Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

9 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

WOO WOO WOO!

Not gonna lie...I'm happy as hell for Zack.

I also really think that Owens is seriously hurt.

Yeah I held my breath on that one. Was surprised as hell to see Sami hit that move. 

I've found myself a few times already say "good for him, he deserves this." Ryder winning, Owens entrance and insane crowd pop, Sami's entrance, AJ coming out. This crowd is such a sight. Even if they don't legitimately hit the hundred thousand, this is still a huge crowd. I prefer outdoor stadiums myself in general, but this stadium really is something else. 

• Like 1

Okay this cereal shit is getting stupid now. So glad the wife isn't home to see me watching this. New Day makes me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. 

And look at this. Rusev was one of the top heels in the company a year ago. Now, he's kicking fucking giant cheerios. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I expected so much more out of Dean vs Brock

Same here. What a let down. 

I've had zero issues with the network which is surprising. Had the network on my ps3 over a year ago, cancelled it when mycable provider offered it because of the streaming issues. Cancelled that to save money, got the ps3 version again when it was offered free last month. I'm impressed, they stepped it up. Solid hd the whole show so far. Much better than the 2015 rumble in weak Internet streaming quality. 

That has to be one of the worst Mania's in at least ten years, absolutely blew it in terms of quality

Usually the Raw following Mania is some damage control, but it's going to take a LOT (Bullet Club) to make up for all the clusterfucks (Reigns, Charlotte, Lesnar going over, weak finish for Shane/Taker)

• Kalisto v Ryback- Expected it to end with Kalisto going over with a "David and Goliath" kind of story, they put on a decent match overall although it was pretty short
  • 10-Diva Tag- Who cares
  • Usos v Dudleyz- Throwaway match
  • IC title ladder match- Good spotfest, unpredicted finish; hopefully Ryder holds the title for longer than 1 day if Owens gets his rematch on Raw
  • Styles v Jericho- MOVE OVER NEW STARS
  • New Day v League of Nations- Just felt like a vehicle to bring out the legends and put them over, another throwaway
  • Lesnar v Ambrose- Following tradition, Ambrose blows it and loses at PPV's consistently
  • Charlotte v Banks v Lynch- Great match, bad finish; was definitely Sasha's night
  • Taker v Shane- What could have been a great catalyst for a story that could work all the way through the year just ends tonight; all that hype just feels wasted
  • The Andre- Good for Corbin, if that's his main roster debut; winning this royale doesn't get you any more over (Cesaro) than if you don't win it, so we'll see what happens
  • Rock segment- :facepalm:
  • Trips v Reigns- :hahafyou:
Edited by Gackt

Nakamura/Bailey/Zayn olay chants during the main event.

No doubt it was cool there at the stadium, but this was lackluster watching it via stream. It wasn't as bad as 27, but that's not a high bar. 

They tried to pretend Roman was getting cheered. All you heard for Reigns was boos, but they a few times randomly zoomed in on random people cheering him. 

Edited by AtariLegend

That Mania was kinda shit. Ladder match, divas match, cell match were pretty good IMO. Shane's dive made the match though. Rest were boring. 

I also can't believe they've made wrestlemania 5 hours long now not even including the kickoff. Way too fucking long. 

4 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Okay this cereal shit is getting stupid now. So glad the wife isn't home to see me watching this. New Day makes me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. 

And look at this. Rusev was one of the top heels in the company a year ago. Now, he's kicking fucking giant cheerios. 

CfKCBQbUYAEpt4p.jpg

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

2573%20-%20Raw%20animated_macro%20autopl

I'm surprised Rock put him over with words at first instead of the predictable "Who in the blue hell are you?" bit. 

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

Bray is injured, they needed a way to get him on the show.

Some people said Rock was putting Bray over, if this was the 90's people would be saying the Wyatts were buried.

I forgot about Bray being injured. 

Women stole the night. Maybe they made the rest of the show suck to put th women over more?

Other than the women, that was without a doubt the worst-booked wrestling show I've ever seen. Just a shit show of underwhelming matches. 

• Like 3

It felt like NONE of the feuds going into Mania had a crowd-pleasing resolution, no feel-good endings or moments to really stick with you

I was getting increasingly nervous that we were getting Thrice in a Lifetime when Cena's music hit lol

• Like 1

What a massive letdown.... The only outcome I'm sort of happy about is Ryder. I'd have preferred Zayn. Taker-Shane was a lose-lose option. The booking was horrendous. 

Having Jericho win was pointless. They could have made dean a star. The woman's match was great but it needed a new champ. Ugh... Roman.... Bluuuuuh