The General Consensus of Mygnr: Poll - Do you think Ron will leave GnR after Vegas?

Guest Gunns

Public Poll: Do you think Ron will leave GnR after Vegas?   

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gunns

Just a public poll we can see who will be right and wrong in their guess to see if Ron will be leaving after Vegas.

Let's see what the general consensus is here amongst the fanbase, even if they're 'guesses'....

Voting for the poll will close before the start of the final Vegas concert (in case any insinuations/goodbyes etc about Ron leaving are made during the concert)

Edited by Gunns

I do not believe it at all. I have my reasons, but I really don't feel it's my place to discuss them.

Great to hear. If there's one reason I want him to stay, it's because there's already a group foaming at the mouth waiting to make their celebration threads if/when it's made official. I want them to be denied that so badly.

• Like 1

i give it a 50/50 shot. i go back and forth if he will or wont. i dont want to see him go, i like bumble a lot as a guitar player and a potential(if it ever happens) songwriter.

I doubt it. It's the same old shit with Ron. He's probably complaining about his back pain, the band not working towards any new music, this and that, "poor me" as always, but he knows damn well this is about as good of a gig as he'll ever get and he's crazy to walk away from it. So he'll complain, people within the camp will talk, and nothing will actually happen because it's Ron.

I hope he does though. His interaction with the fans is great but I've always felt he's really out of place in GNR. At least Buckethead was able to contribute melody in the context of composition as a virtuoso, like an actual lead guitar player, everything Ron does in that regard sounds kinda forced and his full out shredding is just boring as fuck imo. Really I think he fits into this band as a rhythm guitarist way more than he does as a lead guitarist and even then he's very replaceable. Other than being really cool with fans at shows and online... I've never been able to understand why hes so adored. Sure, he plays old Guns N' Roses songs very well... that's like getting really excited about Steve Vai or Paul Gilbert playing Lynyrd Skynyrd or Motley Crue songs or some shit... is it really that exciting? I guess you could argue it is since he's doing it alongside that cartoon character piece of shit DJ Ashba who does it so poorly, it's like "man, Ron rules, he doesn't suck like Ashba, he's really important to the band!"

I dunno, usually when I'm all hyped up about a guitarist in a band it has to do with what he/she brings to the unit. With Ron I just don't see it, and a huge part of that is because GNR hasn't actually put out any material that he had a full hand in writing and he's never been given a chance to reach his full potential as a member of the band. It isn't his fault, but it is what it is, and his importance to what this band does just isn't a whole lot at all. There's thousands of guitarists who can do the same shit, so why does it matter if he leaves?

I guess I'm just really not very impressed in a professional guitarists ability to cover another guys music well. If Ron leaves I won't be shaken up about it, they'll get somebody else who can adequately play Guns N' Roses songs and the show will go on. But it's Ron, and he probably won't.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

I do not believe it at all. I have my reasons, but I really don't feel it's my place to discuss them.

Did you ask Ron when you saw Gnr in Vegas?

I'm leaning towards no. I think the rumors are true that he's planning on it, but I think (and hope) he'll come to an agreement with Axl/management to stick around.

This.

I think he won't deny the rumors because he's playing a game of chicken with Axl/TB to get a better deal or maybe a firm commitment to having GN'R be more than a nostalgia act. It can go either way, really. 50/50. But I lean to him staying because I get the feeling Axl isn't going to want to have to go through the trouble of replacing yet another guitarist.

No. But he made one particular comment that convinced me he's not going anywhere when I was talking with him the other night. That's all I'll say, as I'm not gonna go around saying stuff he told me in a conversation.

And please, no one go putting words in my mouth that BBF told me he's not quitting.

Guest Gunns

No. But he made one particular comment that convinced me he's not going anywhere when I was talking with him the other night. That's all I'll say, as I'm not gonna go around saying stuff he told me in a conversation.

And please, no one go putting words in my mouth that BBF told me he's not quitting.

Maybe he was just trying to throw the 'scent off' so to speak, either way another member suggested it could be a ploy to get better conditions when he re-signs another contract for another few years in GnR

its all very speculative and interesting

No.

Why doesn't someone just ask him? He's easy enough to meet.

Some members of other forum asked and.... Yes, he will quit

Really? Regardless of those answers, I do believe he will quit, yes. Over the past few years I would argue that he wasn't leaving... now if I had to money on it, I'd say he was leaving.

Did that comment confirm your theory/opinion or not? Because if he wasn't going to quit he'd have told us already, I believe. Over the past few years there were quite a few rumors of him leaving, but he always said that those rumors were untrue, but this time he's quiet, he's ignoring the rumor and the questions. And it's the biggest rumor that he's leaving yet.

I'm hoping Axl's recent interview about looking into releasing new music has made Ron consider sticking it out for a bit longer, they've probably talked about it sometime before that interview or even after and he's decided to see it through (hopefully)

Having him leave now would be a loss to the band, especially now when we've had that Axl interview and his performances getting better/playing other songs, it's like the band is slowly starting to gain momentum again, even if it is only baby steps and having Ron leave now would probably set everything back to square one again.

If he does end up quitting or ends up sticking around, will you be comfortable telling us then? I understand why you might not want to say anything right now, since that would have people going around saying stuff like "B-b-but Powerage5 saaaaaaaaid!...."