What valuable lessons can we take from Axl Rose?

My post was meant in general, not addressed to you.

"With fans like you guys, who needs enemies?

You think you can demand new music and be abusive?

Well that's not up to fans! Start your own fkn band if you want control."

I'm quite sure Axl has a life outside his public persona, too.

The essence of my post was to convey how anger, spite, egoism, hate and a lack of gratitude can destroy a meaningful life and rob one of so many opportunities, especially someone talented.

Edited by Screamin' Demon

no matter what our opinion of Axl's methods, he's achieved more than any of us ever will.

He has worked hard for what he got. He propelled his band into the stratosphere.

He is the MVP of that band if you had to pick.

I have long heard that he is humble and down to earth.

My post was meant in general, not addressed to you.

"With fans like you guys, who needs enemies?

You think you can demand new music and be abusive?

Well that's not up to fans! Start your own fkn band if you want control."

I'm quite sure Axl has a life outside his public persona, too.

The essence of my post was to convey how anger, spite, egoism, hate and a lack of gratitude can destroy a meaningful life and rob one of so many opportunities, especially someone talented.

I don't think this applies to Axl. I think the media has won this one if

people believe he is two-dimensional.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a nostalgia Vegas act.

Vegas act? The Joint is an award winning rock venue. McCartney played there.

no matter what our opinion of Axl's methods, he's achieved more than any of us ever will.

Not to sound like the antichrist himself (Obama) but:

"From each according to his ability"

But yeah, Axl has accomplished a lot more than most.

The way GnR went out was sorta fitting though, there are

plenty of bands that just hang around and make one mediocre

album after another. And while for fans that's good and everything,

it can sorta diminish what they did by swamping a solid discography

with garbage. Granted, you could argue that continuing to tour with

the GnR name is the same thing but eventually no one's going to

remember / care about the post-prime live stuff.

Healthy Lifestyle and Happy wasting time is not wasted.

Live Concert is purely meant for B2B2C and not for an online audiences.
Audiences paid the tickets. Revenue shares to GNR, Producers, Venue, Organizers, Brokers, Advertisers, Sponsors.

Make those live shows experiences to remember, regardless of performing new or classic songs.

Hope for the best but expect the worst.

Edit: The people attending the concert obviously had a great time and that is what matters.

Edited by axlrod

True they probably weren't ever going to be that important again. In a way, the feud and all that made CD much more interesting than what they could have done if they carried on. They could have done a Stones type mid-carrer slump before they did a reunion. what Axl has done is unprecedented and it's hard to figure out why etc., so that's interesting and frustrating, creates some tension and energy which is probably more interesting than what they would have done. Grind through tours, putting out samey albums that nobody really cares about. There's something comforting about the Stones or ACDC though, a togetherness. Axl is a very polarizing figure. I'm not sure if that is the key to his success. Or if it's just the music over the bullshit. Like you can do anything as long as the music is great.

Edited by wasted

True they probably weren't ever going to be that important again. In a way, the feud and all that made CD much more interesting than what they could have done if they carried on. They could have done a Stones type mid-carrer slump before they did a reunion. what Axl has done is unprecedented and it's hard to figure out why etc., so that's interesting and frustrating, creates some tension and energy which is probably more interesting than what they would have done. Grind through tours, putting out samey albums that nobody really cares about. There's something comforting about the Stones or ACDC though, a togetherness. Axl is a very polarizing figure. I'm not sure if that is the key to his success. Or if it's just the music over the bullshit. Like you can do anything as long as the music is great.

I wouldn't call Keith and Mick brothers--they are business partners. I thought Keith's bio makes that clear.

The Young brothers are a dictatorship to the point that they almost kicked Bon Scott out before he passed.

And Kurt Cobain was hating Grohl along the way, about to do a Jim Morrison on his own band!!

http://loudwire.com/kurt-cobain-nearly-banned-dave-grohl-nirvana-unplugged-concert/

And what about the members of Aerosmith vs. Tyler?!!

And the bands that travel separately on tour because they can't stand each other? (Brian Ferry?)

Axl keep the door open for Slash until 2002. Slash did not like Axl's direction. He had wanted

to play small clubs and attract a different fan base? Too late, the dice were already rolled.

They both had their points but I don't see why they should have forced a connection.

Slash said it best when he said he left at a good time.

The reason all those bands do it is for the money, fame,fans. And maybe they don't hate each other that much. Why wouldn't Slash or Izzy do that?

Also GNR sold as many records as Zepp did in whole career by 94? And sort of almost killed themselves.

It's just I can't think of a band that could sack everyone and continue with just the singer. Other than Simply Red.

The reason all those bands do it is for the money, fame,fans. And maybe they don't hate each other that much. Why wouldn't Slash or Izzy do that?

Also GNR sold as many records as Zepp did in whole career by 94? And sort of almost killed themselves.

It's just I can't think of a band that could sack everyone and continue with just the singer. Other than Simply Red.

Maybe it's a red head thing?

Maybe it's a red head thing?

They also both made their best albums after they sacked everyone, then went into fine cuisine.

In France we have Indochine who did it quite successfully. The singer's brother, who was the guitarist, died. The other left.

Not that I actually care about them.

Ca reste l'exemple typique du groupe qui se ridiculise en permanence et qui se prostitue musicalement. Leur virage musique emo entamé en 2003 c'est un sacré gâchis...

/hs