Use Your Illusion Tour Documentary

Good job, OP!

Skipped right at the part where Axl thrashes Izzy on stage night after night. :facepalm:

Not only a compulsive liar and a back-stabbing person but always bitter and full of hate. Axl is definitely one of a kind! :rolleyes:

Yeah, bitter and full of hate. Unlike say, someone who logs on a forum to post the same exact complaints about the same guy they've never met day after day after day after...

The thread is about the UYI Tour Documentary video, not about me. Your countless attempts at trying to derail threads to call people out are pointless. It's never going to work.

I met Axl in 2010, so your claim is simply factually untrue.

You did an AWESOME job man!!

I watched the entire thing last night, plenty of video i had never seen, and i thought i had seen it all!

I noticed to missed a tour date, no MEMPHIS date from Jan 1992 was listed, i was expecting to see it and it wasn't there.

I was at the chicago 1992 show, i submit its in their top 5 shows ever. And easily the best show i've seen out of the 100 or so i have attended.

Excellent work!

Yeah, bitter and full of hate. Unlike say, someone who logs on a forum to post the same exact complaints about the same guy they've never met day after day after day after...

A quick look at the first pages of Nosaj's content page shows how wrong you are. Nice try though.

What are you, his mother? And I see enough of the repetitive one-note turds he calls his posts without clicking on the septic tank that is his content page. We don't all cream in our jeans at his every boring utterance like you do. Besides which I never said every post was about that, so once again you're wrong. Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself? If you don't think Nosaj comes here and whinges and bitches about Axl every day, you just keep deluding yourself champ.

Good job, OP!

Skipped right at the part where Axl thrashes Izzy on stage night after night. :facepalm:

Not only a compulsive liar and a back-stabbing person but always bitter and full of hate. Axl is definitely one of a kind! :rolleyes:

The thread is about the UYI Tour Documentary video, not about me. Your countless attempts at trying to derail threads to call people out are pointless. It's never going to work.

Fascinating, what did he say when you told him what you think of him? Or did you just kiss his arse?

Edited by tomfriend

A quick look at the first pages of Nosaj's content page shows how wrong you are. Nice try though.

What are you, his mother? And I see enough of the repetitive one-note turds he calls his posts without clicking on the septic tank that is his content page. We don't all cream in our jeans at his every boring utterance like you do. Besides which I never said every post was about that, so once again you're wrong. Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself? If you don't think Nosaj comes here and whinges and bitches about Axl every day, you just keep deluding yourself champ.

Good job, OP!

Fascinating, what did he say when you told him what you think of him? Or did you just kiss his arse?

This thread is about the UYI Tour Documentary. As flattering as it is the fact that you're obsessed with people like me, thinking that your usual forum police routine is going to have any single minuscule effect on me or people like me, let me say and clarify that you're derailing the thread, again. So, for someone who cries every single day about what other people say about Axl, you're not doing any better by complaining about pseudo complainers in these threads. There are report buttons in every post that you can use, if you know how to. Your effort will be more appreciated that way.

Now, are you going to stay on topic and discuss the video and learn how the forum rules work and understand that you're not a moderator and that your voice and opinion about other members is not going to change anything?

Thanks. :)

This was really good. Well done.

I hadn't seen a lot of this footage. And good job on keeping the quality decent. I know how big of a pain it can be to combine multiple sources like this. Not to mention trying to get the best quality of each source.

I hadn't realized how many shows on this tour were cancelled or rescheduled. Seems like anytime the frequency of shows were too close together, they'd end up cancelling the next few.

---

In seeing Axl respond the same way, to nearly identical situations, over and over and over, I now give more trust to the stories of his ex girlfriends and the domestic violence stuff.

He's got a little of the "bad crazy" in him. Like, "Jesus, wtf is wrong with this guy? Let's get out of here."

I'd never really noticed it before. But when you see all these instances played in successsion, it sort of pops out at you.

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it.

Yeah, I tried getting the best quality videos for each. Check out the Alpine Valley MTV News report. That shit was like HD haha!

The canceled/rescheduled dates and Axl's attitude night after night were points I was really trying to drive home.

It was fascinating to see the entire St. Louis incident.

I didn't know about the back story. The biker guy interrupting the show, giving Axl his card, harassing other fans and the security not doing anything about it because they were friends with the bikers. That is a lot of context to leave out of the story that everybody knows about.

Axl didn't handle it correctly or professionally.

BUT at least we know now why he did it. And he shouldn't be as vilified as he did for starting the riot - he actually had a reason for leaving the stage. He shouldn't shoulder all the blame for that.

Really awesome to hear that you enjoyed the backstory. I tried really getting in depth with St. Louis and Montreal because I haven't seen anyone else really do it and it always frustrated me that everyone would always leave out so many big details.

• Like 1

I watched the entire thing last night, plenty of video i had never seen, and i thought i had seen it all!

I noticed to missed a tour date, no MEMPHIS date from Jan 1992 was listed, i was expecting to see it and it wasn't there.

I was at the chicago 1992 show, i submit its in their top 5 shows ever. And easily the best show i've seen out of the 100 or so i have attended.

Excellent work!

Thanks a ton!!! And damn you're right haha! I know why I accidentally deleted it. It's because gnrontour.com has two listings of them playing on 1/7/92 because the band jammed with a local band at a club after the Memphis gig and I deleted it off the slide thinking that I put the club jam as a tour date. I fixed it in the description.

Edited by Jwalker19

You deserve a lot of credit for this, man. This is great. We'd have a shit ton of official releases with stuff like this if Axl and the leeches didn't all have their heads so far up each others' asses.

I wouldn't exactly call Slash and Duff leeches, but other than that I agree wholeheartedly.

You deserve a lot of credit for this, man. This is great. We'd have a shit ton of official releases with stuff like this if Axl and the leeches didn't all have their heads so far up each others' asses.

I wouldn't exactly call Slash and Duff leeches, but other than that I agree wholeheartedly.

Slash has nothing to do with this one. He'd be pimping Classic GNR Cologne if Axl was down. :lol:

Slash has nothing to do with this one. He'd be pimping Classic GNR Cologne if Axl was down. :lol:

He was right there with Axl trying to block Live Era and he must have got whatever he wanted from blocking Appetite For Democracy (although his dumb ass should have did the world a favor and just kept blocking it indefinitely) or that would still be blocked. He also has as much control over the classic material as Axl does. He is definitely not innocent here.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

• 3 months later...

He was right there with Axl trying to block Live Era and he must have got whatever he wanted from blocking Appetite For Democracy (although his dumb ass should have did the world a favor and just kept blocking it indefinitely) or that would still be blocked. He also has as much control over the classic material as Axl does. He is definitely not innocent here.

Fairly certain both Axl and Slash were fine with Live Era, it was the Greatest Hits album they joined forces to fight the label.

• Like 1

Fairly certain both Axl and Slash were fine with Live Era, it was the Greatest Hits album they joined forces to fight the label.

Yep, my bad.

There really hasn't been a band like that since.

Oasis had the attitude but none of the "fuck me is this going to explode" vibe at their gigs - they preferred to stand around sneering.

True yeah, apart from Axl is Axl, Liam Gallagher still thinks he's john Lennon

It took me over three months to complete. I started it right after I uploaded the song premiere's video. I think it's safe to say that I'm the biggest 17yo G N' R fan if I took all that time to make this haha! Enjoy!

I think this is maybe the best post here in mygnr since 2002

Hats off to you :headbang:

Excellent work!

Thanks a ton!!! And damn you're right haha! I know why I accidentally deleted it. It's because gnrontour.com has two listings of them playing on 1/7/92 because the band jammed with a local band at a club after the Memphis gig and I deleted it off the slide thinking that I put the club jam as a tour date. I fixed it in the description.

GNRONTOUR is extremely useful sometimes, but also has it's errors

Btw Memphis was a "special" show, because they performed Dust N' Bones without Izzy!

Axl takes the lead and what a great performance !

Excellent work!

GNRONTOUR is extremely useful sometimes, but also has it's errors

Btw Memphis was a "special" show, because they performed Dust N' Bones without Izzy!

Axl takes the lead and what a great performance !

Thanks for the video. I don't know, Dust N' Bones does not sound right without Izzy, plus the quality of the audio is deplorable.

• 2 weeks later...

This is ace, thanks.

Nice to see the (massive) UYI tour in order with some context behind it.

Funny how much it could change night to night. Some nights you can tell there's a lot of shit going on behind the scenes, but then there's a MEGA-Gig (a la Freddie).

Great to see the last proper GN'R gig too (Buenos Aires?) Axl was on good form, Slash seemed a bit fatigued maybe, but still giving it some wellie.. I noticed he evolves the verse riff on Paradise quite a bit and it gets well badass. (never heard again since)

I'd forgot about that clip where Axl misconstrues Slash's comment on 'Costume change' too. Classic!

Anyway, keep it up. You should make a follow-up documentary from the end of UYI til' now. ;)

This is ace, thanks.

Nice to see the (massive) UYI tour in order with some context behind it.

Funny how much it could change night to night. Some nights you can tell there's a lot of shit going on behind the scenes, but then there's a MEGA-Gig (a la Freddie).

Great to see the last proper GN'R gig too (Buenos Aires?) Axl was on good form, Slash seemed a bit fatigued maybe, but still giving it some wellie.. I noticed he evolves the verse riff on Paradise quite a bit and it gets well badass. (never heard again since)

I'd forgot about that clip where Axl misconstrues Slash's comment on 'Costume change' too. Classic!

Anyway, keep it up. You should make a follow-up documentary from the end of UYI til' now. ;)

No one wants to sit through 2 hours of watching the emo fuck the songs up over the last 5 years.