The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

I think people are exaggerating. I supported Croatia but I didn't think they deserved to win at all. They were very good, don't get me wrong, but once Brazil started attacking in waves it was obvious they wouldn't be able to keep them at bay. I also didn't disagree with the referee's major decisions. He was a bit too harsh but the penalty, the cards and the disallowed goal seemed justified to me.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want players to go down and the ref to give dodgy penalties, don't put your arms on a player trying to turn. That was too easy, there was only gonna be one call all day and all night.

That being said, Brazil battered Croatia's goal until they went ahead. And Pletikosa just looked awful on all three goals, the other teams will know now to shoot at him from anywhere.

Brazil was definitely the better team, especially throughout the 2nd half. I do hope FIFA starts to impose fines or suspensions for dives after the games.

I disagree. I thought (until that absurd pen which killed-off the game) Brazil were sloppy, while many of their key players, Fred and Hulk for instance, were absent for long periods. Even Neymar was not that impressive, being dispossed and giving the ball away in the final third. Croatia were workmanlike and had an excellent gameplan of hitting Brazil on the break. With a better finisher, they could have been 3-0. Of course Brazil dominated possession but that was always going to happen - Croatia set their team up for that.

Croatia should have had the 3 points.

Regarding the ref, memories of South Korea v Spain/Italy (2002). Disgusting but that is football. Until Fifa reform the game, it will always be the case.

Even then, Oscar was giving Croatia's players fits, and Neymar even with the sloppy plays, still created a good number of chances, with better final ball and finishing, if Croatia got 3, Brazil would've had 5 at least.

They caused some problems, but with 60% of the possesion they should have done better, Fred and Hulk especially

Man, it was so glorious to see Dilma crying after she was booed off. I really hope to see some accidents on those unfinished stadiums, just to show to the entire world the cluster fuck this country is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil had already bought this cup from fifa. Why not? Argentina already won a cup with a cheapass motherfucker using his hands. All because fifa wants to rely on dumb refs and refuses to watch a goddamn replay.

Anyways, fuck Brazil. I hope we lose. Go Germany, Italy, Spain, US... anybody.

Guest Len B'stard
I really hope to see some accidents on those unfinished stadiums, just to show to the entire world the cluster fuck this country is.

What the fuck is the matter with you man? What, you want a fuckin' Heysel, are you feelin' alright?

Good match so far. I am enjoining it. Iniesta is a really underrated player. Van Persie is Van Persie.

Wouldn't call iniesta a really underrated player as he is very highly rated and easily one of the best midfielders in the world.

Guest Len B'stard

Good match so far. I am enjoining it. Iniesta is a really underrated player. Van Persie is Van Persie.

Wouldn't call iniesta a really underrated player as he is very highly rated and easily one of the best midfielders in the world.

Yeah, i was gonna say, Iniesta underrated, what, winning goal at the world cup, pale faced assassin, Barcelona mainstay, that Iniesta? Van Persie is less rated than Iniesta. Holland doing fuckin' fantastic, 4-1, can't argue with that.

• Like 1

Poor Casillas. He was close to the world record of not have taken a goal, and now this...

Casillas has been absolutely abysmal all game. Stay in your fucking net not 10 yards out of it. Just like athletico scoring in the champions league final.

In all fairness when you have Pique who has been categorically shit for the past 3 years and Ramos who's only been playing CB for 2 years it's no surprise they're getting beat.

Neither of them have got close to anything at all. Add in the mistake by Casillas and you've got yourself a spanking.