who are conquered by his unique character? Axl is Axl . He is one of the best frontmen in the history of Rock n' Roll. He has always partied like the star he is and deserves it. Judge Axl on stage , don't comment about his personal life. Buy the cd , listen to it and then judge him as an artist. Who the fuck are you to pass judgement about his personal life? Get Real

Is this Slash? hahaha

Anyway to the author of this sick post. Dude you did analyze Axl. Are you a fucking stalker or just jealous like most people who are conquered by his unique character? Axl is Axl . He is one of the best frontmen in the history of Rock n' Roll. He has always partied like the star he is and deserves it. Judge Axl on stage , don't comment about his personal life. Buy the cd , listen to it and then judge him as an artist. Who the fuck are you to pass judgement about his personal life? Get Real

Fuckin A Right, and stop whining as well. He has given a lifetime of music compared to most rock musicians, perhaps we should wish for a movie like Mettalica and Dr Phil collaborated on, lol.

"Enough is a feast"

Is this Slash? hahaha

Fuckin A Right, and stop whining as well. He has given a lifetime of music compared to most rock musicians, perhaps we should wish for a movie like Mettalica and Dr Phil collaborated on, lol.

"Enough is a feast"

Axl rocks!

Edited by shotdowninflames

Is this Slash? hahaha

"Enough is a feast"

I was waiting for a vicious reply like this. I tell you "fans" like you are as predictable as the wait for Chinese Democracy is long. Why not try something different? The "viciously attack anyone who dares to even vaguely criticize Axl Rose" has gotten pretty fucking old.

And no I'm not jealous of Axl Rose. Being a 44 year old has been living off past glories from his 20's and being best known for breaking up one of the greatest bands in rock history and taking 12 years to complete one fucking album is not my idea of a role model.

I'll step aside and let the Axl lovefest continue...

I tell you the asshole fans on this board tend to mutliply every week...

I guess it's understandable considering the "rock god" you worship is a complete dick.

You keep getting smarter and smarter, don't you?

You just ripped the frontman of a band that this forum is dedicated to. Fuckhead. What in the name of god did you think was going to happen? Axl the bigest part of Guns N' Roses. You ripped Guns N' Roses. And also you think you know Axl and what he does when really you know your opinion and noting else.

so shotdowninflames if you have a problem with anyone considering Axl as a rock god, which he is, you're at the wrong fucking place. This is a fan site. I would recommend going somwhere else.

you've been shot down in flames by;

A8R

Is this Slash? hahaha

"Enough is a feast"

I was waiting for a vicious reply like this. I tell you "fans" like you are as predictable as the wait for Chinese Democracy is long. Why not try something different? The "viciously attack anyone who dares to even vaguely criticize Axl Rose" has gotten pretty fucking old.

And no I'm not jealous of Axl Rose. Being a 44 year old has been living off past glories from his 20's and being best known for breaking up one of the greatest bands in rock history and taking 12 years to complete one fucking album is not my idea of a role model.

I guess it's understandable considering the "rock god" you worship is a complete dick.

You just ripped the frontman of a band that this forum is dedicated to. Fuckhead. What in the name of god did you think was going to happen? Axl the bigest part of Guns N' Roses. You ripped Guns N' Roses. And also you think you know Axl and what he does when really you know your opinion and noting else.

so shotdowninflames if you have a problem with anyone considering Axl as a rock god, which he is, you're at the wrong fucking place. This is a fan site. I would recommend going somwhere else.

A8R

Axl rules! And so do his fans!

Edited by shotdowninflames

Is this Slash? hahaha

"Enough is a feast"

A8R

Feel better asshole?

Thanks for taking the bait. This is what you diehards live for. Another chance to viciously attack anyone who dares to criticize Axl or this current incarnation of Guns N Roses.

This board isn't a "fan forum." It's about bashing the shit out of other fans. They should call it "Guns N Roses: Civil War." I've been visiting it for a year. All it's about is someone raising doubts about Axl and nuGnR and someone thrashing the hell out of him. Ain't It Fun? No.

Have a nice day buddy. It was nothing personal... fuckhead! :P

I'll now go join the 19,000 other people you Axlites have scared off this board.

Let me know when the album drops. :P It'll be about the same year the Iraq war ends.

Face it dude...

you_got_owned_yel.gif

A8R

A8R

Don't hold back, Allen. Tell us how you really feel. :laugh::laugh:

Seriously though - Shotdowninflames - I hear what you're saying, but I respectfully disagree. Love him or hate him, Axl creates amazing music, and that's why people come to this forum. You can whine about him showing up late (which he's always done), bitch about him spending too much time and fans' money on $1000 bottles of champagne, or complain that he parties too much -- but at the end of the day, it's all about the music.

And suggesting people boycott the shows or not buy the album to protest isn't going to "change" the way Axl behaves. He has a mind of his own - He always has and likely always will. If people don't buy the album, the label will drop him, and then he won't be creating any more new music for the fans - which means, this strategy would only hurt the fans. jmo.

A8R

Don't hold back, Allen. Tell us how you really feel. :laugh::laugh:

And suggesting people boycott the shows or not buy the album to protest isn't going to "change" the way Axl behaves. He has a mind of his own - He always has and likely always will. If people don't buy the album, the label will drop him, and then he won't be creating any more new music for the fans - which means, this strategy would only hurt the fans. jmo.

i totally disagree with you here madison, axl acts like he does, because the people around him feed his behaviour, everyone LETS this guy and other rock stars be assholes, because they want something from him, they want to be liked by him, if axl rose has no fans, it would change axl, he's not stupid, we could hang this guy by the balls if we wanted to.

Sex?? He'd be lucky to be able to still get it up.

Drugs?? He might take one, see above.

Rock N' Roll?? I guess so.

This coming from a guy who runs a website dedicated to Chris PiTTTTTTTman. Drugs? That's plural dude... it has nothing to do with taking one. Refer to you stupid 'lets run a dumb ass website and call Merck's office' book for dummies.

Rock N' Roll? We all figured you'd run out of gas at that point.

Go rub another layer of skin off of Minnow, you dumb ass.

Where do these fucking idiots come from?

Is this Slash? hahaha

"Enough is a feast"

A8R

Feel better asshole?

Thanks for taking the bait. This is what you diehards live for. Another chance to viciously attack anyone who dares to criticize Axl or this current incarnation of Guns N Roses.

This board isn't a "fan forum." It's about bashing the shit out of other fans. They should call it "Guns N Roses: Civil War." I've been visiting it for a year. All it's about is someone raising doubts about Axl and nuGnR and someone thrashing the hell out of him. Ain't It Fun? No.

Have a nice day buddy. It was nothing personal... fuckhead! :P

I'll now go join the 19,000 other people you Axlites have scared off this board.

Let me know when the album drops. :P It'll be about the same year the Iraq war ends.

Face it dude...

you_got_owned_yel.gif

A8R

I'm glad this nerd took the time to post an image in his post.

Tell me how to do it, sweetheart. I'm begging you.

Note to self: When you think you're cool by figuring out how to make fun of another nerd online by making a JPG magically appear, is about the same time you should...

BLOW A HOLE IN YOUR FUCKING HEAD.

Really.

On to the weather...

Hey Matt13, what's your problem man? All you do is sit around picking fights with people....everyone's entitled to their own opinions without someone telling them to blow their brains out. You need to relax.

I have a problem with burger flipping idiots. Go blow your brains out.

Hey Matt13, what's your problem man? All you do is sit around picking fights with people....everyone's entitled to their own opinions without someone telling them to blow their brains out. You need to relax.

matt shut the fuck up! stop being an internet bad ass :laugh: and your talking about nerds.

matt shut the fuck up! stop being an internet bad ass :laugh: and your talking about nerds.

You're right dude. I didn't get laid tonight... the Jack has me pretty upset... and all I want to do is kill nerds.

I'm obsessed at this point.

Maddy only has the power to stop me... help me Madison?!!!!

God she's hot... and I've never met her...

Hey dumb fuck, go back to your play ground and play whit your lego... or is it barbie dolls??

Edited by dally

Hey dumb fuck, go back to your play ground and play whit your lego... or is it barbie dolls??

Okay,

homie.

3000 plus posts? You don't know about me yet?

WHERE'S YOUR SIGN?

:(

But... but... but the manager said I could be working the counter in a few months. :cry:

Okay,

homie.

WHERE'S YOUR SIGN?

No.. should i know you :drevil:

:(

But... but... but the manager said I could be working the counter in a few months. :cry:

Well... while you're down there...

(lol)

Okay,

homie.

WHERE'S YOUR SIGN?

No.. should i know you :drevil:

(only if Highvoltage and Madison allow you to).

can't aggree there sorry.

Wrong thread. Refer to the thead about enjoying sucking on penis in 'Anything Goes'.

Yup, happens to the best of us mate.