Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

11 minutes ago, Bono said:

Shane is probably there to buy them time while Cena decides whether or not he'll be good to go. Cena has been hinting at a match vs Taker for Mania but who knows. he's injured so... maybe cena's vague tweets and shit was to throw people off the Shane-O-Mac trail?  Watch at the last second Cena will substitute for Shane in the HIAC match. Beat the crap outta Taker, turn heel too. 

HHH I think WILL get massive cheers at Wrestlemania. Roman is gonna get booed like crazy. They should book HHH to win(hopefully clean or without outside help) retain the belt, have Ambrose pull off a miracle or at least do well enough to warrant another match vs Brock, then have Rollins return to face HHH and get the belt back and then have Ambrose somehow beat Brock and then feud with Rollins for the title. 

I think you're almost certainly right about H getting the crowd support. Just look at last night - Hunter was doing the classic heel run-in and beat down on Roman, and the crowd was chanting "Trip-ple H!" the whole time. He's going to have the crowd.

Neither Roman or Hunter make much sense carrying the strap out of Mania... How do you shoehorn another match in. Money-in-the-bank match between now and then? Just have a challenge at the end of Mania? Somehow have someone force a Triple Threat? Shane beats Taker, becomes HHH's "boss," then forces him into an immediate defense? Not sure how you do it, but that match is going to be a trainwreck if it ends with one of the two holding the strap.

As for Cena, I'm not sure story-wise how he gets in the match even if he's healthy. The purpose of the match is Vince forcing  Shane, and presumably Vince wouldn't give Shane control of Raw because of Cena winning. Also, it'd be an awfully big gamble to risk actually now having to put Shane-O-Mac in the cell with Taker if Cena isn't ready, and Hell in a Cell as a first match post-injury would be idiotic for Cena. I think Shane vs Undertaker might actually be what we get..... ugh.

36 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

They're not bringing Shane back just to swap him out for someone else.

My dream scenario is Vince (or possibly Rollins, even though the night is young with his rehab) interfere to attack Shane, then Sting appears and attacks Taker to balance the scales, and Shane hits the elbow drop to score the victory. 

They could even have a good vs. evil vs. anti-hero thing with Kane, Vince, and Sting. Taker somehow goes full heel, Kane interferes to give Shane advantage, Vince interferes to give Taker advantage, then Sting does the chaotic neutral thing and puts Shane on top of Taker.

Alternatively, I wouldn't be surprised if Taker attacks Vince and lets Shane beat him as some sort of penultimate "doing the favors for the better good" type situation.

Guaranteed if Cena is good to go they will swap out Shane. Shane's importance isn't in a match with Taker(although it's cool) and the opportunity to have Cena vs Taker this year would be way too appealing. Plus it would allow Undertaker to go out this year if he chooses and not have to wait around till next year to do it. 

25 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I think you're almost certainly right about H getting the crowd support. Just look at last night - Hunter was doing the classic heel run-in and beat down on Roman, and the crowd was chanting "Trip-ple H!" the whole time. He's going to have the crowd.

Neither Roman or Hunter make much sense carrying the strap out of Mania... How do you shoehorn another match in. Money-in-the-bank match between now and then? Just have a challenge at the end of Mania? Somehow have someone force a Triple Threat? Shane beats Taker, becomes HHH's "boss," then forces him into an immediate defense? Not sure how you do it, but that match is going to be a trainwreck if it ends with one of the two holding the strap.

As for Cena, I'm not sure story-wise how he gets in the match even if he's healthy. The purpose of the match is Vince forcing  Shane, and presumably Vince wouldn't give Shane control of Raw because of Cena winning. Also, it'd be an awfully big gamble to risk actually now having to put Shane-O-Mac in the cell with Taker if Cena isn't ready, and Hell in a Cell as a first match post-injury would be idiotic for Cena. I think Shane vs Undertaker might actually be what we get..... ugh.

I actually think a badass HHH heel run one last time would go over quite well and the place will love it if he walks out with the belt. It's gotta be him though. You can't have Roman walk out of Mania with the belt and have 100 000 people booing their asses off. 

If and it's a big IF Cena manages to get healthy in time the story could easily be made out of the blue however it would be. Before last night people would say How on earth would Shane vs Taker in a HIAC match work story wise :lol: Cena is too biga  name not to have wrestle at Wrestlemania and he's not gonna be wasted on some midcarder if he's healthy. The only match at this point that would make sense would be Undertaker really. 

Still I don't actually think that will happen. It will be Shane and I think and hope Shane wins. Undertaker's streak is gone so he might as well help them progress the story and take one for the team.  Shane could win by any number or ways. Taker doesn't have to lose "clean" but he should lose for the benefit of the future storylines. 

Well it looks like they've done something stupid and given away the result of Shane vs. Taker... in that they're advertising Monday Night RAW vs. WWE for future events via ticketmaster later in the year.

Completely ridiculous. It could be a red herring, but considering this is the same company that regularly gives away who the champion is in event listing 80% of the time... it's probably not.

I have no interest in another version of a brand extension angle. Fuck that.

Edited by AtariLegend

I was quickly flicking through old stuff on the network when I noticed Triple H's over-the-top, but cool "For Whom The Bells Toll" entrance music from Mania a few years back has been replaced by very generic music that has the same bells tolling. It really ruins the moment.

I guess Lars was greedy, but it's weird considering there's PPV's where certain music by artists like "Limp Bizit" ect. still remains.

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually liked the music that they created to replace Steamboat's music from Mania 3.

12 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Well it looks like they've done something stupid and given away the result of Shane vs. Taker... in that they're advertising Monday Night RAW vs. WWE for future events via ticketmaster later in the year.

Completely ridiculous. It could be a red herring, but considering this is the same company that regularly gives away who the champion is in event listing 80% of the time... it's probably not.

I have no interest in another version of a brand extension angle. Fuck that.

Storyline-wise, Shane winning was pretty much the only way for them to go. I couldn't see him losing develope in any sort of angle, so it would make no sense. 

But I'm against any form of brand extension too. The roster is too weak as it is. Brand extensions don't build more stars. Better booking does that. I suppose it also could be a WCW/NWO struggle for power kind of thing though. And I'm much more ok with that. Plus, WWE already has a very strong B-brand with a loyal and strong following. It's called NXT. That's where they (Triple H) are (very succesfully) building new stars. The fact that they (Vince) then ruin them on the main roster is not something a brand extension would fix. 

And it still bothers me that Vince just throws in Taker somewhere without any explenation in the storylines why Taker would side with Vince and why Vince has any control over him. Seems too much like panic-booking. 

WWE should cancell Smackdown and make RAW a must see program again. Smackdown has been a horrible joke for about 10 years basically.  I see people talking about sl=plitting the brand between RAW ad Smackdown and hoenstly at thsi point in time that would be a nail in the coffin for WWE. Cancelling Smackdown would be a much better way to go. 

14 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

Through all the smoke and whistles, Taker is a company guy who does his job. If he's put in a match against Shane at Wrestlemania,he'll defend his Wrestlemania record against Shane. That's how I justify it in kayfabe. 

That's their way around it I guess. "I don't give a shit about the authority, but if you think I'm going down without a fight then you've another thing coming", or something to that effect. I assume this is the set up to Cena vs Undertaker, but something that could be interesting is if Undertaker refuses to be the Authority's puppet, and ends up being on the side of Shane. Then, enter Cena, commence the heel. 

24 minutes ago, Conor said:

That's their way around it I guess. "I don't give a shit about the authority, but if you think I'm going down without a fight then you've another thing coming", or something to that effect. I assume this is the set up to Cena vs Undertaker, but something that could be interesting is if Undertaker refuses to be the Authority's puppet, and ends up being on the side of Shane. Then, enter Cena, commence the heel. 

You guys aren't wrong and it's plausible. But imo it's also lazy storytelling to just let the fans assume this. 

Unless next RAW Taker comes out and tells Vince why the hell would I do this for you. What would be acceptable too. But not adressering it at all is lazy writing. 

4 hours ago, username said:

You guys aren't wrong and it's plausible. But imo it's also lazy storytelling to just let the fans assume this. 

Unless next RAW Taker comes out and tells Vince why the hell would I do this for you. What would be acceptable too. But not adressering it at all is lazy writing. 

Which is exactly why it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe HBK comes out and screws Shane and helps Undertaker win even after Cena has interfered. HBK gets huge heat and then in the main event HBK comes out again and screws Reigns and HHH wins and HBK gets huge heat again? Maybe? 

HBK needs to sweet chin music somebody though. I'll be pissed if he doesn't haha!

Seen the rumors that Mania sold less than 70K tickets so far and is unlikely to magically sell another 30K in a month legitimately. This could be embarrassing if they end up with sections being visibly not filled, but at least it'd send a message.

Been watching some Nakmura matches over the last day. Yes, he's awesome.

...And as much as I'd love to see a Lesnar/Nakmura match at Mania 33 it's not going going to happen. Vince will see this guy walk through the door and think he needs to be a bit wackier to get over. He's not going to be get a chance to work his style in WWE and he'll be lucky if he get's many matches over 10 minutes (even if he can do wonders in 10 minutes). He'll be booked to lose as much as he wins. When he get's cheered despite the stupid booking (ala Cesaro) they'll bury just because.

Anyway notice A.J. Styles taking this "pitbull" gimmick a little too seriously? It's not even the commenators this time (like Cole with Bryan when he started) complaining about him non stop. He himself keeps talking about how "he isn't the biggest guy" like his dream was to emulate Rey Mysterio or something. He's also been there for a month... lost clean, had someone kick out of his finisher and be put into a tag team because they couldn't be bothered doing something else with him.

RAW made such an impression that nobody has anything to say haha

Fuck they are horrible at booking things. How the fuck does Dolph lose to The Miz in barely a minute and lose clean?  the end of Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch was so fucking awful. Undertaker just basically agreeing to do the job for Vince.  Stephanie's stupid acceptance speech for her "legacy award". No Shane, No Brock, No Roman.  Triple H and Ambrose in a fued now for the title? WHAT THE FUCK?   Fans boo the shit out of Authority Triple H but cheer the shit out of The Game haha! Wrestlemania is gonna be so fucked up. 

Man, it's like they're actively trying to do the worst booking in the world. 

I think they're actually trying to make the crowd hate Trips by having him dismantle Ambrose in the hope that they'll hate Trips enough to cheer Reigns. Which they won't. 
I wonder how they'll build Ambrose/Lesnar while they're also using Ambrose to try and make the crowd hate Trips at the same time. Seems difficult. 

Also utterly disappointed about the way they're booking Taker. It's just SO lazy. 

Is AJ and Jericho vs New Day set for Mania yet? Seems like it. I want AJ in a singles match. This blows. 

I'd be OK with Sasha/Becky/Charlotte in a triple threat at Mania though. 

So, Mania card: 

HHH vs. Reigns
Taker vs. Shane
Ambrose vs. Brock
Sasha vs. Becky vs. Charlotte
AJ & Jericho vs. New Day
Titans vs. Wyatt Family 
Owens vs. ??? 
Kalisto vs. ??? 

Why not just AJ-Owens? I'd like that match... 

They're also stupid for not having Balor defend the NXT title at Mania, even if it's just in a pre-show. Amazing chance to give the NXT product extra exposure. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Brock is still apparently working with Harper at the Toronto show. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ambrose get his title shot at that, we might yet get a a triple threat main event. Reigns could screw Ambrose out of the title in Toronto. Or they're just having Ambrose/HHH carry the feud for Reigns because he's pants.

The fact they are trying so hard to get the crowd to hate Triple H will make the crowd cheer him even more at Wrestlemania.  To be honst it's kinda cool how he has two characters going at the exact same time. One the crowd absolutely hate and one they love and it's the same damn guy playing the same role haha.  At this point I honestly think triple H needs to be the champ going into Wrestlemania so we all know Ambrose will lose and if he loses because Roman screws him that's so lazy as well.  No reason for Roman to screw him since he gets a title shot at Mania regardless. 

I think they are totally fucking up with Dolph.  Not having Brock or Shane on RAW was so weak. 

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

I know he's never been great on the mic but Taker was embarrassingly awful. 

What a mess. 

His little 1 or 2 sentences were so stupid and Vince calling Taker his "Insturment fo destruction" is so idiotic. None of it makes any sense. Booking shit probably ten minutes before they go on air haha