Tommy Stinson Interview: "GUNS does seem to be on a hiatus now"

It's always so vague it never explains have they been in a studio together, under Axl's instructions, or actually WITH the man himself, WHEN was it, do they jam/trade ideas/record on the road, how recent is this specific recording you speak of? Or are you talking about three years ago you got told to record something after being sent an email with a one minute extract of a potential song?

They won't ever record a new album again. It just isn't happening, as Axl's heart isn't into that. The fact that he hasn't written with members once since at least 2009 is proof of that. The best we can hope for are the left overs.

They won't ever record a new album again. It just isn't happening, as Axl's heart isn't into that. The fact that he hasn't written with members once since at least 2009 is proof of that. The best we can hope for are the left overs.

I continue to believe that everything he's done is being held back on purpose at this point.

I continue to believe that everything he's done is being held back on purpose at this point.

Why? What are they waiting for?

Why keep building up albums worth of material?

If there is in fact a "Vault" full of many albums worth of material I think the plan is for one of two things to happen with it: 1) Release all of it after Axl is gone so it's more appreciated and 2) Just plain never release it out of spite.

The above is my own wild ass guess and it's not based on any sort of fact.

so it seems like the next logical step for GUNS would probably be to go back into the studio and do some recording before we hit the road again.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/208189-guns-n-roses-in-arena-da-amazonia-brazil-november-5th/

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/208238-guns-n-roses-to-play-in-mexico-in-november-hellandheavenfest/

:lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, that's just what we need. Move this band in even more of a nostalgia direction and get some braindead poofhead to play bass so that a few dadrockers can cream themselves.

Fuck Duff and all the nonsensical praise he gets.

Seems you're butthurt, aren't you? :D

I think there' some serious sore butt there alright, Raw butt in fact.

Can only hope this hiatus can be used to carefully plan the future of the band, pen some tunes and decide what direction they want to go in and with who on board.

But who am I kidding, let's just watch them do nothing this summer and rush back into another couple years of promoting Chinese Democracy this fall.

If there is in fact a "Vault" full of many albums worth of material I think the plan is for one of two things to happen with it: 1) Release all of it after Axl is gone so it's more appreciated and 2) Just plain never release it out of spite.

The above is my own wild ass guess and it's not based on any sort of fact.

BOth those options are sad.

Imagine a world where Axl woke up and said "I'm gonna give my millions of fans a treat. This current band has been with me long enough and they deserve their chance to shine on a GnR album. Let's clear the vault and start with a clean slate."

And then just in time for Christmas, GnR released a box set that included Axl's autobiography, CD2, CD3, the remix album, a live CD, a 4-hour DVD that featured behind the scenes footage of the band, and the Illusions dvd.

Russ, can you imagine that?

I think you guys are taking what Broski is saying the wrong way. (I never thought I'd say that).

Put in a lighter way: Praising Duff, and subsequently having wet dreams about a reunion of any kind, just hinders any chance of this band actually moving forward--out of the nostalgia direction.

I think with the follow up in the air Tommy needs to be in with the bands. He's the general.

But later a Duff/Izzy record tour might work. But it's prob a step back for Axl. I think he can get another modern twist on GNR from Ron and Dj.

Regarding Duff, if I recall correctly he was more open to Axl's chance in direction for GnR in the 90's with a transition to nu metal and industrial. Because of this plus the draw of having another original member return to the band full-time for concert and studio work, replacing Tommy with Duff is ideal. It could be more encouraging for Axl also to get some new material recorded with him, since it would keep him away from Velvet Revolver. :P

No idea if Izzy would be a positive contribution to the band in this day and age.

Regarding Duff, if I recall correctly he was more open to Axl's chance in direction for GnR in the 90's with a transition to nu metal and industrial. Because of this plus the draw of having another original member return to the band full-time for concert and studio work, replacing Tommy with Duff is ideal. It could be more encouraging for Axl also to get some new material recorded with him, since it would keep him away from Velvet Revolver. :P

No idea if Izzy would be a positive contribution to the band in this day and age.

He hasn't recorded a single note with the current lineup, which honestly are willing to play whatever Axl tells them to play, from nu metal to polka. Chances of Duff coming back AND making Axl write any new music are null, IMO. Maybe Duff was open to new direction in the 90s for the sake of keeping the band together. Completely different situation nowadays. I agree with you about Izzy.

Edited by ProstituteComa

He hasn't recorded a single note with the current lineup, which honestly are willing to play whatever Axl tells them to play, from nu metal to polka. Chances of Duff coming back AND making Axl write any new music are null, IMO. Maybe Duff was open to new direction in the 90s for the sake of keeping the band together. Completely different situation nowadays. I agree with you about Izzy.

Duff said he and Izzy have talked about writing songs together (not necc. for GNR), but I don't know if they have.