The General Consensus of Mygnr: Poll - Do you think Ron will leave GnR after Vegas?

Guest Gunns

Public Poll: Do you think Ron will leave GnR after Vegas?   

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted no. I think maybe they are negotiating and that's why he doesn't want to confirm or deny the rumors. If he leaves, no one wins imo. Axl would have to sort out a new guitarist and people will be laughing at/complaining about the revolving door thing again. It would be a blemish for 'the most stable line-up' too. And it's obvious what BBF will lose.

Plus, I believe in the good judgment of Powerage and Nosaj.

Is it me or all the threads with the initial rumor are now gone?

I don't like it when people go after Ron for note leaving when he's complaining - the guy don't like not going to the studio, working on new stuff etc. and is frustrated - on the other side I think he really enjoys being in the band, playing the gigs and travel the world.

Maybe him pushing things is what will bring us something.

Before his latest interview and the posts he made here I thought he was definitely leaving. Now I firmly believe he's staying. :sleeper:

What posts? I must have skipped that :)

Is it me or all the threads with the initial rumor are now gone?

I don't like it when people go after Ron for note leaving when he's complaining - the guy don't like not going to the studio, working on new stuff etc. and is frustrated - on the other side I think he really enjoys being in the band, playing the gigs and travel the world.

Maybe him pushing things is what will bring us something.

Before his latest interview and the posts he made here I thought he was definitely leaving. Now I firmly believe he's staying. :sleeper:

What posts? I must have skipped that :)

He posted here the day before yesterday, in the BBF needs you- Kickstarter thread.

Just a public poll we can see who will be right and wrong in their guess to see if Ron will be leaving after Vegas.

Let's see what the general consensus is here amongst the fanbase, even if they're 'guesses'....

Voting for the poll will close before the start of the final Vegas concert (in case any insinuations/goodbyes etc about Ron leaving are made during the concert)

Where is the i don't know/i don't care/we will never know option?

Guest Gunns

Just a public poll we can see who will be right and wrong in their guess to see if Ron will be leaving after Vegas.

Let's see what the general consensus is here amongst the fanbase, even if they're 'guesses'....

Voting for the poll will close before the start of the final Vegas concert (in case any insinuations/goodbyes etc about Ron leaving are made during the concert)

Where is the i don't know/i don't care/we will never know option?

we will know after vegas, unless this band becomes strictly a studio band from now on, which has roughly a 0% chance of happening

I have no idea. I voted no just to see what everyone else voted for.

maybe Axl saying CD II is coming out and playing new stuff like Yestrdays and Prostitute is to keep Ron happy. Show him something will happen.

Guest Gunns

maybe Axl saying CD II is coming out and playing new stuff like Yestrdays and Prostitute is to keep Ron happy. Show him something will happen.

I don't think that tactic will work after the umpteenth time and not after 8 years, maybe the first few times they did that it gave him hope but now its like 'oh cool that was a nice surprise, but this band's still not doing anything'...

Idk. I just don't understand why he wouldn't had squashed the rumor while he had the chance the other day. Maybe he's still contemplating? Maybe he's holding out for a raise? Maybe he made his money and is just done with the hassle? I couldn't be more indifferent either way this goes :shrugs:

We got the confirmation here while the SA tour by the admin of GNRLA who had dinner with bumble. That and a lot more, he said that he's out. But things change, maybe he was looking for more money or a new contract. To me that's the best way to get a rise.

i want him to leave just because i want something happening. (no, hearing prostitute live 1 time in 300 shows is not enough for me). but he seems to be a coward, says one thing and acts the other way. he'll get a better contract and keep touring til Axl retires. Maybe he won't even need the kickstarter campaign after a good raise... he won't leave.

Guest Gunns

We got the confirmation here while the SA tour by the admin of GNRLA who had dinner with bumble. That and a lot more, he said that he's out. But things change, maybe he was looking for more money or a new contract. To me that's the best way to get a rise.

interesting, do you have a source for this? when was this/what was said exactly?

I don't think that tactic will work after the umpteenth time and not after 8 years, maybe the first few times they did that it gave him hope but now its like 'oh cool that was a nice surprise, but this band's still not doing anything'...

So when we hear Atlas Shrugged live Kip Winger will be playing Rons solo that replaced Mays. Maybe Slash will play it.

So when we hear Atlas Shrugged live Kip Winger will be playing Rons solo that replaced Mays. Maybe Slash will play it.

It's all trickery on Bumble's part.

He's the Dan Marino of CDII.

ah I see what you did here, you put the GENERAL in the title making me think it was about a new/ old song to get me to click on this thread.

I'm not gonna vote since it could go either way. P5 saying he's got reason to believe ron isn't leaving, maybe he knows something we don't?

I doubt it. It's the same old shit with Ron. He's probably complaining about his back pain, the band not working towards any new music, this and that, "poor me" as always, but he knows damn well this is about as good of a gig as he'll ever get and he's crazy to walk away from it. So he'll complain, people within the camp will talk, and nothing will actually happen because it's Ron.

This.

Edited by axlsend

interesting, do you have a source for this? when was this/what was said exactly?

It was on the twitter thread and on GNRLA.

I hope Zakk is bumble replacement.

I doubt it. It's the same old shit with Ron. He's probably complaining about his back pain, the band not working towards any new music, this and that, "poor me" as always, but he knows damn well this is about as good of a gig as he'll ever get and he's crazy to walk away from it. So he'll complain, people within the camp will talk, and nothing will actually happen because it's Ron.

I hope he does though. His interaction with the fans is great but I've always felt he's really out of place in GNR. At least Buckethead was able to contribute melody in the context of composition as a virtuoso, like an actual lead guitar player, everything Ron does in that regard sounds kinda forced and his full out shredding is just boring as fuck imo. Really I think he fits into this band as a rhythm guitarist way more than he does as a lead guitarist and even then he's very replaceable. Other than being really cool with fans at shows and online... I've never been able to understand why hes so adored. Sure, he plays old Guns N' Roses songs very well... that's like getting really excited about Steve Vai or Paul Gilbert playing Lynyrd Skynyrd or Motley Crue songs or some shit... is it really that exciting? I guess you could argue it is since he's doing it alongside that cartoon character piece of shit DJ Ashba who does it so poorly, it's like "man, Ron rules, he doesn't suck like Ashba, he's really important to the band!"

I dunno, usually when I'm all hyped up about a guitarist in a band it has to do with what he/she brings to the unit. With Ron I just don't see it, and a huge part of that is because GNR hasn't actually put out any material that he had a full hand in writing and he's never been given a chance to reach his full potential as a member of the band. It isn't his fault, but it is what it is, and his importance to what this band does just isn't a whole lot at all. There's thousands of guitarists who can do the same shit, so why does it matter if he leaves?

I guess I'm just really not very impressed in a professional guitarists ability to cover another guys music well. If Ron leaves I won't be shaken up about it, they'll get somebody else who can adequately play Guns N' Roses songs and the show will go on. But it's Ron, and he probably won't.

Yeah, we'll just get Ashba to pick up Ron's parts..... Oh wait a second.....?

I have no clue.

"We were told" doesn't carry much weight with me. Still waiting on those 3 new songs, along with everyone else, so.....

I will agree he could very easily quash this in 2 seconds on Twitter and has not. But the whole god damn band operates that way. Something is said, they never correct the record, then bitch down the road at all the "spreading lies".