Tommy Stinson Interview: "GUNS does seem to be on a hiatus now"

"GUNS does seem to be on a hiatus now," he said. "We've been working a lot the last couple of years, so it seems like the next logical step for GUNS would probably be to go back into the studio and do some recording before we hit the road again."

Stinson was replaced for GUNS N' ROSES' South American tour and the Revolver appearance by the band's former bassist Duff McKagan, who was part of GN'R from 1985 until 1993.

"I had those REPLACEMENTS shows come up the same time the [south American] tour came up, and it got to be a scheduling issue right out of the gate," Stinson told Billboard.com in April. "I didn't want to fuck anyone up in GUNS by saying, 'Hey, I can't do this tour' or anything like that. Luckily someone was able to reach out to Duff and he was amenable to the idea and was into doing it. It's Duff being the kind of good sport he is, trying to help Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] out. So I'm like, 'Thanks dude, for covering my ass on this one.'"

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-tommy-stinson-says-recording-new-music-seems-like-the-next-logical-step/#S1OPHBcQqktgvoq8.99

The next logical step would be to re-record AFD with Dj Ashba on drums.

#AshbaOnDrums #Swag #BeatTheDrumsLikeTheBulliesBeatMe #ConquerTheWorld #BetterThanTheOldAFD Edited by username
  • Like 1

Oh dear! At least with Chi Dem we had the leaks and anything at all! We have NO idea what CD2 consists of at all tbh! Just random educated guesses from

old interviews! It may not even include songs like "The General" "Atlas Shrugged" when it eventually comes out...

it seems like the next logical step for GUNS would probably be to go back into the studio and do some recording before we hit the road again.

absolutely logical. it's not like there's finished recordings or anything that have been sitting in the vault since 1999.

• Like 1

Damn, people are harsh. What's bullshit here?

"Guns is on a bit of a hiatus... it seems logical that the next step would probably be to go back into the studio and do some recording before we hit the road again... The Replacements thing was a scheduling conflict right out of the gate... Duff covered my ass on this."

That's all true. It's politely saying the reality of the situation, it's not bullshitting us.

• Like 2

"Guns is on a bit of a hiatus... it seems logical that the next step would probably be to go back into the studio and do some recording before we hit the road again... The Replacements thing was a scheduling conflict right out of the gate... Duff covered my ass on this."

That's all true. It's politely saying the reality of the situation, it's not bullshitting us.

Then who is, Dizzy?

Because he's telling us its "almost done".

Then who is, Dizzy?

Because he's telling us its "almost done".

No, Dizzy always plays politics, but Tommy was just answering a question here. Not in brutal terms like Bumble usually does, but being pretty forward.

He's being honest, just want someone to ask one of these guys who's been in GNR a quarter of their lives now almost, HAS ANYONE FUCKING TALKED TO AXL ABOUT RECORDING?

Which should be everyone's follow up.

Ask the question, they give you the same routine, and then you come right back "and is that what Axl says?"

How much more recording does this band need to do?

All we've heard about for a decade is how much music was in the library. Didn't Beta say there was like 80 songs in an old interview? The original plan was for three albums. We know that songs like general, soulmonster and many others exist (in some form). We know DJ and Ron have submitted songs.

It's been six years since the last album. One album of original material since 1991.

Enuff Z Nuff boys.

Share some music with your millions of fans!!!!!

That's the cycle of the procrastinator.... makes and re-makes everything over and over.... it never ends... that's why they are still recording, or not recording at all.....

While on the GNR official Social Media, they are celebrating AFD 27's b-day (a.k.a. the cash cow) :rofl-lol:

Axl said CD II and remix are done.

Tommy is talking about a new album.

The label needs to get the rest of the CD era material out.

Then front the band some money for a recording studio in Rio to start the next album.