Another coffee thread.

arnold layne

How many cups of coffee a day do you drink?

Usually one or two, if I'm studying all day that can go up to five

Light roast or dark roast?
Dark roast

Cream or sugar? Booze?
Just a little milk, although when I was in Malta I enjoyed strong coffee with Kahlua and cream

Drip coffee? Percolator?
Neither, french press is where it's at ;) Percolator when I'm in the mood for espresso (and am at my boyfriend's as I don't have one :P )

How many cups of coffee a day do you drink?

Usually one or two, if I'm studying all day that can go up to five

How does that work? I never understood how people can associate caffeine with study and work.

I suppose for mindless work, yes that would work for me. If I want to think though, caffeine doesn't seem to be best option.

Adderall on the other hand...

People take coffee seriously these days. If I am not boozing, I would rather have a cup of tea or a glass of water to be honest. Expresso, Latte, mocha, capucinno - all these terms for what is essentially a cup of coffee. Load of bollocks. Real Englishmen drink tea anyhow. It is how the empire was built, whereas the yanks chucked all theirs in Boston harbour because they prefer coffee.

Guest Len B'stard

One thing that annoys me in England is the lack of convenience, every other country and people are posting these massive pics of glass bottles full of this frappy-cappy-cheeny shit and you get the feeling it's like, readily available in every other store, like the convenience in the rest of the world, if you need some shit to do some job America will have some shit to do it clean and easy. Like for instance I was trying to hang a punchbag off a tree one time and there is NOTHING in England in Homebase or anywhere convenient that has some shit that did that job...did in America though, in some shop called Home Depot, which i assume is their Homebase, probably owned by the same motherfuckers.

Point being, go into your average cornershop or even Tesco Express, which people round here act like is some kinda blessing cuz it has shit your average smelly coronershop ain't but even their range ain't shit, it's just we're used to worse than 'ain't shit', like throwing a starving man a packet of crisps, don't amount to much but a starving mans gonna be grateful.

Nothings fucking convenient here, everythings a fuckin' hassle, there ain't no fuckin' like....onus on providing a good service.

People take coffee seriously these days. If I am not boozing, I would rather have a cup of tea or a glass of water to be honest. Expresso, Latte, mocha, capucinno - all these terms for what is essentially a cup of coffee. Load of bollocks. Real Englishmen drink tea anyhow. It is how the empire was built, whereas the yanks chucked all theirs in Boston harbour because they prefer coffee.

THERE'S ONLY ONE DIESEL DAISY

ONE DIESEL DAISY

WALKIN' ALONG

SINGIN' A SONG

WALKIN' IN A DIESEY WONDERLAND!

Every so often you remind me of why your one of my favourite posters, well done sir, agreed to the last letter :)

Guest Len B'stard

Places aren't as convenient as you'd think in the USA. If you don't have a car (in most areas), you're screwed.

Yeah i heard that actually but i get the feeling, correct me if i'm wrong but you lot don't reckon much of walking? I can hack a couple of mlles walk and that, especially for the range of shit I'm led to believe yanks have when you get there.

Yes, most aren't accustomed to walking.

I think it's a generational thing over here. A lot of the older folks tend to walk more than the younger ones. Somewhere in the 80's and 90's, I think, is when people started believing walking is a chore. It's somewhat of a shame.

A lot of it is personal preference, and I am generalizing too, but people will drive everywhere.

Today I walked two miles to get a haircut. I could have drove my ass to get one easily, but I figured I may as well walk off the food I ate the night before. Walking is also therapeutic for me as well. It's less time I will be drinking I suppose.

Places aren't as convenient as you'd think in the USA. If you don't have a car (in most areas), you're screwed.

Yeah i heard that actually but i get the feeling, correct me if i'm wrong but you lot don't reckon much of walking? I can hack a couple of mlles walk and that, especially for the range of shit I'm led to believe yanks have when you get there.

You have to read Bill Bryson's book. He is totally anglicised yank but moved back to the states for awhile with his (English) family. He says his neighbours looked at him like he was an alien when he walked to the shops. They would stop and say, ''want a lift Bill?'' and could not grasp the concept that he, wanted to walk. He says, it is common to see someone in America pull up at a shop; get out; buy some stuff; come out; get in the car; drive to the store next door; and repeat the process!

Still, they drive when they are 10 years old out there. You drive when you are ten but cannot drink until they are 30 haha

Guest Len B'stard

Yes, most aren't accustomed to walking.

I think it's a generational thing over here. A lot of the older folks tend to walk more than the younger ones. Somewhere in the 80's and 90's, I think, is when people started believing walking is a chore. It's somewhat of a shame.

A lot of it is personal preference, and I am generalizing too, but people will drive everywhere.

Today I walked two miles to get a haircut. I could have drove my ass to get one easily, but I figured I may as well walk off the food I ate the night before. Walking is also therapeutic for me as well. It's less time I will be drinking I suppose.

I walk two miles to work each day...coming and going. Takes about 20 mins. Americas spaced out as fuck though I guess. But i don't think of it in distance i think of time it takes...like you can look at that shit and go 'damn, i'm gonna walk for 2 miles?!?!' but if you look at it like a 20 minute walk it's cool.

Also, some of the cities are not very pedestrian friendly. I have heard LA is a bit of a nightmare if you do not drive. The cities are literally designed for cars. Some of our areas are becoming like that also. There is this Toys R' Us in Gateshead and it is literally impossible to access without a car: walking to it would entail, crossing this crazy motorway.

Guest Len B'stard

Im 6'4 so i guess I have longer legs and plus I always got my music on when i'm walking and you kinda shift when it's like that. Also Englands cold, if you live in America it's probably hot all the time so you can't really shift like that.

Im 6'4 so i guess I have longer legs and plus I always got my music on when i'm walking and you kinda shift when it's like that. Also Englands cold, if you live in America it's probably hot all the time so you can't really shift like that.

I see you walking, Len:

prancercise.gif

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

If i didn't walk like that I wouldn't be able to like....have ever had any kind of life. When i was younger it was common to like, walk. But I never knew what it was in miles, i just googled it now, it was 2 and a half miles...for me it was just a 20 to 25 minute walk down the main drag into town.

I see you walking, Len:

prancercise.gif

I do the worlds best imitation of Rik Mayalls run that he does as Richie in Bottom, his bitch run :lol: I'm only sad you ain't here for me to show it to you, as the actor wrote in the postcard to his Dad.