The Beatles

luciusfunk

• 9 months later...

Lenny, I'm sure you know about Lorne Michaels' offer in the 70s. With all this GN'R reunion talk, do you think if John hadn't been shot in the 80s, there would eventually have been a Beatles reunion? He had already made up with Paul during his "lost weekend" and he had worked with Ringo.

Lenny, I'm sure you know about Lorne Michaels' offer in the 70s. With all this GN'R reunion talk, do you think if John hadn't been shot in the 80s, there would eventually have been a Beatles reunion? He had already made up with Paul during his "lost weekend" and he had worked with Ringo.

I dunno man, i lived through a lot of reunions I never thought I'd see and I'd be a liar if i said any of em lived up to the original, maybe some things are best left. But then there's other bands and then there's The Beatles, those four guys in the same room was magic and they broke the mould in every other respect too, whoose to say they wouldn't break the reunion lameness pattern too. I just don't know.

The Beatles broke up at the perfect time. They didn't need to retire. Maybe until a little into the 70s....All Things Must Pass, early solo Lennon, Photograph combined into a Beatles album or two would've been great, but nothing further. Nothing blew me away after that period except for probably Woman.

EDIT: Macca can STFU and play his bass. I don't wanna hear his boring solo shit for housewives.

Edited by Johnny Drama

Sgt Peppers was the first rock record I ever heard. I found it in a cupboard and put it on this record player. I really like the Sgt Peppers reprise dance song. It's the best Beatles album as it has everything they are but is so much more too. Revolver and White album also very cool. Revolver is maybe my favorite just to listen to as an album. Tax Man, She said, Tomorrow Never Knows theres alot in a small package. White album is more unwieldy but I still find songs on it. Really like let it be. Actually though Abbey Road is shit.

I listen to the Blue album a lot. Its a cop out but here i am.

Blue Jay Way always has a special place in my heart, so fucking spooky, I was walking on the moors in the fog once and could barely see where to put my feet cause the grass was full of rabbit holes and a sign said please keep off the moors because some rare bird was in breeding season or something so I was trying not to crush some exotic feathers and trying not to break my ankle and I didn't have a phone so would be crawling along getting eaten by the rabbits until someone else came or whatever and then Blue Jay Way comes on my ipod and I already knew Harrison wrote it when it was foggy and he was sitting in his house on the hill waiting for someone to drive up through the fog and thought well if I die here it'll be a good epitaph, full circle.

I never listened to no albums as a kid, mostly it was singles, couldnt afford no albums and there werent no music enthusiasts in my house whoose record collections to dig into. My first album was The Monkees 16 Smash Hits...after that it was GnR.

My parents were living in Liverpool in the 60s. So I think they hid all their records but kept Sgt P and Abbey Road. I found them and put them on when they went out. But then I forgot about music until I was 14 or something when I taped the top 40. Then I bought Like a Prayer on tape, Roachford and Hysteria, then AFD and then Pistols, Zepp, Stones, Hanoi, Hendrix, LA Guns, Fasterpussy cat, then Nirvana/faith No More happened, brit pop etc. oasis probably last band I was into in any real way. It wasn't until I bought Revolver I realized Beatles werent just lame children's music. Our headmaster played u2 in assemblies so I hated them because he tied religious preachy messages to the songs. So it was really Madonna that got me into music. Her videos of stripping in front of burning crosses was very imfluential.

• 2 weeks later...

I think John and Paul would have written together again, but they wouldn't have been Beatles songs.

I could see them doing an album together, have George and Ringo as guests, with Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan. People forget that Paul was more successful and Lennon's solo career didn't reach critical success until after he died.

For me everytime those 4 bastards got in the same room you got masterpieces.

I've honestly never been overly enthralled with Let It Be. While the opening 2 tracks are superb, everything after seems the most "phoned-in" of any Beatles material. As much as I love George, even his contributions on LIB are far from his best.

Aw fuck that, i want stuff i aint seen before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=rb0-vF9bWR4

They are reporting it as if they have unearthed some 'hidden footage of John as an evil unrepentant un-pc individual'' yet it was part of his routine on virtually every night of a certain tour (I think if memory serves me before ''Twist and Shout'' but I might be wrong), and multiple footage of it has existed for years, both officially and unofficially. It has been discussed at length also.

It would be the equivalent of somebody unearthing some ''unseen unique new footage of Axl lambasting Izzy'' before Double Talkin' Jive''!