Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

5 minutes ago, Bono said:

Where the fuck is Paige? She's the only Diva I actually liked and she's MIA. 

Reports a couple months back when she tapped clean to Charlotte were that Vince and co. had soured on her. It's weird - she's front and center in the WrestleMania Snickers ad campaign, but totally gone from TV

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Reports a couple months back when she tapped clean to Charlotte were that Vince and co. had soured on her. It's weird - she's front and center in the WrestleMania Snickers ad campaign, but totally gone from TV

yeah it totally sucks. For a short while she was the best thing on RAW. How does someone fall out of favour so fast.  I now everyone loves Sasha Banks but I can't stand her. I find her really lame. I've warmed up to Heel Charlotte though. It works.  

I wonder if when Paige dropped those "pipe bomb" promos if they didn't like it cause it was too real?  Fans loved it. 

Edited by Bono

1 hour ago, Bono said:

yeah it totally sucks. For a short while she was the best thing on RAW. How does someone fall out of favour so fast.  I now everyone loves Sasha Banks but I can't stand her. I find her really lame. I've warmed up to Heel Charlotte though. It works.  

I wonder if when Paige dropped those "pipe bomb" promos if they didn't like it cause it was too real?  Fans loved it. 

That's entirely possible. She doesn't seem like too much of a diva (pun half intended), so I don't know what pushed them. I agree, though, heel Paige was a breath of fresh air: a woman wrestler who could really work and who was all kinds of awesome on the mic. I hope they're just retooling her to push post-Mania. The women's division really isn't deep, so what do you do with a championship-caliber woman when she's not in the title picture? Hopefully that's all this is.

I don't care for Sasha's whole "The Boss" gimmick, but she and Becky are absolute dynamite in the ring together. The triple threat is actually one of the matches I'm most looking forward to at Mania now, along with Zayn/KO (reuniting the best feud NXT ever produced). Brock/Ambrose will be ok but will take some selling to make it anything more than squash, HHH/Reigns will flop unless there's a surprise coming (be it run-in or Ambrose winning at Roadblock). Y2AJ pt 4 will be good, but feels like they need to end the feud and move AJ on to bigger and better things - though props to Jericho for coming back on a more regular basis to get AJ over. But yeah, I think Jericho/Styles, KO/Zayn, and the divas match will probably be the best technical wrestling of the night. Then we'll get a 90s throwback bump-fest from Taker and Shane. 

5 minutes ago, bran said:

i'm starting to really dig charlotte's heel character as well. the only time i give a shit about womens wrestling is when its sasha/becky/paige/charlotte. 

Brie's been ok of late, too, but definitely not on level with the others

10 minutes ago, moreblack said:

And seriously what kind of security force are you if 4 of you can't take down a 46 yr old man?

Even when they had X Pac ect. sell for Shane, he was never made to look like Brock Lesnar. With Kane/Angle ect it was always interference or some weapons gimmick that was there to lend itself to the concept that Shane wouldn't get squashed. 

I know people like that Shane is back, but just think... Shane getting these pops and the acceptance that he's going to just go to Wrestlemania to wrestle Undertaker like he's a returning Shawn Michaels means Vince is going to feel completely justified with having shoved the McMahons down everyone's throats for years.

Promoting the Wrestlemania 2000 main event as a McMahon in every corner, those Vince vs. Shane matches and even that Vince vs. Stephanie match a decade ago, the Authority ect. all justified now.

This does not bode well for the future.

18 hours ago, axlslash said:

That's entirely possible. She doesn't seem like too much of a diva (pun half intended), so I don't know what pushed them. I agree, though, heel Paige was a breath of fresh air: a woman wrestler who could really work and who was all kinds of awesome on the mic. I hope they're just retooling her to push post-Mania. The women's division really isn't deep, so what do you do with a championship-caliber woman when she's not in the title picture? Hopefully that's all this is.

Yeah the thing with Paige was she was different and like you said she was great on the mic. By far the best female they have on the mic I thought. The Diva's division is totally lacking something without her for sure and hopefully that's what it is. They're retooling her for a push post Mania. Sucks though cause I wanted to see her in person haha.  

17 hours ago, axlslash said:

Brie's been ok of late, too, but definitely not on level with the others

I might be the only one but I liked the Bella twins. They're good heels. Bri as a face is kinda weird and I get why people are cheering her now but it's weird. I laughed so hard last night when she screamed Bri Mode. Like WTF is Bri Mode? haha.  As much as people hated her the women's divison misses Nikki. She's better wrestler and better on the mic than Bri and she's that perfect character that people like to hate. They need her back. 

And why the fuck would they not have this on the show? They're wasting the talent of Ziggler big time. No clue why they hold that guy back. When he cashed in and won the title that was one fo the biggest pops from the crowd ever. Yet there he is always losing and never cutting real promos. This promo should've been on RAW last night. Not the after show on the network. 

He still

12 hours ago, Bono said:

And why the fuck would they not have this on the show? They're wasting the talent of Ziggler big time. No clue why they hold that guy back. When he cashed in and won the title that was one fo the biggest pops from the crowd ever. Yet there he is always losing and never cutting real promos. This promo should've been on RAW last night. Not the after show on the network. 

It's a good promo, and probably should've been on the show, but christ talk about being stale. I'm sure it's no fault of his own, but he really needs a change. The whole Motley Crue isn't working at all and with the talent they've got around, he's never going to crack the main event so he needs to get something started that can make him a high midcarder again. I hope it happens, because I'd love to see him work with Sami Zayn and AJ Styles, but Ziggler is considerably less of a commodity than he was two or three years ago.

Sometimes the best thing is for guys to take 6 months off.  let people miss them. John cena always gets booed but he's gonna get a massive pop when he returns. they'd be smart to keep him out well after Wrestlemania too i think. have him come back end of June or so and build somthing towards Summerslam.  Ziggler should disappear after WM for a good 6 months. retool his gimmick and come back. 

7 minutes ago, Bono said:

Sometimes the best thing is for guys to take 6 months off.  let people miss them. John cena always gets booed but he's gonna get a massive pop when he returns. they'd be smart to keep him out well after Wrestlemania too i think. have him come back end of June or so and build somthing towards Summerslam.  Ziggler should disappear after WM for a good 6 months. retool his gimmick and come back. 

If they're really going with a brand split and roster shake-up, maybe let Ziggler spend some time at NXT. He's a great technical wrestler and super over, but they don't have a main roster job for him right now other than this nonsense with Miz. Send him over to NXT where the more technical wrestlers are and maybe let him work with Nakamura and Samoa Joe and some of those folks for a bit, build a following, then bring him back to the main roster as a Zayn-esque "OMG" moment.

You can't put Cena back on the shelf after Mania if he's healthy. The company definitely needs a big face at the top of the roster again besides Roman, and Cena can handle it. Fuck the smarks, he's over as over gets, sells merch, and is the face of the company. If he can go every day, he needs to go every day.

• Like 1

my guess for wrestlemania is seth rollins goes face and costs triple h the title, kind of a last ditch effort to get over reigns.

i think a lot of run ins happen during shane vs undertaker. i think shane and taker will be incapacitated, vince will come down to beat on shane some more, when stone cold comes down and stunners vince, putting shane on top of the undertaker for the win.

On 07/03/2016 at 3:59 PM, Bono said:

17 hours ago, bran said:

my guess for wrestlemania is seth rollins goes face and costs triple h the title, kind of a last ditch effort to get over reigns.

i think a lot of run ins happen during shane vs undertaker. i think shane and taker will be incapacitated, vince will come down to beat on shane some more, when stone cold comes down and stunners vince, putting shane on top of the undertaker for the win.

On 07/03/2016 at 3:59 PM, Bono said:

I'm not sure of the time table for Rollin's return but does anyone think maybe, just maybe Rollins returns to screw Roman or HHH in the main event?  I'm starting to think the best thing for them to do is somehow, someway have Ambrose go over on Lesnar.  Rollins screws Roman to start a Roman vs Rollins fued which would make perfect sense because Rollins could be mad at Roman for "stealing" his limelight while he was injured. Ambrose fresh off the win over Brock demands a rematch with HHH, Brock goes on to fued with Wyatt and the family....... Ambrose eventually gets the belt of HHH, Rollins wins his fued with Roman and sets up a huge Ambrose vs Rollins at Summerslam......

I'm just thinking out loud. Of course all that would depend on Rollin's time table to return and I can't remember what that is. 

I Honestly don't think there's any way to get the fans to cheer for Roman at Wrestlemania. Even if Seth helps him win I think fans are still gonna boo and boo loudly.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bono said:

Where is HBK in all of this? He need to be there. It's Texas. Him and Stone Cold will be there for sure in some way. 

i think me may run in the title fight, just seems like a lot of run ins and bullshit will happen in the main event and the shane/taker match.

10 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

I like how Ziggler is the king of backstage promos but his ones in the ring are always shit

Almost as if he doesn't have terrible writers for the Raw fallout show. This is why Owens, New Day and Ziggler are able to show some actual character in these.

On 3/8/2016 at 9:55 PM, Bono said:

I now everyone loves Sasha Banks but I can't stand her. I find her really lame. 

They've misshandled her main roster move so badly it's infuriating. Her work on NXT in the ring alone was blowing away everything on the main roster for the past year, before they moved her over for no reason and DID NOTHING with her.
Now they've got her as a tweener face which doesn't work for her, and everyone wants to see her making kids cry again.

tumblr_nvw2k9aWLN1sj4xr4o2_500.gif

uP4f8Pj.gif

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 2