Stone Temple Pilots

The Real McCoy

Fake STP is a joke. That hooray for tolerance! from Linkin Park is awful, just awful, and Out Of Time is the worst song to ever have been released by Stone Temple Pilots. But let's talk about one of the greatest fucking bands in the entire world, Stone Temple Pilots :headbang:

Core is one of my fave albums, and is in my top 5 debut albums. Crackerman, Plush, Sex Type Thing, Wicked Garden, Creep, Dead & Bloated.......all great fucking songs :headbang: :headbang:

Purple is another great album, Interstate Love Song and Vasoline are 2 of the best songs ever written :headbang:

Tiny Music is a cool album, and I wish it was more popular.

No. 4.....I fucking love this album. Fuck it's great :headbang:

Sangri La Dee Da is an ok album imo. A Song For Sleeping is my fave from that one.

Stone Temple Pilots: Holy shit, one of the best comeback albums ever. There is not a song on here that I don't love. Amazing album :headbang:

Have any of you seen real STP live? What are your fave albums and songs?Stone_Temple_Pilots.jpg

You had me until you said Shangri La was ok and the self titled was great. Shangri La was great and the self titled sucked ass. Just absolute shit that album. Only thing I listen to on there is the live version of Vasoline.

EDIT: Saw them in 2011, awesome gig but it was too short at 90 minutes. Hopefully get to see Scottless Temple Pilots along with AIC, Down, Newsted, Walking Papers and Megadeth in February.

What the hell line up is that? Sounds amazing
Soundwave Festival here in Oz. Last year I saw Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Tomahawk and Loaded. Because of clashes I missed Linkin Park and Cypress Hill

Where do you rank Core and Purple P5?

My rankings, favorite to least:

Purple

Tiny Music/Shangri-La (tie)

Core

Stone Temple Pilots

No. 4

Purple is probably in my top 5 albums of all time. I fucking love Purple.

Core used to be my favourite but I'd pretty much rank them the same as you now except Tiny Music swaps with Purple often and No. 4 murders that self titled turd. Atlanta you fuck, Atlanta! FFS Powerage! :lol:

Fake STP is a joke. That hooray for tolerance! from Linkin Park is awful, just awful, and Out Of Time is the worst song to ever have been released by Stone Temple Pilots. But let's talk about one of the greatest fucking bands in the entire world, Stone Temple Pilots :headbang:

Core is one of my fave albums, and is in my top 5 debut albums. Crackerman, Plush, Sex Type Thing, Wicked Garden, Creep, Dead & Bloated.......all great fucking songs :headbang: :headbang:

Purple is another great album, Interstate Love Song and Vasoline are 2 of the best songs ever written :headbang:

Sangri La Dee Da is an ok album imo. A Song For Sleeping is my fave from that one.

Stone Temple Pilots: Holy shit, one of the best comeback albums ever. There is not a song on here that I don't love. Amazing album :headbang:

Have any of you seen real STP live? What are your fave albums and songs?Stone_Temple_Pilots.jpg

You had me until you said Shangri La was ok and the self titled was great. Shangri La was great and the self titled sucked ass. Just absolute shit that album. Only thing I listen to on there is the live version of Vasoline.

EDIT: Saw them in 2011, awesome gig but it was too short at 90 minutes. Hopefully get to see Scottless Temple Pilots along with AIC, Down, Newsted, Walking Papers and Megadeth in February.

Soundwave Festival here in Oz. Last year I saw Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Tomahawk and Loaded. Because of clashes I missed Linkin Park and Cypress Hill

Purple

Core

Stone Temple Pilots

No. 4

Core used to be my favourite but I'd pretty much rank them the same as you now except Tiny Music swaps with Purple often and No. 4 murders that self titled turd. Atlanta you fuck, Atlanta! FFS Powerage! :lol:

I love Atlanta, it's one of my favorite STP songs. I just think No. 4 is too inconsistent - there's a few really great songs on it (Down, Heaven & Hot Rods, Sour Girl, I Got You, Atlanta), and I think the rest is shit.

I like Purple the most out of all the Scott/STP records. I don't mind the EP with Chester, but I think a friend put it best. He said it more or less sounds like STP karaoke. Like Chester is just doing his best Weiland impression.

It was recently re released on vinyl. Did youpuck it up yet?

Purple

Core

Stone Temple Pilots

No. 4

I love Atlanta, it's one of my favorite STP songs. I just think No. 4 is too inconsistent - there's a few really great songs on it (Down, Heaven & Hot Rods, Sour Girl, I Got You, Atlanta), and I think the rest is shit.
Man All the rest is great the only shit song on there is MC5.

I've seen STP many times. From the mid 90-s to present day. One of my best experiences was when I brought a sign to the Family Values Tour that said "Can I Sing CREEP With You!?" and I got to go on-stage. Here I am with my #4 jersey on next to Weiland.

407993_10150580288782456_1961785166_n.jp

The same show next to Dean. He looks thrilled!

308007_10150363657242456_2109054972_n.jp

Ten years later in 2011,I met Weiland after an STP show. He had no intentions of stopping until I yelled out that I had the deluxe edition of HAPPY IN GALOSHES: This was about 2 minutes after he stepped off stage.

304086_10150366305327456_557296541_n.jpg

STP are one of my top 5 favorite bands (along with GNR,Green Day,Pearl Jam and Motley Crue) so it's hard for me to rank the albums. I love all of them but something has to be last.

Purple

Tiny Music

Core

STP

No.4

Shangri-La-Dee-Da

I know it's not really STP with Chester but it would be cool to hear Adhesive or Glide live since it's pretty clear they won't do them with Weiland (when the inevitable reunion takes place)

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 2

I've seen STP many times. From the mid 90-s to present day. One of my best experiences was when I brought a sign to the Family Values Tour that said "Can I Sing CREEP With You!?" and I got to go on-stage. Here I am with my #4 jersey on next to Weiland.

STP are one of my top 5 favorite bands (along with GNR,Green Day,Pearl Jam and Motley Crue) so it's hard for me to rank the albums. I love all of them but this is my ranking:

Purple

Tiny Music

Core

STP

No.4

Shangri-La-Dee-Da

I know it's not really STP with Chester but it would be cool to hear Adhesive or Glide since it's pretty clear they won't do them with Weiland (when the inevitable reunion takes place)

They did Adhesive on the Tiny Music tour, right?

STP are one of my top 5 favorite bands (along with GNR,Green Day,Pearl Jam and Motley Crue) so it's hard for me to rank the albums. I love all of them but this is my ranking:

Purple

Tiny Music

Core

STP

No.4

Shangri-La-Dee-Da

I know it's not really STP with Chester but it would be cool to hear Adhesive or Glide since it's pretty clear they won't do them with Weiland (when the inevitable reunion takes place)

Q: Jon asks: "I heard that there are quite a few songs that STP never played live to date. Can you tell me which ones they are from each album?"

A: One could argue that not every STP song can be performed live with only one guitar player. In some cases Robert used an additional acoustic guitar on a guitar stand (Lounge Fly, for example), or Scott might pick up a guitar to strum a chord or two (Bipolar Bear, played once). Some songs were never played live, though. Here they are:

From Core: Every song off this album was performed live. Also, there are (bootleg) recordings available of all of them. Songs not performed after the 1992/1993 Core-tour are: No Memory (usually as intro to 'Sin' on the Core tour), Naked Sunday, Wet My Bed and Where The River Goes.

From Purple: Every song off this album was performed live. Again, there are recordings available of all of them.

From Tiny Music... Songs From the Vatican Gift Shop: Press Play, Art School Girl, Adhesive and Ride The Cliché were never performed live. And So I Know was only performed a couple of times during the 1996 tour. Songs not performed after the 1996/1997 tour are: Pop's Love Suicide and Daisy.

From No.4: Pruno, Church On Tuesday, Glide and MC5 were never performed live. I Got You was performed live for the first and only time on April 16, 2002. Heaven & Hot Rods has only been played two times in concert now - on June 6, 2000 and on October 11, 2001. Songs not performed after the 2000 No.4-tour are: No Way Out, Sex & Violence and Atlanta. There are no good live recordings available of No Way Out, and there are no reported recordings of I Got You available.

From Shangri-LA DEE DA: Dumb Love, Hello It's Late, Transmissions From A Lonely Room and A Song For Sleeping were never performed live. Bi-Polar Bear was played first on October 11, 2001. It was then never performed for almost 10 years..Regeneration and Long Way Home were only performed live twice. Black Again was performed only as an acoustic song twice in 2001. Then, in an unexpected turn of events, STP added an electric version to their set list in 2012. A live recording of Long Way Home is available from August 4, 2001 (Rolling Rock 2.0), of Regeneration from July 10, 2001(MuchMusic Canada) and there's an acoustic version available of Black Again from October 22, 2001 (taken from the Y100 Sonic Session in Philadelphia).

http://www.belowempty.com/bandinfo.php?s=faq

Purple

Tiny Music

Core

STP

No.4

Shangri-La-Dee-Da

Q: Jon asks: "I heard that there are quite a few songs that STP never played live to date. Can you tell me which ones they are from each album?"

A: One could argue that not every STP song can be performed live with only one guitar player. In some cases Robert used an additional acoustic guitar on a guitar stand (Lounge Fly, for example), or Scott might pick up a guitar to strum a chord or two (Bipolar Bear, played once). Some songs were never played live, though. Here they are:

From Core: Every song off this album was performed live. Also, there are (bootleg) recordings available of all of them. Songs not performed after the 1992/1993 Core-tour are: No Memory (usually as intro to 'Sin' on the Core tour), Naked Sunday, Wet My Bed and Where The River Goes.

From Purple: Every song off this album was performed live. Again, there are recordings available of all of them.

From Tiny Music... Songs From the Vatican Gift Shop: Press Play, Art School Girl, Adhesive and Ride The Cliché were never performed live. And So I Know was only performed a couple of times during the 1996 tour. Songs not performed after the 1996/1997 tour are: Pop's Love Suicide and Daisy.

From No.4: Pruno, Church On Tuesday, Glide and MC5 were never performed live. I Got You was performed live for the first and only time on April 16, 2002. Heaven & Hot Rods has only been played two times in concert now - on June 6, 2000 and on October 11, 2001. Songs not performed after the 2000 No.4-tour are: No Way Out, Sex & Violence and Atlanta. There are no good live recordings available of No Way Out, and there are no reported recordings of I Got You available.

From Shangri-LA DEE DA: Dumb Love, Hello It's Late, Transmissions From A Lonely Room and A Song For Sleeping were never performed live. Bi-Polar Bear was played first on October 11, 2001. It was then never performed for almost 10 years..Regeneration and Long Way Home were only performed live twice. Black Again was performed only as an acoustic song twice in 2001. Then, in an unexpected turn of events, STP added an electric version to their set list in 2012. A live recording of Long Way Home is available from August 4, 2001 (Rolling Rock 2.0), of Regeneration from July 10, 2001(MuchMusic Canada) and there's an acoustic version available of Black Again from October 22, 2001 (taken from the Y100 Sonic Session in Philadelphia).

http://www.belowempty.com/bandinfo.php?s=faq

Cheers, I was a little rusty on what had been played and what hasn't. I know They've done Church On Tuesday with Chester now also...but I could care less about that.

Saw them do Seven Caged Tigers in 2009 - that was special since that one is pretty rare and it's one of my favorite STP tunes :)

And WTF no Hello Its Late?! That should be a death sentence alone right there.

Wish I'd seen them do more SLDD stuff. Only seen them do Too Cool Queenie and Coma - both were amazing. Of course I saw the only gig in 2012 where they didn't do Black Again, and at one of my gigs in 2011 they skipped Bi-Polar Bear because they came on late <_<

Couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, not well as as a result? :awesomeface:
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've only just picked up Stone Temple Pilots (most recent effort) - and have to say, it's absolutely boss. I really, really like it. I've enjoyed all of their other albums, but finally picked up No. 4 and this in the last few weeks, and don't regret it! So many memorable tracks, it's very easy to listen to.

Unsure if anyone enjoys it in a similar way - but it's a nice release for sure.

When you say STP do you mean real STP or fakeSTP? I tried to like the fakeSTP EP, I did, but it sucks ass :no: They aren't the same without Scott. Its why VR doesn't have a new singer. Scott is irreplaceable. No. 4 is an amazing album btw. Really great. Sandman: How do you rank their records?

When you say STP do you mean real STP or fakeSTP? I tried to like the fakeSTP EP, I did, but it sucks ass :no: They aren't the same without Scott. Its why VR doesn't have a new singer. Scott is irreplaceable. No. 4 is an amazing album btw. Really great. Sandman: How do you rank their records?

I tried to like it as well. I just consider it a side project.I'd put it above Army Of Anyone but below Talk Show. I actually don't mind Chester but it's not STP without Scott.

Question for the STP fans. Would you consider it STP with Weiland but without Robert, Dean or Eric? Does it need to be all four or would Eric be replaceable?

STP minus one guy = not STP

Guns minus four guys plus seven randoms = Guns N' Roses

Ooookaaaayyy.....

• Like 1

STP minus one guy = not STP

Guns minus four guys plus seven randoms = Guns N' Roses

Ooookaaaayyy.....

lol exactly!

Weiland is awesome, but Chester is also pretty good. Dude sings like hell.

Man I just am not warming up to Chester at all. I didn't like him after I saw the first performance and after giving him many changes with the new EP I still don't like him with STP. Hell I think the self titled record is miles ahead of the new EP, I hope Scott gets his demons in order so STP can be less terrible.

Although I don't think Chester sounds terrible with all of the old material, and I do respect the situation he is in. It's just after seeing STP live back in 2008 and knowing what Scott does with the material it just isn't as satisfying hearing Chester do it all (not that Scott was all that in recent years)

Edited by WhazUp