From another angle, Team Brazil is the best management Axl has ever had

ManetsBR

Let's take a look at Team Brazil's only client:

axl.jpg

W. Axl Rose, a 52 years old rockstar who values his privacy more than anything and who puts his emotional well-being in front of his carreer. Mr. Rose is known for having a hard time getting in good terms with the music industry and for not wanting to reunite with his former band colleagues.

These are things that would certainly bust Axl's carreer:

- Release a new album.

And this is something that would jet his carreer to the stratosphere:

- Old Guns N' Roses Reunion.

Thing is: the process of putting a new album out has been proved to be extremely exhausting and tense to Mr. Rose, thus he would rather not having to go throw this pressure again. Valuing his personal well being, his management Team Brazil does not force him.

Same goes for reunion. On the past years Axl has been managed by liers who only wanted him to reunite with his old pals. Something he has made very clear that he doesn't want. Azzoff is the most obvious case, but I suspect that Doc was fired after setting up a "coincidence bump" of Axl and Duff. Of course things turned out very well on that aspect, but I don't think Axl enjoyed that kind of game - his management doing things without his consent and literally forcing him to be in the same venue as old band members.

Team Brazil, on the other side, they don't pressure Axl to release a new album, and will definetly never try to make him reunite. Axl puts his personal emotional well being ahead of his carreer, and so does Team Brazil, after all, like it or not, they're his family.

It's totally irrelavant if you think Axl's reasons for avoiding making business with the industry or to avoid reuiniting with his old band are ridiculous and pathetic. I'm with Axl on that aspect that this is his life, his personal life, so it's up to him to decide what is good for him or not. It's also totally irrelevant if you don't understand why Axl considers this people his family. Why do you really care? You should be glad he has someone.

Of course I'd rather see a reunion or a new album, specially a new album. On the carreer aspect, Team Brazil is a bad management team. On the personal aspect, I'd say they're one of the best he ever had. Obviously that, as a fan, I'd rather have him on a good carreer, but I understand. That doesn't mean I like it, though...

Edited by ManetsBR

I should be glad he has someone? What?

We just want music. So what if he does or doesn't have a nice and supportive family.

No one wants new music more than I do. All I'm saying is that, the problem is not Team Brazil! Axl himself puts his life ahead of his career. "LIFE GETS IN THE WAY." Team Brazil simply agrees with that. Whenever a manager tried to do something that would bust his career, he fired the guy without thinking twice. Now he got his family to manage him. This is perfect for Axl. The problem is not Beta.

We could fire Team Brazil and get the best management team in the world... In a week they'd be gone and Team Brazil would be back. The problem is Axl. This is the best management he has ever had, he is finally being managed by people that are not going to make him work.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 1

Whatever Axl/ GnR chose to do, be it no music or new music, the fans shouldn't be held hostage, or trapped in limbo, in regard to the happenings of the bands future.

Betas text sounds like an empty threat done only to infuriate the diehards into blaming one another for their own lapses in judgement.

Now that there's no more steady touring, the next thing for them is work on a new album, time will tell if Beta is blowing hot air about new music not coming out because of a thief amongst them. No honor amongst thieves pt 3.

Honestly, I'm not here for Axl's emotional satisfaction, just like he could give a flying fuck about mine. We're here to support the music. That's it. That's the give and take.

They're his managers. They should give a fuck about putting out new music, especially when you consider the next album's done. They don't. That's a problem.

Not only does TB and the immediate entourage enable Axl to continue to live in his bubble without consequences, it's become quite clear that they've climbed in there with him.

This. Absolutely this. I'll go so far as to say there might even have been a Slash/Axl reconciliation (FRIENDSHIP, mind you, not talking about reunion) if Beta wasn't in Axl's ear feeding the beast.

Not only does TB and the immediate entourage enable Axl to continue to live in his bubble without consequences, it's become quite clear that they've climbed in there with him.

This. Absolutely this. I'll go so far as to say there might even have been a Slash/Axl reconciliation (FRIENDSHIP, mind you, not talking about reunion) if Beta wasn't in Axl's ear feeding the beast.

Agreed. We'll never know what would have been if Beta hadn't chased Slash away that night.

Honestly, I'm not here for Axl's emotional satisfaction, just like he could give a flying fuck about mine. We're here to support the music. That's it. That's the give and take.

They're his managers. They should give a fuck about putting out new music, especially when you consider the next album's done. They don't. That's a problem.

One would think that TB would want him to make more music and release it so they can keep cashing their check. Once he stops, its on to the next one for them. Although their short track record doesn't give hope to them being successful with anyone other then GnR.

Agreed.

I think one of the issues the fans have with GNR is that there's expectations.

If Axl flat out said "we have no intention of putting out a new record, we're a touring band or a hiatus band" - then we'd have nothing to be upset about.

With so many songs KNOWN to have been recorded, in the vault, from CD sessions, etc. - there is an inkling that there is music to be heard.

If CD had come out without any talk about the people who played on it and made music, we'd have 14ish tracks and be happy with "everything that new GNR made".

Unfortunately, it's hard not to take it as an insult when our favorite band says "Yeah... about those songs we know you want to hear, you never will" - and THAT is what causes the hoarders to hoard and the leaks to eventually leak. Axl and co., whether they like it or not, help to fuel the rarity of these songs that are ALREADY "circulating".

Whether Axl likes it or not, there are more songs he's recorded that exist outside the vault. If he isn't going to release new music, then someone will step in BECAUSE IT'S THERE! It's only a matter of time. But when it comes to official release, it's not a matter of time, it's a matter of "will or won't Axl?" - which isn't a problem, it's his band and his life, it's his right to release music or not.

We (the die-hard fans) love Axl. We love GNR. Do we really care if the song that comes out is Going Down or Atlas Shrugged? Maybe a little. Will we buy whatever GNR puts out and drool over it? Yes. Does it matter to *us* if the next GNR album sells a million copies? I personally don't care. And therein lies (one of) the problem(s) - we want new music at any/all cost and Axl doesn't operate that way - in fact, few bands do.

This thread gets it right - this isn't a Beta problem, just like it's not a Fink/Buckethead leaving problem. GNR is Axl's world and he runs it the way he wants.

Will we get new music eventually? I think so, because there will be a time where Axl can't tour and more $$$ will come from a new song or two (or 12) than from royalties.

Do I hope with all my heart that Axl will put out a beast of an album within the next 2 years? - fuck yeah I do.

Does Axl owe us *anything*? - nope, not at all

Hmmmmmm if Axl was a painter or did scultures.. And was world renowned for his art work....does that mean by your logic that it is more than ok to break into his studio and steal them ...especially when he has like 20- 30 pieces that hes been working on but just hasnt shown them to the world?

Good post though, I dig your sentiment.

Hmmmmmm if Axl was a painter or did scultures.. And was world renowned for his art work....does that mean by your logic that it is more than ok to break into his studio and steal them ...especially when he has like 20- 30 pieces that hes been working on but just hasnt shown them to the world?

Good comparison. And no, I don't think that's ok.

But what if copies of those paintings existed. And some people had them. And people talked about how awesome they were. And someone had 11 of them. And then 4 of them were put on the internet so that we all could print copies and hang them on the wall - just WAITING to replace them with the real thing as soon as it went on sale, if it ever did.

Truthfully, I've said it before - I love having demos of songs and collecting them, but I would prefer the demos leak AFTER the songs are released. If no other songs are ever going to be released... then I'm pretty lucky to have a copy of the unreleased painting on my wall.

I just see it like being the asshole who takes video of street performers but when the tip jar goes around they haul ass out of there, or an artist that has a big sign that says "no photography", but you REALLY think that the painting would be awesome to have up on your laptop, so you try to take a photo of the painting when they're not looking. I pretty much agree with what you're saying as far as making copies and hearing the demos after the song's finished.

I think Axl was more pissed when people were selling shitty quality bootlegs than he would be about the stuff that got leaked, but he'd have to answer that one at some point.

Good comparison. And no, I don't think that's ok.

But what if copies of those paintings existed. And some people had them. And people talked about how awesome they were. And someone had 11 of them. And then 4 of them were put on the internet so that we all could print copies and hang them on the wall - just WAITING to replace them with the real thing as soon as it went on sale, if it ever did.

Truthfully, I've said it before - I love having demos of songs and collecting them, but I would prefer the demos leak AFTER the songs are released. If no other songs are ever going to be released... then I'm pretty lucky to have a copy of the unreleased painting on my wall.

Well said.

Let's take a look at Team Brazil's only client:

axl.jpg

W. Axl Rose, a 52 years old rockstar who values his privacy more than anything and who puts his emotional well-being in front of his carreer. Mr. Rose is known for having a hard time getting in good terms with the music industry and for not wanting to reunite with his former band colleagues.

These are things that would certainly bust Axl's carreer:

- Release a new album.

And this is something that would jet his carreer to the stratosphere:

- Old Guns N' Roses Reunion.

Thing is: the process of putting a new album out has been proved to be extremely exhausting and tense to Mr. Rose, thus he would rather not having to go throw this pressure again. Valuing his personal well being, his management Team Brazil does not force him.

Same goes for reunion. On the past years Axl has been managed by liers who only wanted him to reunite with his old pals. Something he has made very clear that he doesn't want. Azzoff is the most obvious case, but I suspect that Doc was fired after setting up a "coincidence bump" of Axl and Duff. Of course things turned out very well on that aspect, but I don't think Axl enjoyed that kind of game - his management doing things without his consent and literally forcing him to be in the same venue as old band members.

Team Brazil, on the other side, they don't pressure Axl to release a new album, and will definetly never try to make him reunite. Axl puts his personal emotional well being ahead of his carreer, and so does Team Brazil, after all, like it or not, they're his family.

It's totally irrelavant if you think Axl's reasons for avoiding making business with the industry or to avoid reuiniting with his old band are ridiculous and pathetic. I'm with Axl on that aspect that this is his life, his personal life, so it's up to him to decide what is good for him or not. It's also totally irrelevant if you don't understand why Axl considers this people his family. Why do you really care? You should be glad he has someone.

Of course I'd rather see a reunion or a new album, specially a new album. On the carreer aspect, Team Brazil is a bad management team. On the personal aspect, I'd say they're one of the best he ever had. Obviously that, as a fan, I'd rather have him on a good carreer, but I understand. That doesn't mean I like it, though...

Interesting post but dude, SPELL CHECK! :)