Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

wade barrett has given his notice to the wwe, he will not re-sign with the company. always felt he was underused and his bad news barrett gimmick was quite good. cena burying him(literally under a pile of chairs) in 2011(iirc) was awful.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2016 at 4:14 PM, bran said:

wade barrett has given his notice to the wwe, he will not re-sign with the company. always felt he was underused and his bad news barrett gimmick was quite good. cena burying him(literally under a pile of chairs) in 2011(iirc) was awful.

Barrett leaving the WWE? You could say that's some pretty.... Bad News.

I'll see myself out.

• Like 2

So apparently they offered Shawn Michaels a lot of money to wrestle in the Rumble. I've always been against him coming back cause I like the fact he was able to walk away the way he did BUT if he were to ever come back , more Wrestlemania match vs Undertaker would be pretty fucking awesome and to do it in Texas as close to his home as possible would be awesome. The streak is over so they could even book the Showstopper to win. In my perfect world The Undertaker would do all the promo leading up to it, challenging whoever like an open challenge with nobody accepting and then at WM day Undertaker comes out first and waits and then HBK's music hits. The place would go fucking nuts.  It would be awesome. 1 last 5 star match for Taker, one last hurrah for Michaels. Plus I'd be at Wrestlemania so that's why it makes the most sense :lol:

The storyline fo HBKs return would work though with nobody stepping up he'd be justified in coming out of retirement for one last crack at Undertaker.  Although it would be a hard build up with no opponent for Taker to verbally jab with. 

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Bono said:

So apparently they offered Shawn Michaels a lot of money to wrestle in the Rumble. I've always been against him coming back cause I like the fact he was able to walk away the way he did BUT if he were to ever come back , more Wrestlemania match vs Undertaker would be pretty fucking awesome and to do it in Texas as close to his home as possible would be awesome. The streak is over so they could even book the Showstopper to win. In my perfect world The Undertaker would do all the promo leading up to it, challenging whoever like an open challenge with nobody accepting and then at WM day Undertaker comes out first and waits and then HBK's music hits. The place would go fucking nuts.  It would be awesome. 1 last 5 star match for Taker, one last hurrah for Michaels. Plus I'd be at Wrestlemania so that's why it makes the most sense :lol:

The storyline fo HBKs return would work though with nobody stepping up he'd be justified in coming out of retirement for one last crack at Undertaker.  Although it would be a hard build up with no opponent for Taker to verbally jab with. 

As much as I would love all of that, I want HBK to be the guy who walked away with his head up high more. I'd hate to see him go all Ric Flair. 

Plus, f he WOULD come back, I imagine WWE would promote the living fuck out of it to boost buyrates instead of making it a surprise. Too much money involved, so they'd want to be sure to get it back. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2016 at 5:32 PM, username said:

No thank you. Should have known from the moment that he said Naomi is underrated :no:.

Really Undertaker vs. Cena is the only viable dream match (for the sake of it) left that would have a chance at being decent if Cena was fit.

Michael is awesome, but he's already had his grand exit twice. I think it'd hurt his legacy to come back out of retirement, just like everyone else did.

Would Angle even pass the Medical?

I was a Goldberg fan, even though they damaged him in his run years back. That said, him vs. Taker would not be good at this point, it's a decade too late. 

Even though some of us would like to tick Sting/Taker of the list too, it's too late. Even if it wasn't, well Sting has lost and been made to look ridiculous every time he's been on a WWE PPV.

Already seen Batista/Taker, it was good... but already done it and Rock would be facing Lesnar instead if he had the insurance to wrestle.

Edited by AtariLegend

Tuned in and caught majority of styles and jericho. Seemed an alright match. 

Main event was good aside from lolreigns winning. Sucks that we'll probably ge Lesnar wasted on Wyatt. Match idea just isn't doing anything for me. 

Fans gunna shit all over Mania main event. Can't wait. Save the event and have Triple H win, then have Rollins return face right after the match and go for Triple H. Drop Reigns further down the roster. Only way to make the main event work IMO. 

Notes:

-Pleasantly surprised Big Show/Ryback/Kane won

-Best Jericho match in forever, did exactly what it set out to in "legitimizing AJ" in WWE

-Lesnar/Ambrose/Reigns was fucking awful even though it didn't have the predictable Wyatt interference. Maybe they're going a different route, what with Wyatts losing and all

Edited by bacardimayne

10 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

Notes:

-Pleasantly surprised Big Show/Ryback/Kane won

-Best Jericho match in forever, did exactly what it set out to in "legitimizing AJ" in WWE

-Lesnar/Ambrose/Reigns was fucking awful even though it didn't have the predictable Wyatt interference. Maybe they're going a different route, what with Wyatts losing and all

Well.... cena did tweet an Undertaker picture..... 

How the fuck can they have the Wyatts lose to Kane and Big Show and goofball Ryback? The Wyatts and Bray have just been ruined over and over again by fucking horrible booking. What dot hey accomplish by putting over Big Show and Kane? And Ryback fucking sucks. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bono said:

How the fuck can they have the Wyatts lose to Kane and Big Show and goofball Ryback? The Wyatts and Bray have just been ruined over and over again by fucking horrible booking. What dot hey accomplish by putting over Big Show and Kane? And Ryback fucking sucks. 

Agreed. It's beyond stupid. 

Gotta figure Triple H might, might  get the loudest cheers of his career at Wrestlemania and Reigns is gonna be booed mercilessly. What a totl fuck up. They want Reigns as the babyface and it's back firing on them huge. Triple H is gonna be the favourite for sure! :lol:

14 minutes ago, Bono said:

Gotta figure Triple H might, might  get the loudest cheers of his career at Wrestlemania and Reigns is gonna be booed mercilessly. What a totl fuck up. They want Reigns as the babyface and it's back firing on them huge. Triple H is gonna be the favourite for sure! :lol:

I'm sure Trips is devastated to know that he is gonna get huge cheers from a record crowd at Mania ;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bono said:

15 minutes ago, sturginho said:

I'm sure Trips is devastated to know that he is gonna get huge cheers from a record crowd at Mania ;)

Authority face-turn imminent! Get ready for Steph to kiss babies and pet puppies. 

But this is Daniel Bryan all over again. Face-Ambrose winning despite a big Reigns heel-turn and then going into a feud together after Mania, it was RIGHT THERE. All Vinnie had to do is run with it. 

Edited by username