Tommy Stinson Interview: "GUNS does seem to be on a hiatus now"

Regarding Duff, if I recall correctly he was more open to Axl's chance in direction for GnR in the 90's with a transition to nu metal and industrial. Because of this plus the draw of having another original member return to the band full-time for concert and studio work, replacing Tommy with Duff is ideal. It could be more encouraging for Axl also to get some new material recorded with him, since it would keep him away from Velvet Revolver. :P

No idea if Izzy would be a positive contribution to the band in this day and age.

He hasn't recorded a single note with the current lineup, which honestly are willing to play whatever Axl tells them to play, from nu metal to polka. Chances of Duff coming back AND making Axl write any new music are null, IMO. Maybe Duff was open to new direction in the 90s for the sake of keeping the band together. Completely different situation nowadays. I agree with you about Izzy.

Duff said he and Izzy have talked about writing songs together (not necc. for GNR), but I don't know if they have.

That's cool. They should really reunite with Slash and Matt and do something, maybe with different vocalists, like Slash's first solo album.

If working with Duff and Izzy again gets him to put new music out, its a step forward!

Lets not get too optimistic.

Hows it getting too optimistic? Im not saying i expect him to get back with Duff and Izzy. Im just saying if it did happen and it got him to actually release music, then yeah its a step forward. As opposed to just touring the same old setlist, Vegas residencies, and playing only 3-5 songs a night off your latest effort, which is 6 years old.

"GUNS does seem to be on a hiatus now," he said. "We've been working a lot the last couple of years, so it seems like the next logical step for GUNS would probably be to go back into the studio and do some recording before we hit the road again."

Stinson was replaced for GUNS N' ROSES' South American tour and the Revolver appearance by the band's former bassist Duff McKagan, who was part of GN'R from 1985 until 1993.

"I had those REPLACEMENTS shows come up the same time the [south American] tour came up, and it got to be a scheduling issue right out of the gate," Stinson told Billboard.com in April. "I didn't want to fuck anyone up in GUNS by saying, 'Hey, I can't do this tour' or anything like that. Luckily someone was able to reach out to Duff and he was amenable to the idea and was into doing it. It's Duff being the kind of good sport he is, trying to help Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] out. So I'm like, 'Thanks dude, for covering my ass on this one.'"

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-tommy-stinson-says-recording-new-music-seems-like-the-next-logical-step/#S1OPHBcQqktgvoq8.99

"now"?

If working with Duff and Izzy again gets him to put new music out, its a step forward!

Hows it getting too optimistic? Im not saying i expect him to get back with Duff and Izzy. Im just saying if it did happen and it got him to actually release music, then yeah its a step forward. As opposed to just touring the same old setlist, Vegas residencies, and playing only 3-5 songs a night off your latest effort, which is 6 years old.
I was just laughing at myself thinking Duff and Izzy joining would get Axl to put out a record. Not gonna happen.

I was just laughing at myself thinking Duff and Izzy joining would get Axl to put out a record. Not gonna happen.

You get the craziest ideas. But CD ll is coming, so whatever. I ain't scurred of no reunion.

You get the craziest ideas. But CD ll is coming, so whatever. I ain't scurred of no reunion.

Axl hasn't fnished fucking the corpse of GNR. There's so much unsettled coffins. Edited by wasted