Another coffee thread.

arnold layne

Why don't these people drink the coffee in their house, work or in the shop they have bought it rather than walking around town like a posey dickhead? Anyhow, Brits should drink tea. It is what the empire was built on. Leave coffee to the australians and yanks.

I guess it's part of their morning routine. I always pick up a tea from the Costa in the train station on a morning. I'll drink it on the train while I read my book on the way to work. All very civilised and that. :)

Why don't these people drink the coffee in their house, work or in the shop they have bought it rather than walking around town like a posey dickhead? Anyhow, Brits should drink tea. It is what the empire was built on. Leave coffee to the australians and yanks.

I guess it's part of their morning routine. I always pick up a tea from the Costa in the train station on a morning. I'll drink it on the train while I read my book on the way to work. All very civilised and that. :)

You've changed man.

You've changed man.
Well there's a little less room for mischief when you're working a 12 hour day five days a week. :lol: Up at 6am and don't get home until 7pm every day so getting leathered on a school night just isn't possible anymore. :) Edited by Dazey

Reading your book? :lol:

Give me a fucking break! I reckon you're browsing the forum, not reading some book. :P

Give me a fucking break! I reckon you're browsing the forum, not reading some book. :P

Well that's where you'd be wrong deary! :lol: I've not read a lot regularly in ages so I've made a point recently of putting the phone away and reading for the half hour or so it takes me to get too and from work every day. It's time that I'd otherwise waste and I can get through a reasonable sized book in a week like that. :)
  • Like 1

Well that's where you'd be wrong deary! :lol: I've not read a lot regularly in ages so I've made a point recently of putting the phone away and reading for the half hour or so it takes me to get too and from work every day. It's time that I'd otherwise waste and I can get through a reasonable sized book in a week like that. :)

I'm like that too, always got half hour or so to kill before work so started reading a book in that time.

Guest Len B'stard

You've changed man.

Bear in mind he has to have one shoe off to turn the pages :lol: No wonder the only person that can hack being in the same carriage with him is Purple Aki, with his stankin' ass northern cheddar feet :lol:

Reading your book?

Give me a fucking break! I reckon you're browsing the forum, not reading some book.

Well that's where you'd be wrong deary! I've not read a lot regularly in ages so I've made a point recently of putting the phone away and reading for the half hour or so it takes me to get too and from work every day. It's time that I'd otherwise waste and I can get through a reasonable sized book in a week like that.

Why, worried you'll forget how you stout drinking Northern bollock? :lol:

Up at 6am and don't get home until 7pm every day so getting leathered on a school night just isn't possible anymore. :)

Whassamatter, can't you hack it you big fuckin' tart? :lol: Mmmmm, i've got a hangoverrrr, what are you, a man or a mouse?!?! :lol: Man who quits drinking cuz he can't take the hangovers should be tied naked to a clock tower overlooking a pub and left to starve!

What book you reading then, Meg and Mog? Mr Majeeka? :lol: Whoose that behind the door? IT'S SPOT THE DOG, ARF ARF! Go on McLeod, say arf, say ittttt :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Oh right, so you're back to back to posting on work hours. ;)

Oh, and I've been getting up at 6 and getting home anywhere between 6:30 and 8:30 for years now (depending what day of the week it is). Actually a few years ago i was getting up between 3:30 and 5:30. Now I get a luxury sleep in. Wanna have another whinge? :lol:

All coffee is the same. It is just stuff you drink to keep you awake. All these terms - Latte, Capucino, Espresso - are just stupid words for what is a very simple thing: a cup of coffee. I think people pose with coffee because they want to look like a character from Friends, with a trendy little urban lifestyle: ''look at me and my gigantic coffee. i am a cock''. Bollocks.

I do believe you have been to Italy. Did you learn NOTHING while you were there??????????

I think you'd better book another trip and let the Italians teach you a thing or two about beverages. :P

When I was in Italy I drank booze (Wine with meal; Italian beer - Peroni etc - at other times). Why would I want a cup of foamy caffine when I can drink booze (understand I was on holiday)? At breakfast I drank 'English breakfast tea' (which the hotel had been splendid enough about getting for the English people). It is rather funny because there was a party of yanks in the hotel and they were all drinking coffee whereas all the Brits were drinking tea.

About Italians and coffee. Am I correct in assuming that most of these absurd coffee types were invented in America. The Italians have the capucinno, yes, but 'Americano'? In essence, the modern coffee culture is, an American culture.

I will let you off because it is tea.

I take a flask of tea to the cricket. That serves me up until evening's play which is when I start hitting the booze.

All coffee is the same. It is just stuff you drink to keep you awake. All these terms - Latte, Capucino, Espresso - are just stupid words for what is a very simple thing: a cup of coffee. I think people pose with coffee because they want to look like a character from Friends, with a trendy little urban lifestyle: ''look at me and my gigantic coffee. i am a cock''. Bollocks.

I do believe you have been to Italy. Did you learn NOTHING while you were there??????????

I think you'd better book another trip and let the Italians teach you a thing or two about beverages. :P

When I was in Italy I drank booze (Wine with meal; Italian beer - Peroni etc - at other times). Why would I want a cup of foamy caffine when I can drink booze (understand I was on holiday)? At breakfast I drank 'English breakfast tea' (which the hotel had been splendid enough about getting for the English people). It is rather funny because there was a party of yanks in the hotel and they were all drinking coffee whereas all the Brits were drinking tea.

About Italians and coffee. Am I correct in assuming that most of these absurd coffee types were invented in America. The Italians have the capucinno, yes, but 'Americano'? In essence, the modern coffee culture is, an American culture.

What the fuck is an Americano? Here in Australia we have Cafe Latte, Cappuccino, Espresso, Macchiato, Ristretto (for the very fussy), Doppio Espresso (for the hardcore caffeine addict) and Flat White (don't know what the Italian is for that, we just use English :lol:). I also drink tea, but coffee for me is the breakfast beverage. Tea is for morning or afternoon. Wine is for lunch/evening. After dinner the Italians will drink a macchiato or espresso (never cafe latte or capuccino), but they believe it 'rounds off' a meal properly. They will then drink more wine if they want. But coffee is inclusive, not an alternative.

Do you actually get a caffeine buzz still, Red? Like I said 4 doubles (or doppio, if you prefer) just does nothing for me anymore.

Yes, I do. But I'm really sensitive to caffeine. Always have been. I can't actually drink a cup of tea past 4 in the afternoon on a weekday or I won't be able to sleep properly at 10 or 11 at night. I have 2 coffees a day, one in the car on my way to work and the other around 10am at work, and after my second I'm feeling pretty buzzed. :awesomeface:

• 4 months later...

McDonalds coffee actually. Starbucks seems like a rip off. Have a couple of shots of expressos in morning. Then switch to red bull by lunch time. Couple canned lattes. I like a big drip coffee made with ground expresso. One French coffee in Paris keeps you buzzing TIL mid afternoon.

I fell asleep standing on the train on the way home after 7 single shots of espresso today. I really need to try coke during work hours. :lol:

Thats ain't fuckin' tiredness thats narcolepsy, go to the doctors before you start an underground fight club and attempt to bring about a total collapse of the corporate power-structure by way of a series of terrorist attacks.

Edited by Lennie Godber