Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

59 minutes ago, sturginho said:

Ideally you want Austin to be stunnering Vince though!

Vince tries to screw Shane, Stone Cold stuns Vince, Shane wins. 

HBK is going to be involved in the Trips-Reigns match. I'm guessing he'll be involved in another stupid attempt to get Reigns over. 

14 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Shouldn't have wasted all that time before coming over to the e.

I think he "wasted his time" because he was afraid that the WWE booking team was going to bear out its WCW grudges by forcing the long-time face of WCW to be a jobber. I would say, given the shitty promos and even shittier results that Sting was written into, his fears were totally vindicated. It totally sucks that he never got a good run, but what do you really think was going to happen? That Sting wasa going to win the Royal Rumble and take the strap? Or that Sting was going to get a second title shot, this time against HHH at Mania? WWE was never going to give Sting a real shot, not no way not no how. Sting swallowed his pride, and Vince and Co. treated him just as badly as he thought they would. At least he'll get his ring in a few weeks while WWE takes credit for his legend status.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Sting ;__;

A really depressing end to an amazing career. WWE didn't know how to write him for shit and the man himself seemed uninspired.

This. I was never a fan of Sting but this sums it up. The guy had  agreat career and the way it ended just really sucked. He was too old by the time he came to WWE. I don't mind that he lost both his matches cause to be honest it's pretty laughable to see had he gone over either HHH or Rollins but it's also laughable that they brought him in just to job. Then the neck injury and his career comes to a sputtering hault.  Sucks. 

20 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Sting ;__;

A really depressing end to an amazing career. WWE didn't know how to write him for shit and the man himself seemed uninspired.

I don't think they "didn't know how to write" Sting, I think they were deliberately burying him as a final fuck you to WCW. Sting seemed uninspired, for sure, but I think it was mostly that he knew what they were doing and had to go along with it. Regardless of what the motivation for it sucking was, though, still an awfully depressing way for an incredible career to end.

Smackdown last night was a total fucking waste. At this point, Smackdown is just a Raw clipshow with a few promos and repeat matches. Did we really need Dolph vs. Miz again? Or another New Day/League of Booty one-on-one? The KO/AJ match was a great one and could have made the whole show worth it, but the Y2J run-in ruined it.

I think it's pretty obvious what the best match of Wrestlemania weekend in Dallas is going to be: Nakamura debuting against Zayn at takeover. It will outclass any match on the main Mania card for sure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I think it's pretty obvious what the best match of Wrestlemania weekend in Dallas is going to be: Nakamura debuting against Zayn at takeover. It will outclass any match on the main Mania card for sure.

I really don't want to see Nakmura get buried on the main roster. It's coming :(. He's supposedly though the first person to get signed for NXT that's making main roster/main event money. So they didn't get him cheap.

I think they've already harmed Zayn. You don't introduce someone who's supposed to "do something" then have them struggle to win their first two matches against jobbers like Stardust and The Miz. No wonder the crowd lost interest after he actually started wrestling.

I can't believe there aren't many who are happy to see Shane yet, that realize that he's a 46 years old non wrestler who's going to have the freckin Undertaker at Wrestlemania selling his punches.

Maybe Shane gets beat down all match long and then takes a tombstone piledriver and when Undertaker goes to pin him he lays on his back, puts Shane's arm across his chest and the ref counts 1, 2, 3 and Shane gets the win and Undertaker shows he's nobody's bitch hahaha!  Not my theory but heard it on what culture and thought Hmmm... interesting. 

4 hours ago, axlslash said:

The KO/AJ match was a great one and could have made the whole show worth it, but the Y2J run-in ruined it.

You needed Jericho to ruin it though. Neither one could win or lose clean on fucking Smackdown of all places so it had to be a DQ and with Jericho getting involved it makes sense in the AJ vs Y2J feud leading to WM.  Personally I think it was dumb to have two big stars who we'd all like to see fued down the road have a throw away match on Smackdown. 

Edited by Bono

1 hour ago, Bono said:

You needed Jericho to ruin it though. Neither one could win or lose clean on fucking Smackdown of all places so it had to be a DQ and with Jericho getting involved it makes sense in the AJ vs Y2J feud leading to WM.  Personally I think it was dumb to have two big stars who we'd all like to see fued down the road have a throw away match on Smackdown. 

Oh I totally agree. If you're doing that match, Jericho needs to interfere. Can't be Zayn since he's the face in his feud. But having the match at all as such a pointless mile-marker on the road to Wrestlemania is useless. Those two will meet further down the road, and this was an unfortunate false start to what will hopefully be a long and storied history between them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

So 2 weeks in a row now... Is reigns done entering through the crowd? 

they can't have him entering through the crowd when he's being booed out of the buildings doesn't make sense. In Philadelphia of all places too. They'd probably throw hotdogs and beer on him haha. 

• Like 1

Supposedly the Observer was told WWE were "experimenting" hence the ramp entrance. He entered from the audience at Mania last year and was booed, people tried to shove him on the way past so it's not a logistical thing. He's probably turning heel.

Taker is also probably losing his last mania match to Shane. Surprised there isn't more fuss being kicked up about the retirement angle. Cena seems the most likely culprit with Cena vs. Taker at SummerSlam. So Summerslam this year at least looks interesting. If Cena does cost Taker the match, I don't think they'd book it as a heel turn.

People enjoying A.J. vs. Owens II already in the space of a week with the same finish? This is why PPV's were damaged pre network, who wants to pay to see the same match for the 9th time.

Edited by AtariLegend

AJ vs Owens II is a complete waste of time. They've already diluted what could've been a great fued down the road but to throw them into meaningless action against each other twice in the last week is insanely dumb.

I hope Undertaker loses. I don't know I just do. It would be cool to say you were there at one of his two mania loses. Him winning means jack shit and at least if he loses it opens it up for some alternate story lines at least for a little while. Him winning comes with no new storyline.