Vince Neil of Motley Crue's reaction to Axl being named Greatest Singer-"#LOL"

One thing Vince has got everyone beat on is doing the least amount of work possible live. The dude sings every other line to his own songs and those lines he does sing rarely even sound that great

I agree Axl might not be the greatest, but taking that from Vince Neil...

I'm a big Crue fan, but that guys SUXXXX nowadays.

He never sings the lines entirely, he's constantly out of breath, bloated as hell, and his voice sounds every year more and more like a duck.

Okay, Vince Neil has never been what you'd call a great singer, but in the 80's he was good.

Now he stinks. I told you I've seen Motley Crue 3 times and each time Vince gets more lazy and the crowd does most of the singing. Unless things have changed, I will be singing a lot again in July when I see them again.

Vince and Axl have always hated each other so Vince cannot be objective when it comes to Axl Rose.

but then again, who gives a shit what Vince thinks?

Okay, Vince Neil has never been what you'd call a great singer, but in the 80's he was good.

Now he stinks. I told you I've seen Motley Crue 3 times and each time Vince gets more lazy and the crowd does most of the singing. Unless things have changed, I will be singing a lot again in July when I see them again.

Vince and Axl have always hated each other so Vince cannot be objective when it comes to Axl Rose.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. You don't know that. Just because you got in a beef with somebody 25 years ago doesn't mean you can't be objective about them. EVEN AXL himself said he didn't think he was the greatest singer of all time. And the list was revised to show that Axl DIDN'T have the most range of anybody - so Vince was actually correct.

4. You care, as you commented about it. Vince is a very popular singer who was around in Axl's hey day and who is still making a living in the music business. Why wouldn't rock fans want to hear his opinion on rock singers? If Axl commented on another singer would you say the same thing? "Who gives a shit what Axl thinks?"

And LOL. So if you aren't a great live singer, then you don't have the write to share your opinions on your OWN facebook page about other singers? You guys and your Axl worship and Axl double standards are pretty funny. Like I said earlier. Vince isn't worshipping Axl's every move, so we MUST insult him at all costs.

Even in Axl's tweet,he said from his knowledge it was based on professionally recorded stuff. So does that mean that even Axl has recognized that he isn't the greatest singer in a live setting anymore?

Was in his letter to SPIN

"From what I could tell, the original article was for the most part only talking about the professionally recorded vocal range of the singers they compared calling the entire group "The World's Greatest Singers." It's very flattering and humbling to be included in such an illustrious ensemble."-Axl Rose

Edited by SweetRose

for someone who sounds like a squealing cat (on a good day) while wearing lip stick, hair spray and spandex with fruity colors really doesnt have much room to laugh at anybody.

Edited by bran

I'm not jumping in this to defend Axl, but to be fair, Vince and Motley have always been threatend/envious of Guns and Axl. Before someone jumps in to defend Motley, here me out. Motley likes to "claim" they were the kings of LA at one point, but unfortunatly that is completly false. Van Halen were the TRUE kings of not only LA, but the rock scene in general from 1978-1985. Then when Dave left VH, Motley had a chance to take the crown, and they almost did with Home Sweet Home. But the problem was that album, except for HSH and Smoking in the boys room (A Cover song) that whole album was a fucking turd. Had the rest of that album of been half way decent, they probably would have become the new kings of rock and roll, but they blew it, that was their chance. So they went back in the studio to try and do something really good to earn that place on top of the mountain, but at the same time Bon Jovi was blowing up (so Motley never had a chance imo). But then when they were finally ready to release their next great album, "Girls Girls Girls" but what ended up happening? Guns n' Roses came along and blew everyone away with Appetite. Gnr then went on to not only become the top dogs of LA, but the whole damn country, and even arguably the world. Vince could compete with DLR vocally (not as a showman or entertainer) but perhaps vocally, but not Axl. Axl was on a whole different level than Vince, and Vince knew it. So basically Motley has always been just 2nd best their entire career. You can't tell me that didn't result in some animosity or jealousy, because I'm sure it did. Then when you factor in all the public problems between Axl and Vince, it's clear that those old wounds are still very fresh. Plus Vince likes to take veiled potshots at Axl semifrequently. He took one when he was interviewed by That Metal Show a couple of years ago. He has been in Axl's shadow for a long damn time, it clearly bothers him.

So to summerize, when I see Vince saying something like that, he is CLEARLY being jealous. Which I understand, and am not judging him based upon it. Motley Crue and Vince Neil have always been playing second fiddle to other bands for a long time, it's hard always finishing as runner up to other people....

• Like 3

I'm not jumping in this to defend Axl, but to be fair, Vince and Motley have always been threatend/envious of Guns and Axl. Before someone jumps in to defend Motley, here me out. Motley likes to "claim" they were the kings of LA at one point, but unfortunatly that is completly false. Van Halen were the TRUE kings of not only LA, but the rock scene in general from 1978-1985. Then when Dave left VH, Motley had a chance to take the crown, and they almost did with Home Sweet Home. But the problem was that album, except for HSH and Smoking in the boys room (A Cover song) that whole album was a fucking turd. Had the rest of that album of been half way decent, they probably would have become the new kings of rock and roll, but they blew it, that was their chance. So they went back in the studio to try and do something really good to earn that place on top of the mountain, but at the same time Bon Jovi was blowing up (so Motley never had a chance imo). But then when they were finally ready to release their next great album, "Girls Girls Girls" but what ended up happening? Guns n' Roses came along and blew everyone away with Appetite. Gnr then went on to not only become the top dogs of LA, but the whole damn country, and even arguably the world. Vince could compete with DLR vocally (not as a showman or entertainer) but perhaps vocally, but not Axl. Axl was on a whole different level than Vince, and Vince knew it. So basically Motley has always been just 2nd best their entire career. You can't tell me that didn't result in some animosity or jealousy, because I'm sure it did. Then when you factor in all the public problems between Axl and Vince, it's clear that those old wounds are still very fresh. Plus Vince likes to take veiled potshots at Axl semifrequently. He took one when he was interviewed by That Metal Show a couple of years ago. He has been in Axl's shadow for a long damn time, it clearly bothers him.

So to summerize, when I see Vince saying something like that, he is CLEARLY being jealous. Which I understand, and am not judging him based upon it. Motley Crue and Vince Neil have always been playing second fiddle to other bands for a long time, it's hard always finishing as runner up to other people....

You made some very good points.

Asshole, LOL

This is what original said: "They just said that Axl Rose is the greatest singer of all time? Do you agree with that? If not, who do you think?"

Guess he decided to be a jerk later and add the LOL.... Funny that he had a "good person" moment when he originally wrote the status :P

Vince Neil is a nobody vocal wise compared to Axl (both of them are pretty bad now)

John Corabi is a 10 times better singer than him, though

Another singer doesn't think that Axl is the greatest singer in the history of music.........MUST insult that singer, because how dare anybody NOT worship Axl Rose!!!

Sorry man, i like old Crüe records, but Vince voice is always a weak part of that band.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. You don't know that. Just because you got in a beef with somebody 25 years ago doesn't mean you can't be objective about them. EVEN AXL himself said he didn't think he was the greatest singer of all time. And the list was revised to show that Axl DIDN'T have the most range of anybody - so Vince was actually correct.

4. You care, as you commented about it. Vince is a very popular singer who was around in Axl's hey day and who is still making a living in the music business. Why wouldn't rock fans want to hear his opinion on rock singers? If Axl commented on another singer would you say the same thing? "Who gives a shit what Axl thinks?"

And LOL. So if you aren't a great live singer, then you don't have the write to share your opinions on your OWN facebook page about other singers? You guys and your Axl worship and Axl double standards are pretty funny. Like I said earlier. Vince isn't worshipping Axl's every move, so we MUST insult him at all costs.

Oh c'mon

This has nothing to do with Axl worship

Axl is better than Vince (yes, even today maybe but just al ittle bit. Axl at least try to sing himself rather than let the crowd do HIS job)

So Vince opinion doesn't really matter, especially when he put a LOL hashtag

LOL is more likely describe his career now. Even worse than Axl now

It's a shame that Mötley Crüe ended like this (without a new album, same setlist every night etc.)

MC is the typical example what we have now with GNR if a reunion happens now and they doesn't write a new record

Edited by Crash Diet

1. Yes

2. Yes

Oh c'mon

This has nothing to do with Axl worship

Axl is better than Vince (yes, even today maybe but just al ittle bit. Axl at least try to sing himself rather than let the crowd do HIS job)

So Vince opinion doesn't really matter, especially when he put a LOL hashtag

LOL is more likely describe his career now. Even worse than Axl now

It's a shame that Mötley Crüe ended like this (without a new album, same setlist every night etc.)

MC is the typical example what we have now with GNR if a reunion happens now and they doesn't write a new record

Seriously?

Because Vince isn't as good of a singer as Axl, that means his opinion isn't relevant?

You people are hilarious.

Again, it's funny to watch people bash another artist just because they said something negative about Axl. OOOOhhhh, Vince doesn't think Axl is the greatest singer of all time.....MUST BASH VINCE, MUST BASH HIS CAREER, MUST BASH EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM.

Again, go read the comments sections on any of the popular websites that published the story. Including DJ's own facebook page. There you will get to see what the general non-diehard fan thinks of the story. But I guess those people don't matter, because they can't sing.

Axl Rose has been my favorite singer since 1988. I'll take him over any rock singer alive. But to insult people who don't share my love of him as a singer??? That's just idiotic and makes people look foolish.

Seriously?

Because Vince isn't as good of a singer as Axl, that means his opinion isn't relevant?

I don't think you get the point. Of course everyone with ears are allowed to criticise any singer they want to. I can do that, you can do that, Vince Meal can do that. But when you are known for being really bad at singing yourself, like Vince has become, and your criticism comes out like contemptuous bashing of someone vastly better than you and someone you have a well-known beef with, then the irony is just too overwhelming to not enjoy.

If Vince had stated in a more diplomatic manner that he disagreed with the list, I don't think people would make fun of him. A little humility goes a long way, especially in the tricky art of criticism.

Edited by SoulMonster

It IS kind of interesting that two different members of Motley - Nikki and Vince - have found it amusing to take potshots at Axl over the past few years. What exactly is the point? Trying to garner some publicity? Trying to goad Axl into saying something back and starting another media war? Of course Nikki slams a lot of people, so Axl/GnR are just one target of many, but at some point I have to wonder why these comments seem to keep creeping up. As the old saying goes, if you have to publicly insult someone who isn't doing or saying a thing to hurt you, it says more about YOU and your character than about the person you're targeting...

Axl used to be great and one of the best, but LOL is pretty good description of his current voice. Who's Vince Neil by the way?

You'd be loving him and be saying how much you love Motley Crue if Vince had really positive words to say.

Axl used to be great and one of the best, but LOL is pretty good description of his current voice. Who's Vince Neil by the way?

You'd be loving him and be saying how much you love Motley Crue if Vince had really positive words to say.

LOL, you are new here, aren't you? Or being sarcastic? I hope so :)

If not, check my posts.

Seriously?

I don't think you get the point. Of course everyone with ears are allowed to criticise any singer they want to. I can do that, you can do that, Vince Meal can do that. But when you are known for being really bad at singing yourself, like Vince has become, and your criticism comes out like contemptuous bashing of someone vastly better than you and someone you have a well-known beef with, then the irony is just too overwhelming to not enjoy.

If Vince had stated in a more diplomatic manner that he disagreed with the list, I don't think people would make fun of him. A little humility goes a long way, especially in the tricky art of criticism.

Oh I get it. Why post it at all?

I just think it's funny the way people on here bash anybody that says something negative about Axl Rose. The things people are saying on here about Vince are way worse than what Vince said about Axl. And it's not like he said he was a better singer than Axl, and he didn't say that Axl wasn't a great singer. He just laughed at the notion that Axl was the greatest singer of all time. Which even Axl would tell you isn't the case.

People on here love it when Axl speaks out and rips people. But if anybody in the public eye says something negative about Axl........fans on here apply a different standard to those people than they do to Axl. That's what I think is silly.

And when did everybody become so sensitive? Vince Neill says "lol" about something and people get seriously offended by it? Neill isn't the one who is butthurt (there, I used it)..........people on this forum are the only ones butthurt. By a "lol" on a facebook page. That's enough to get people angry?

A washed up rocker says "lol" on a facebook page.......come on people, it isn't that big of a deal.

Vince, Tommy, and Mick were done with Motley a long time ago. Didn't Vince say he's just collecting a check?

Mick has terrible health issues. If he couldn't go at some point during this farewell tour I wouldn't be surprised if Dj Ashba got the call to fill-in.

Seriously?

Oh I get it. Why post it at all?

I just think it's funny the way people on here bash anybody that says something negative about Axl Rose. The things people are saying on here about Vince are way worse than what Vince said about Axl. And it's not like he said he was a better singer than Axl, and he didn't say that Axl wasn't a great singer. He just laughed at the notion that Axl was the greatest singer of all time. Which even Axl would tell you isn't the case.

People on here love it when Axl speaks out and rips people. But if anybody in the public eye says something negative about Axl........fans on here apply a different standard to those people than they do to Axl. That's what I think is silly.

And when did everybody become so sensitive? Vince Neill says "lol" about something and people get seriously offended by it? Neill isn't the one who is butthurt (there, I used it)..........people on this forum are the only ones butthurt. By a "lol" on a facebook page. That's enough to get people angry?

A washed up rocker says "lol" on a facebook page.......come on people, it isn't that big of a deal.

If Axl were to go, "Patton, the greatest singer of all time? *LOL*" then I think people would bash Axl, too, fairly. Not because they were "angry", "offended" or thought it was a "big deal", but because that what we like to do, laughing and commenting on people making asses of themselves. If anyone here is making a big deal out of anything, it is you and your continuous outrage over people having a go at Vince when he makes a fool of himself and trying to force this into your crusade against "Axl worshippers".

• Like 1