"The X-Files" Returns (2min Trailer Out Now)

BangoSkank

X Files in a nutshell:

Mulder: They're out there, i know it, Little Janies story about the crop circles with the baby alien eggs in the middle has got to be true, it's just gotta be!

Scully: Lets think logically about this!

Mulder: It's gotta be, it's just gotta be!

Scully: Lets think logically about this

Mulder: You think I'm crazy don't you?

Mulder: NO!!!

To be continued..

X Files in a nutshell:

Mulder: They're out there, i know it, Little Janies story about the crop circles with the baby alien eggs in the middle has got to be true, it's just gotta be!

Scully: Lets think logically about this!

Mulder: It's gotta be, it's just gotta be!

Mulder: You think I'm crazy don't you?

Mulder: NO!!!

To be continued..

doesnt mulder end up being right though

I do remember when it first came out it was huge and there was this one episode everyone raved about, like the 4th or 5th one, i can't remember the name but there's like this shapeshifter type motherfucker in it. That one was quite good. The episode title i think has his name in it or is his name.

• Like 1

Is it with Mulder and Scully?

I don't know what they could write about that hasn't been done on the show before?

I did love this show so much. I remember watching it when no one cared and then it became this big hit. I liked the show when it had different monsters every week. Once the whole my sister was taken by aliens got boring to me. Then Mulder left the show and that was that.

I do remember when it first came out it was huge and there was this one episode everyone raved about, like the 4th or 5th one, i can't remember the name but there's like this shapeshifter type motherfucker in it. That one was quite good. The episode title i think has his name in it or is his name.

Tooms. Had that Yankee Jimmy Saville fella in it. The X Files was great when it was the one off monster of the week stories but the whole overarching conspiracy storylines were wank.

Fucking awesome.

Hopefully it deals with the 2012 arc that they planned to turn into a film for a decade, but ended up just making "I want to beileve" as a throw-away filler film instead. Thinking that they could milk the series and save the myth arc for a final film.

At least this isn't a reboot that was rumored.

• Like 1

Fucking awesome.

Hopefully it deals with the 2012 arc that they planned to turn into a film for a decade, but ended up just making "I want to beileve" as a throw-away filler film instead. Thinking that they could milk the series and save the myth arc for a final film.

At least this isn't a reboot that was rumored.

Agreed. "I Want To Believe" would've made a great hour-long episode, but it was not the thing to come back with when there's a few huge story threads hanging in the air.

To really show my lameness, I hope they address what's happened in the "Season 10" comics.

I loved the show but can't even remember now how it all ended. Never bothered to watch either of the movies. By all accounts they are a pile of steaming shit.

It ended very, very badly. The first movie is okay, second one not so much. I am geeking out a bit for this, but until someone confirms Darin Morgan (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE), Vince Gilligan or at least Glen Morgan and James Wong are on board, I won't hope for too much.

Edited by Angelica

The first film, if I recall, was basically a padded out especially boring episode of the show. I like the show by the way but pick the most boring episode then add two hours of chatter and that is basically the first film.

Well yes, that's true. :lol: The 'mytharc' was the weakest aspect of the show, and I don't trust Carter to have realized that.

I loved the show but can't even remember now how it all ended. Never bothered to watch either of the movies. By all accounts they are a pile of steaming shit.

It ended very, very badly. The first movie is okay, second one not so much. I am geeking out a bit for this, but until someone confirms Darin Morgan (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE), Vince Gilligan or at least Glen Morgan and James Wong are on board, I won't hope for too much.

I went and saw the first movie and don't remember a damn thing about it now.

I quite liked the second one though, sure it didn't have any aliens or monsters but I thought it was cool finally (?) seeing Fox and Dana together.

The first film, if I recall, was basically a padded out especially boring episode of the show. I like the show by the way but pick the most boring episode then add two hours of chatter and that is basically the first film.

Well yes, that's true. :lol: The 'mytharc' was the weakest aspect of the show, and I don't trust Carter to have realized that.

Strongly disagree about the myth arc especially in the first half of the shows run.

As for the first film, it was a big budget cash grab at the end of season 5 that summer to fill the gap to season 6. They ended the original myth-arc in the TV show half way through the 6th season 10 or so episodes later with 1 Father/2 Sons which made absouletely no sense why they didn't just do it in the film instead.

I know it was made up as they went along, but that mid season 6 final were almost all the bad guys end up dead and the aliens plot thwarted tied it all together. It's afterwards when they tried to reboot the arc that it started spinning on it's wheel's Mulder getting abducted and "super soliders" ect.

Edited by AtariLegend

X-files first 4 seasons were great, after that when the show's production moved to L.A. the episodes became more and more pastiche and the story arc absurd. I didn't see the last seasons till much later (I think around when "I want to Believe" came out). Duchovny bailing out on the show for a movie career that at that time went nowhere made for some badly written cameo appearances. The movies were ok, I like IWTB better than FTF but both failed to bring the paranoia/conspiracy factor of the series to the big screen.

In this day and age with all the NSA spying, drones (and 911 aftermath), it is a surprise to me an X-files reboot hasn't already happened. I honestly don't know what to expect from a new 6-parter series, like I said the formula felt worn out during those last seasons and I'm curious to see how Carter will update the series and the characters.

I read Fox was doing 6 shows and possibly more.

Dallas is having a Comic Con at then end of May and Gillian Anderson just signed on as a guest. I would love to meet her. I'm sure her line will be super long with fans. Also she'll probably be very expensive for an autograph and picture with her.

I read Fox was doing 6 shows and possibly more.

Dallas is having a Comic Con at then end of May and Gillian Anderson just signed on as a guest. I would love to meet her. I'm sure her line will be super long with fans. Also she'll probably be very expensive for an autograph and picture with her.

I have heard she likes a tipple.

gallery_main-gillian-anderson-drunk-01.j

Edited by DieselDaisy