Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Having read the recaps, there isn't a single match that I want to see in full, other than the women's division matches to be honest. I do want to see the Ambrose/Reigns combo suplex, but couldn't care less about the rest of that match.

And here's the spot: http://imgur.com/gallery/wodPPAL/new

Edited by axlslash

You're really testing the Wrestlemania sells itself gimmick when your trying to get legitimately 100,000 plus in one Stadium when the main event features Triple H vs. someone who makes Lashely and Lurger look like Steve Austin. They'll probably late panic and shovel in Ambrose as a late panic, but it won't make a difference.

Almost everyone on the roster losses more than they win and should be a mathematical improbability, but they accomplished. 

I hope the crowd doesn't treat the main event like Cena/HHH a decade ago, because WWE would be fine with that. The crowd treating the match like Goldberg vs. Lesnar would send a message though.

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

The company doesn't listen. 

Roman was booed at the Rumble with The Rock for goodness sakes. 

They will if it's the main event of a mania.

Cena vs. Triple H was a completely different scenario and the fans at least cheered for Triple H. If the fans cheer for Triple H this time, they'll be okay with it. 80-90K people (they'll never sell it out legit) chanting boring at both guys is a different story though.

6 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I have to admit, I found that swerve pretty awesome.

Who's Shane going to have face Taker? 

Are they finally listening to the fans?

I don't think that ANYONE saw this coming, and maybe it was an on the fly decision made due to the negative reaction to Fastlane.

Edited by The Real McCoy

It's like they've taken the "make brash decision after crowd reacts unfavorably to reigns winning lol" to a whole other level. Vince sacrificing his estranged son to the Undertaker to appease the marks. :lol:

Lesnar vs Ambrose was unexpected. Should be a great match ala most of Punk/Lesnar if they play it out right. Have Ambrose go full Foley and try to gouge his eyes out or something.

And honestly, I don't think HHH is going to get cheered at Mania. The crowd will be filled with smarks who hate HHH and would rather just boo everything than root for one of them. I predict a lot of fan service bullshit to happen in the match, like DX coming out and turning on HHH, to try and win the crowd over.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

I like Ambrose-Lesnar really. Should be a great match. And I like Taker-Shane. AJ vs Owens should be a great match too.

This means the Wyatts will probably continue the feud with Kane, Show and Ryback and beat them at wrestlemania. The ONLY good thing about that is that they'll win. 

Still hope the crowd completely hijacks and ruins the main event as it's shit and Vince deserves to have it shoved in his face. 

I'm all in favour of Shane being back and everything and the face of the anti-authority... but do I really want to see 46 year old Shane McMahon flop around for 51 year old Undertaker? More to the point, why would Undertaker even want to keep the authority in power? Is this his big retirement? Literally laying down for someone.

49 minutes ago, Conor said:

I'm all in favour of Shane being back and everything and the face of the anti-authority... but do I really want to see 46 year old Shane McMahon flop around for 51 year old Undertaker? More to the point, why would Undertaker even want to keep the authority in power? Is this his big retirement? Literally laying down for someone.

This. This really doesn't make ANY sense. I'm ok with the match as Taker really can't go that hard anymore anyway. But the logic of it is completely gone. Why is Taker Vince/Trips their puppet? 

4 hours ago, Conor said:

Also, are you Adam from WhatCulture? 

The possibilities of Shane are interesting though.. I mean... Shane vs Trips & Steph over power? Face Shane and heel Trips? Or a new brand-split? Or just Shane as the new GM and the entire Authority story ending? 

Edited by username

Shane is probably there to buy them time while Cena decides whether or not he'll be good to go. Cena has been hinting at a match vs Taker for Mania but who knows. he's injured so... maybe cena's vague tweets and shit was to throw people off the Shane-O-Mac trail?  Watch at the last second Cena will substitute for Shane in the HIAC match. Beat the crap outta Taker, turn heel too. 

HHH I think WILL get massive cheers at Wrestlemania. Roman is gonna get booed like crazy. They should book HHH to win(hopefully clean or without outside help) retain the belt, have Ambrose pull off a miracle or at least do well enough to warrant another match vs Brock, then have Rollins return to face HHH and get the belt back and then have Ambrose somehow beat Brock and then feud with Rollins for the title.