The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil didn't wow me! Felt a bit sorry for Croatia.

Brazil have not wowed me for quite a few years now, from the soft (dodgy) penalty to Croatia scoring a perfectly fine goal that was disallowed, I felt hard done by on behalf of Croatia. Maybe Brazil can't lose their first game??!!

Brazil didn't wow me! Felt a bit sorry for Croatia.

Brazil have not wowed me for quite a few years now, from the soft (dodgy) penalty to Croatia scoring a perfectly fine goal that was disallowed, I felt hard done by on behalf of Croatia. Maybe Brazil can't lose their first game??!!

a country that is pretty poor just spent billions of dollars they didnt have to spare to build(half finish) a new soccer stadium that has caused protests and violence, my guess is no fucking way FIFA was going to allow them to lose in the first round let alone the first game.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

Even if Brazil didn't wow anyone, you can see the quality and potential. And yes, the playing at home factor. But still, it's my number 1 candidate to win the Cup for footballistic reasons. It will be tough to beat them.

Spain, Argentina and Germany will be laughing after watching that performance by Brazil tonight. Nothing special at all.

Even if Brazil didn't wow anyone, you can see the quality and potential. And yes, the playing at home factor. But still, it's my number 1 candidate to win the Cup for footballistic reasons. It will be tough to beat them.

Spain, Argentina and Germany will be laughing after watching that performance by Brazil tonight. Nothing special at all.

Spain suffered like a btich last time to win the Cup and, even when they had the best team, they were the favourites, and they had the football... they didn't make their best matches at all. But still, as expected, they won.

World Cup is not always a matter of making the most beautiful football, and it was the first match. Alongside other 3 or 4 teams, they are the rivals to beat.

Edited by Thin White Duke

Spain suffered like a btich last time to win the Cup and, even when they had the best team, they were the favourites, and they had the football... they didn't make their best matches at all. But still, as expected, they won.

World Cup is not always a matter of making the most beautiful football, and it was the first match. Alongside other 3 or 4 teams, they are the rivals to beat.

I'm just saying they won't win the World Cup playing like that. I saw no evidence of the quality and potential you mentioned. A better Croatian goalkeeper would have saved all three goals. Never mind the cheating and the fact that Neymar should have been sent off.

Really sad to see this. FIFA should be ashamed of themselves.

That ref clearly got instructions to let Brazil win, no matter what.

That's what you get for hosting a WC over there. Fools.

At least it wasn't as bad as this guy:

Have you seen that Brazilian player who is a dead spit for Sammy Davis Jr?

Luis Gustavo?

Also Marcelo is a dead ringer for Italian comedian Ficarra. No wonder their defending is a joke! :D

it happens every time, it happened in 2002 in korea. that's how it works.

by the way, this year's official song isn't half as good as "waka-waka", i really miss shakira :cry:

Edited by supercool

it happens every time, it happened in 2002 in korea. that's how it works.

by the way, this year's official song isn't half as good as "waka-waka", i really miss shakira :cry:

Yeah, liked Shakira more too. Thought of Nelly Furtado too (Força), but that was for Euro 2004, not WC.

Tonight, I will be rooting for Cameroon and Holland :)

Guest Len B'stard

Ive always had a soft spot for Brazil, comes from my Dad and the 70s and Pele and Jarzinho (sorry , i cant spell none of their names properly) so its always nice to see em do well, one of those teams i've always enjoyed to watch :) Was actually watching the game on the move with my laptop, fuckin thing died so i missed Oscars goal :(

Brazil was definitely the better team, especially throughout the 2nd half.

This. Brazil made 4 goals, Croatia was dangerous but couldn't score. Their goalie screwed up with the penalty (which was shot terribly).

Can't wait for Belgium to play on tuesday! We have a hell of a team, this is the year! ;)