Do you like your job

Duff27

No. Just about died today blowing the front right tire on a topkick with a semi beside me and one directly behind me. Second time this piece of shit job has tried to do me in. First was hauling a trailer of full propane tanks when a coworker with a lighter load and better breaks decided he was going to slam on them for a red light. Ended up diagonally with my front end 2 feet past the back of his trailer and my propane in the same lane as my hood. Still sitting here on the side of the road contemplating whether I'm returning to this company when I get home or not.

• Like 2

No. Just about died today blowing the front right tire on a topkick with a semi beside me and one directly behind me. Second time this piece of shit job has tried to do me in. First was hauling a trailer of full propane tanks when a coworker with a lighter load and better breaks decided he was going to slam on them for a red light. Ended up diagonally with my front end 2 feet past the back of his trailer and my propane in the same lane as my hood. Still sitting here on the side of the road contemplating whether I'm returning to this company when I get home or not.

That's some man shit right there.

• Like 3

Jesus, I was all ready to complain about having to work day and night and getting no sleep, but my desk seems such a lovely, safe, nice place right now. Please stay safe.

• Like 3

Jesus, I was all ready to complain about having to work day and night and getting no sleep, but my desk seems such a lovely, safe, nice place right now. Please stay safe.

I'll do what I can. Would be nice to have some decent equipment to work with.

Yep, that's always key, in any job, decent equipment.

You wanna find that fuckin' cunt and chin him, the blind bastard, they could be peeling you off the fuckin' lampposts.

I still remember what happened the last time I decided violence was the answer in the workplace. Trust me, quite a few of these fucktards need a headlock. I've had the skin on my arm (which would have been my face and eyes if I wouldn't have been quick enough to get my arm up) shredded with a sandblaster, various 100+ pound pieces of equpiment dropped on me from the guy on the back of the trailer being too weak and stupid to lift it and I've met people on a level of stupidity that I didn't know existed in the real world, yet all of these assholes have somehow remained headlock free. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1

Yes I love my job. Just wish I could make more of it, I currently cram my hours in between the school run which means I skip lunch and I never leave feeling like I have achieved everything that needed doing. I'm lucky that I can do this though because being a stay at home Mum depresses me (no offence to anyone who enjoys this). I recently worked away for a week whilst my husband took care of everything at home, it was hard work in it's own way but I bloody loved only having to think about me and my job for a bit.

• Like 1

I currently sell women's clothing in a department store 1 1/2 hour's train ride either way from where I live. I have two university degrees and spent the first half of this year doing an internship related to my studies (i.e. field volcanology on several highly active volcanoes). I believe I could be earning my living in a more rewarding fashion, but at the moment I have no better offers.

• Like 1

Yep, that's always key, in any job, decent equipment.

And staff who know how to use it.

My job ain't too bad in comparison

I currently sell women's clothing in a department store 1 1/2 hour's train ride either way from where I live. I have two university degrees and spent the first half of this year doing an internship related to my studies (i.e. field volcanology on several highly active volcanoes). I believe I could be earning my living in a more rewarding fashion, but at the moment I have no better offers.

At least you get to hang around women's underwear all day.

Regarding being a teacher : so far I've had more good times than bad times and the students make it worth it.

However, I will always wish to be a full time composer though and that's my only real frustration : I think being a teacher is okay but it's not my real passion so every once in a while I feel bad about pretending like it is.

Sounds like it is "rewarding fashion" :lol:

Love it? No. What I would love is to spend 8 hours a day on an island in the Caribbean, lying on the beach and being served an endless supply of refreshing cocktails. But since that's not reality, I like it for what it is. It's challenging, it's rewarding, and I've got a new boss who is better than the old one.

• Like 3