Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Bray was apparently legtimately injured and wasn't able to wrestle at Roadblock.  The ide aof Bray fueding with Brock and facing him at Wrestlemania sucks at this point. The idea of Bray going over is even worse. Not to toot my own horn but Ambrose going over Brock at Mania thanks to Bray and the Wyatt's interference is a WAY BETTER idea. It gets Ambrose a win and HUGE win it would be and it creates the motivation for Brock to fued with Bray going forward. 

I must be the only one who hates the idea of a Triple Threat match for the title at Mania. I don't dislike Roman enough to force a cliche match just so Ambrose can be involved They're way better served by having AMbrose stcik with Brock and Reigns and HHH going at it. HHH is in fantastic shape there's no reason why the main event can't be really good. Plus given the unknown of hw the fans will react gives that match an interesting dynamic. 

If Reigns goes over and wins the title you have Ambrose come down to celebrate and then turn "heel" by hitting the  dirty deeds. AT&T stadium would come unglued. If HHH keeps te title, which I think he should, you still have Ambrose come down and hit a dirty deeds on HHH and let the staidum go crazy that way. 

6 hours ago, axlslash said:

My take on RoadBlock:

-Keep the strap on Hunter. What a joy it is to watch him work. He's got heat, he's always over, he's great at making everyone he works with look good. The smarks hate him, but the hell with them. That is the consummate pro right there. When he goes so long without really competing, it's easy to forget that he simply has not lost a step. What a remarkable talent.

If this isn't sarcasm I 100% agree with you. I think HHH should leave restlemania the champ. The fans would cheer loudly  when he gets the in fall. Then ike I said have Ambrose sneak attack him and hit Dirty Deeds the place would go nuts. Either way if Reigns wins the title and that's how it ends Wrestlemania is going to end in a chrous of loud loud loud boos. 

27 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Bit of an unsurprising long-term spoiler:

Hidden Content

RAW is in Pittsburgh tonight too........ I'd love for Angle to return the RAW after Mania..... because I'll be there and I'm selfish. 

22 minutes ago, Bono said:

If this isn't sarcasm I 100% agree with you. I think HHH should leave restlemania the champ. The fans would cheer loudly  when he gets the in fall. Then ike I said have Ambrose sneak attack him and hit Dirty Deeds the place would go nuts. Either way if Reigns wins the title and that's how it ends Wrestlemania is going to end in a chrous of loud loud loud boos.

No sarcasm whatsoever. The Game is as good as it gets, and having him as the Brock-style champ where he's there regularly to cut promos but only wrestles on special occasions when he deems a challenger worthy keeps heat on him, keeps the title's cache, and makes him a part of the story beyond just as the executive character he's been of late.

• Like 1

Different for RAW to start with an actual match rather than a promo. I like it. Works way better. Get the fans into it and leave them with something still to anticipate later in the show.  Let's face it we still gotta have promos from Brock/Heyman, HHH, Ambrose, Taker/Shane, probably Reigns. No need to start the show with a promo. Good call on their part tonight. 

Anyone who still thinks HHH is going to be booed at Wrestlemania when facing Roman Reigns is gonna be sadly mistaken. The RAW crowd chanting TRIPLE H! TRIPLE H! TRIPLE H!  

HHH is cutting a sweet promo doing his best to turn the crowd against him but they aren't having it. They should be booing like crazy but they're just listening. If Roman comes out this is gonna flip on them so badly :lol:  HHH even told the crowd they LOVE Roman Reigns and they booed. This is fucking hilarious.  Anyone else watching this? Never seen a guy push so damn hard to be heel and the crowd's not having it.

Ziggler interupting.... that overall was a great promo.  HHH vs Ziggler on RAW.... Whaaaaaaaat?

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

This crowd sucks.

It's so, so stupid how they're utilizing Roman. Is he a heel now? Babyface's don't attack heels with chairs, etc. If he's a heel, he's not getting heel heat he's getting "I hate you Roman" heat. It's obvious they're building Trips up to be unbeatable only for Roman to beat him. But of course, HHH is burying the whole roster in the process. Awful. Roman is awful. This is awful.

You must've watched a different RAW than I did because it was GREAT. HHH in the position he's in is perfet right now and NO he's not burrying the entire roster. He didn't bury ambrose, Dolph looked strong and obviously Roman is going to in. Clearly they are trying to book Roman as baby face. Just listen to HHH's promo earlier. The fans are not going to buy it at all. They want Roman to lose and by default want HHH to win. The fans will dicttate who they cheer for. You can't book fan reaction so........ 

11 hours ago, alfierose said:

I don't usually read this thread but I just bought my son surprise tickets to one of the UK Wrestlemania Live tours. They weren't cheap so I was wondering if it's a good show/worth the money? He is a bit of a WWE nut so should be familiar with whatever goes on.

Is merch expensive (probably stupidly obvious question)?

I've only been a couple shows but going to one in Newcastle on the same tour, they're really good fun. It's really easy to let yourself get into it, and it's much more fun than any of the TV shows. It's just good silly entertainment for a few hours. I'm not sure about merch however, but I'd imagine it's the same as any touring band, maybe slightly more expensive for small items but I'd imagine t-shirts are the same (£15-20?). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

A 46 year old wrestler beating two upper level wrestlers in their prime is burying. It's just as embarrassing as Grandpa Undertaker trying to act tough. 

They probably see it as; the people playing those characters may be older now but that don't always mean the characters themselves necessarily have to be. 

12 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

A 46 year old wrestler beating two upper level wrestlers in their prime is burying. It's just as embarrassing as Grandpa Undertaker trying to act tough. 

Hunter is no dropping the strap on basic cable three weeks before Mania, especially not when the match isn't even in the main event slot. It's just not going to happpen. I thought he made Ziggler look phenomenal. Ziggler did as well as he possibly could once you accept as given that the belt is obviously not moving. That wasn't burying. If anything, that was putting over. It wasn't a squash, it was a PPV caliber title match.

I have no idea what they're doing with Roman. I get that the crowd's refusal to back him is putting them in a tough spot, but they just took their top face to about as deep heel as possible with that beatdown on Hunter. We'll see what happens, but that was super odd.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Babyface's don't go berserk and get revenge. It's not consistent with his character or being a face. 

We're likely not going to agree.  

No it's not. Ambrose wasn't burried. He got the pinfall. Dolph wasn't burried. He came off looking strng in the Main event of RAW againstt he champ. Just the other day on here people said Dolph is done. Looks to me WWE doesn't think so and are trying to work him into something down the road. Baby faces can and do go Beserk. It's not 1987. It makes perfect sense to see Roman go beserk after the beat down he recieved from HHH. Especially considering how much the fans cheered when HHH did it and how much fans clamour for the older days of Attitude era and Agression era. Makes 100% perfect sense for Roman to do what he did last night. 

We agree on the hilarity of Undertaker trying to act tough though. His eye liner is getting worse and worse haha. 

I hope Shane wins at Mania. Opens up many more story lines. Watch for Dolph to make an impact in that match and ppossibly interfere to help Shane. 

13 hours ago, username said:

Trips saying the crowd loves Reigns was the funniest moment on RAW in months. 

As the crowd boos when he said it. Was hilarious. It's almost as if they're just trolling the fans now

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Ziegler and Ambrose have been putting on good matches when given the opportunity.

It's not squashing because HHH beat them, it's squashing because they're 1-and-dones. They're not getting title shots in the future. Or at least anytime soon.

Its especially bad with Ambrose who is arguably over or at least close to it. It's killing his momentum. You don't book him in that match and now he's on the shelf until he loses to Brock.

In both situations, neither man has any power, HHH goes over, only to benefit Roman.

Ambrose isn't one and done. Where are you getting this from? How do you know Ambrose doesn't pull off a massive upset at Mania? How do you know he NVER gets a title shot again? All his close calls and near wins are leading to something. David vs Goliath at Mania va Brock and somehow if they're smart they'll book Ambrose to win. It won't hurt Brock and it will elevate Ambrse huge and allow him to feud with Roman. 

Ziggler is clearly being used for something. You don't have him fueding with Steph the last three weeks and then have a great Main event match on RAW with the champ to just forget him. H's being used and in my opinion he's going to play a part in the Taker vs Shane match. 

Maybe just dont  like HHH. If anything Ziggler and Ambrose have more momentum after their losses to HHH. That's the truth. 

The updated lineup for WWE Wrestlemania 32 on 4/3 in Arlington, Texas:

*WWE World Heavyweight champion Triple H vs. Roman Reigns.

*Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose: No Holds Barred Street Fight.

*Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker: Hell In A Cell, Shane gains control of Raw if he wins.

*WWE Divas champion Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch.

*AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho.

*WWE United States champion Kalisto vs. Ryback.

*WWE Tag Team champions The New Day vs. The League of Nations.

*The Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos.

*Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Expected:

*WWE Intercontinental champion Kevin Owens defending his championship, possibly in a multi-man match, against Sami Zayn and others.

*Brie Bella & Paige & Alicia Fox vs. Lana & Team Bad.

Meh... Sticking to the plans I suppose. 

Also, Stone Cold runs in and helps Shane beat Taker/Vince. Just to screw Vince over again. 

22 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I went to RAW in Pittsburgh on Monday and marked out before the show to meet Stephanie McMahon

steph16.jpg

Amazing! Did you have passes or anything, or just right place right time?

Also, when she's hanging around before the show, is she being her in-character self or the real friendly Steph? Would be curious how much she plays the character for the crowd when the cameras are off. 

Just now, axlslash said:

Amazing! Did you have passes or anything, or just right place right time?

Also, when she's hanging around before the show, is she being her in-character self or the real friendly Steph? Would be curious how much she plays the character for the crowd when the cameras are off. 

Nope,no passes just the right place at the right time. I missed HHH by about 30 minutes but I was cool with just meeting Steph. Let's just say there were about 25 fans in a place we probably shouldn't have been  and she couldn't have been any nicer as she took pics with and signed autographs for anyone who wanted them. She had every right to say no but didn't. I've had great experiences with wrestlers and not so great but I never take it personally since they are still human and could just be having a bad day. Also, since I've never seen her THAT up close in person before,HHH is a lucky guy. 

• Like 2

Bray Wyatt's out with a back injury, Neville's out for 2-3 months with a broken ankle..

Basically half the card is out in Mania season, what the fuck is Rocky doing during Wrestlemania anyway?  Just hosting or doing another awkward sketch with Rousey? :awesomeface:

6 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Nope,no passes just the right place at the right time. I missed HHH by about 30 minutes but I was cool with just meeting Steph. Let's just say there were about 25 fans in a place we probably shouldn't have been  and she couldn't have been any nicer as she took pics with and signed autographs for anyone who wanted them. She had every right to say no but didn't. I've had great experiences with wrestlers and not so great but I never take it personally since they are still human and could just be having a bad day. Also, since I've never seen her THAT up close in person before,HHH is a lucky guy. 

Good job HHH wasnt there with you having your arm round his wife! :D

Clean slate..... I probably posted these before but oh well. I'm getting pretty excited for my trip

My seats for Wrestlemania. Front row, first balcony.  Stage and entrance is on the right side I think. 

12516108_10156735798145397_2136830637_n.

My seats for Monday Night RAW the next night. Lower level row 16

12443005_10156735801190397_2109698192_n.

8 hours ago, Gackt said:

Bray Wyatt's out with a back injury, Neville's out for 2-3 months with a broken ankle..

Basically half the card is out in Mania season, what the fuck is Rocky doing during Wrestlemania anyway?  Just hosting or doing another awkward sketch with Rousey? :awesomeface:

I swear to god he's going to be there just to promote the new Baywatch movie he's doing. So lame. Nobody gives a fuck and it's a waste of time.  I hope I'm wrong and he's there for something actually good but I doubt it. 

If someone doesn't get hit with Sweet Chin Music though I'm gonna riot. 

48 minutes ago, Conor said:

Two quality seats there! As for The Rock getting hit with SCM, I'd be surprised, I don't think there's a lot of love between those two.

haha HBK hitting The Rock with sweet chin music would be awesome. That never even crossed my mind actually. I think the Rock though is there only for bullshit movie promotion but I think HBK has got to be involved in a run in with HHH vs Reigns or even maybe the Taker vs Shane match somehow.  Austin as well. maybe HBK vs Austin in the run in type scenario. Maybe Austin stuns Taker in one last attempt to screw Vince and then HBK hits Shane with Sweet Chin Music to help back his buddy HHH and keep the authority in power