Co-pilot DELIBERATELY Crashes Plane into Mountain!

Dazey

JMO but why not put a system in place where the pilot can be overridden from the ground or that the door can be unlocked from the ground tower and give plane to tower communication ability from the passenger cabin ?

Cuz then you make the terrorists job easier, just get in the fuckin' tower.

I am guessing there are ways to make it terrorist proof Lenny. At a minimum at least give the tower the ability to open the door remotely.

It's tragic when you know someone or know someone who knows someone caught up in one of these things.

I met the friend of that UN guy who's Air Malaysia flight from Holland got blasted out of the sky by the Russians, I can't even imagine the terror that happened there, but like that, this incident has too cost many innocent lives.

My schoolfriend and her husband were on that flight too. We were told passengers wouldn't have known a thing but someone on this forum in Ukraine said they were told people were alive when the plane was shot down and later on the news I heard some passengers had oxygen masks on.

So what's the real story there?

It's tragic when you know someone or know someone who knows someone caught up in one of these things.

I met the friend of that UN guy who's Air Malaysia flight from Holland got blasted out of the sky by the Russians, I can't even imagine the terror that happened there, but like that, this incident has too cost many innocent lives.

My schoolfriend and her husband were on that flight too. We were told passengers wouldn't have known a thing but someone on this forum in Ukraine said they were told people were alive when the plane was shot down and later on the news I heard some passengers had oxygen masks on.

So what's the real story there?

My family from Australia flew in on Air Malaysia to London and returned to Australia from Paris on that same airline, same week that flight got shot down too.

so Len what's your view on how to prevent this without giving the bad guys more access?

This is probably a stupid question but is there a key to the cockpit? If not shouldn't there be one in the galley maybe locked in a small safe with the key to that being available to the flight attendants?

It is shocking news and this had to be one sick individual (whatever his motive) to do such a thing. In retrospect it's good he didn't decide to crash the plane in a populated area.

It is sad that the security measures installed after 911 (the enclosed cockpit with limited access) is now what gave this man free reign to do this act. I somehow doubt if there had been a rule of 2 where the flight attendant had to stay, it would have made any difference as such an unsuspecting flight attendant might have been taken out as well. That's the whole argument people had when that guy started shooting in the packed movie theater; if someone would have carried a gun, could they have prevented it? Doubtful.

I had a suspicion this crash was a human error when it came out that no communication was made about any defect, but this outcome is incredibly hard to fathom. Nobody saw this coming.

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 1

so Len what's your view on how to prevent this without giving the bad guys more access?

This is probably a stupid question but is there a key to the cockpit? If not shouldn't there be one in the galley maybe locked in a small safe with the key to that being available to the flight attendants?

Honestly, women, you will insist on complicating things :lol:

• Like 1

Invent a pilot free plane, there's your answer. So uh, give us a couple of centuries more of evolution eh?

My bet is we're five years from this. I remember getting drunk with an American Airlines pilot in a Paris bar way back in 2006 (while watching the last Canadian team to make it to the Stanley Cup finals lose). He told me he did very little flying even back then. He was responsible for taking off, but for the most part, the planes flew themselves (even landed). I've got to figure that the technology is almost to the point, if not there already, where computers could fly the plane. If problems occur have a pilot in a command post to fly the thing remotely. We're only a few years from self-driving cars going mainstream, don't see the need for pilots to be flown by humans.

Invent a pilot free plane, there's your answer. So uh, give us a couple of centuries more of evolution eh?

My bet is we're five years from this. I remember getting drunk with an American Airlines pilot in a Paris bar way back in 2006. He told me he did very little flying even back then. He was responsible for taking off, but for the most part, the planes flew themselves (even landed). I've got to figure that the technology is almost to the point, if not there already, where computers could fly the plane. If problems occur have a pilot in a command post to fly the thing remotely. We're only a few years from self-driving cars going mainstream, don't see the need for pilots to be flown by humans.

Y'know what, i had a similar experience a long time ago. I can't sleep on flights so i just sit and read and I'm sitting and reading and this dude comes up to me and he's like what are you doin', w'sup, what you reading etc and we get to talking and I'm talking to this boy and he's like I'm one of the pilots and I'm like uh, should you not be up the front? And he's like no the other guys there etc etc and would you like to see the cockpit? So I'm like fuck it, nothing better to do. It's the strangest shit man, it's just all like this kinda curved fuckin' screen thing and you can't see fuckin' shit out there. So I'm like yeah, what the fuck man, ain't you supposed to be flying this thing and he's like no, actually the bulk of our work happens 40 minutes before take off and 40 minutes before landing.

Sounds fuckin' weird to me cuz you have flight paths and shit right? I guess the shit is all timed and like...y'know, it ain't like road traffic, shit ain't incidental, the boys in the control room probably know like X plane is gonna go X route at X time exactly.

Wanted to have a go though man. 'Welcome to Len Airlines, this is your pilot, MEEEEEEEE! Once we reach our cruising altitude I'm rackin' up a spliff, we'll stick some Wu Tang on and lets see if we can't get busy up in this motherfucker, can i get SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?' :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

My bet is we're five years from this. I remember getting drunk with an American Airlines pilot in a Paris bar way back in 2006. He told me he did very little flying even back then. He was responsible for taking off, but for the most part, the planes flew themselves (even landed). I've got to figure that the technology is almost to the point, if not there already, where computers could fly the plane. If problems occur have a pilot in a command post to fly the thing remotely. We're only a few years from self-driving cars going mainstream, don't see the need for pilots to be flown by humans.

Y'know what, i had a similar experience a long time ago. I can't sleep on flights so i just sit and read and I'm sitting and reading and this dude comes up to me and he's like what are you doin', w'sup, what you reading etc and we get to talking and I'm talking to this boy and he's like I'm one of the pilots and I'm like uh, should you not be up the front? And he's like no the other guys there etc etc and would you like to see the cockpit? So I'm like fuck it, nothing better to do. It's the strangest shit man, it's just all like this kinda curved fuckin' screen thing and you can't see fuckin' shit out there. So I'm like yeah, what the fuck man, ain't you supposed to be flying this thing and he's like no, actually the bulk of our work happens 40 minutes before take off and 40 minutes before landing.

Sounds fuckin' weird to me cuz you have flight paths and shit right? I guess the shit is all timed and like...y'know, it ain't like road traffic, shit ain't incidental, the boys in the control room probably know like X plane is gonna go X route at X time exactly.

Wanted to have a go though man. 'Welcome to Len Airlines, this is your pilot, MEEEEEEEE! Once we reach our cruising altitude I'm rackin' up a spliff, we'll stick some Wu Tang on and lets see if we can't get busy up in this motherfucker, can i get SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?' :lol:

Welcome to Len Airlines, next stop Paradise where I will have my forty virgins!!!

Also, curry will be served shortly, that is all.

• Like 1

Welcome to Len Airlines, next stop Paradise where I will have my forty virgins!!!

Also, curry will be served shortly, that is all.

But before all that, my mate Snakes would like to strip search your wives and daughters :lol: Caucasians need not apply :lol: Ain't it 70 virgins, why you tryna nick my fuckin' virgins you cunt? :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

It would be interesting whether having a pilot-less controlled aircraft would be more or less appealing to people. I wonder once the technology gets perfected whether airline companies will offer discounts for people to fly their pilot-less airplanes. I also wonder if there will come a time when people will look back and think its funny that we had people fly airplanes the same we look back and find it amusing that we had elevator operators at one point.

It would be interesting whether having a pilot-less controlled aircraft would be more or less appealing to people. I wonder once the technology gets perfected whether airline companies will offer discounts for people to fly their pilot-less airplanes. I also wonder if there will come a time when people will look back and think its funny that we had people fly airplanes the same we look back and find it amusing that we had elevator operators at one point.

It'd be interesting to know how un-manned drones work cuz it'd give you an idea of how much work had been done in that direction. I guess the idea is if the motherfucker crashes theres no one in it anyway.

Srsly though, wouldn't Karl Marx be turning in his grave at the thought of automated passenger aeroplanes?

I dunno, he refuses to show up to my seances.

That has not been proven.

As being a Pilot, this is sad news, whenever I fly I have a big responsibility, Ive flown cargo and commercial also, whenever there are passengers, I do have that back in my mind that there are people and their life depends on me

Sometimes they tend to blame the pilot in everything even if its a mechanical fault or the fault of the ATC (Air Traffic Controller), but in this case what is being said, it seems the fault of the First Officer

Ive flown Airbus and Boeing, the difference is that Airbus is more computerized and the plane flies itself, you just have to fill your Route in the FMS (Flight Management System) and after the take off you just turn on Autopilot and everything is done by the Autopilot, this technology is even there in the newer boeing aircrafts

As this is a mountainous region, they would have turned on the autopilot, but after the captain went out, it seems the first officer turned off the autopilot and wanted to crash which no one knows why, he had a good flying record, he had around 650 hours in this aircraft type which is not bad at all

Maybe he was under some pressure in his personal life? what he did is wrong on so many levels, he just dint destroy himself, he destroyed 200 families with him also

horrible story and a sickening one at the same time. if you want to end your life(first try get some help) then go out take a gun, get a rope or slash your fucking wrist, take some pills or whatever you got to do but why take people down with you, ending the lives of completely innocent people and babies for fuck sakes. it seems like everybody needs their 15 minutes or do something so horrific be it crash a plane, grab a gun and shoot up a school or other horrible things to get some type of sick fame or remembrance.