Incredibly Shit Songs

Len Cnut

Joy Division discography

j/k but seriously Ian Curtis has got a shit voice....

I feel pity for his suicide but truth is the truth

Personally I love his voice and I think those 2 albums are absolutely perfect if you're into that kind of music.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Joy Division discography

Personally I love his voice and I think those 2 albums are absolutely perfect if you're into that kind of music.

I'm into it, i can go as far as saying he was a pretty talented song writer and a talented poet

He died too young

I watched Control the other day and i liked the movie and the story, then i listened their entire discography, but just simply don't like their songs much. They always missing something. Curtis's voice sometimes resembles to Jim Morrison's (not exactly but you may know what i mean) but still lacks something original

I rarely feels this when i listened to a band.

Edited by Strange Broue

Joy Division discography

I'm into it, i can go as far as saying he was a pretty talented song writer and a talented poet

He died too young

I watched Control the other day and i liked the movie and the story, then i listened their entire discography, but just simply don't like their songs much. They always missing something. Curtis's voice sometimes resembles to Jim Morrison's (not exactly but you may know what i mean) but still lacks something original

The Morrison observation is actually very astute, Curtis was mimicking the Iggy Pop croon, who was mimicking the Morrison croon...who in turn thought he was doing a take on Frank Sinatra.

Joy Division discography

He died too young

The Morrison observation is actually very astute, Curtis was mimicking the Iggy Pop croon, who was mimicking the Morrison croon...who in turn thought he was doing a take on Frank Sinatra.

so at the end of the day, half of the alternative/punk scene came from that old prick?

Geez

Joy Division discography

He died too young

so at the end of the day, half of the alternative/punk scene came from that old prick?

Geez

A man who was considered square even by the squares that punk was attempting to dislodge, life is hilairious :lol:

In Elvises defence he was sort of making it up as he went along. I mean now there's this age old template of what to do when you're a massive artist, there's prescedents for it, in Elvises day he was like...y'know, the first of the first ever...I suppose Sinatra had bobbysoxers going wild and that but he was always a canny fella from the New York area (well, New Jersey). Elvis was just this dozy young hick that just happened to be immensely good looking. Point being there was no standard like here's what you do with your big debut, here's what you do with the sophmore album etc etc etc, then you do this size tours to that size tours, he was kinda just making it up, he got massive and went around buying Caddilacs for his whole family and was just this fuckin' lad with the world at his feet but with none of their self awareness or wherewithal to fathom what the fuck was happening around him, I mean who could? He just went 'fuck it, i wannabe a film star!' which was like the biggest thing an ordinary person could be in them days, there was no such thing as a rock star so i could see how he would've thought films was the thing to do. And early on his was trying too, rid Jailhouse Rock of it's musical numbers and underneath it you've got an alright film, King Creole was brilliant, Michael Curtiz directed that and legend has it the role was originally for James Dean, it's a cracking little film y'know, as was Loving You.

I quite liked the westerns too, Love Me Tender and Flaming Star...the remake of Kid Galahad with Charles Bronson was kinda cool too (Bronson thought him a little poof btw :lol:). It's a shame so many of them were such fuckin' pigs (the films i mean) but you must admit he had a fair bit of screen presence, like the old time stars he kinda lit up the screen. His films are a guilty pleasure of mine, I'm quite enamoured by em, they have a wonderful technicolour on a bank holiday afternoon feel to em :)

Looking back it's no wonder people like Lennon and Elvis ended up with these messiah complexes. I mean think about it right, you're John Lennon in 1966, you're still a young lad, you're in the centre of this MASSIVE thing, this unprescedented thing that keeps getting more and more bigger even though it began as the biggest thing ever, people bring fuckin' cripples and shit to you at gigs, there's rumours of you being assassinated, you're being lauded as a fucking genius, people go insane just at the sight of you to where you can't walk the fuckin' streets, you must stop at some point and look around you and go, y'know, wow, this is all for me. I mean look at those old footages of them standing at some balcony in Austrailia and there's this seething mass of humanity as far as the eye can see, like the fuckin' Israelites behind Moses, just the mere sight of you whips people into a frenzy...and this has NEVER happened in modern history before you, you're not to know at this point that you're like...the start of something, this idea of 'the rockstar'...for all you know at that point you're the beginning and the end of this shit, it must really feel odd.

Edited by Len B'stard

:lol:

My brother always says 'you drive like Maureen out of driving school!', i never knew what he was on about til now.

Remind me never to get in the car with you! :lol:

My father joined the army and drove for them when he was young, worked for the government keeping tabs on fuckheads like the IRA in London when they were bombing us in his later working life... Saw him as a child in the late 1990s chase down this man in a van who swore at him, he completely transformed from 'Dad' Mr. don't exceed the speed limit to that evasive driving doing that trick he does with speed bumps and everything where you drive over them turning - or something... Sure enough he chased them down and made them apologise...

He boasts doing a 3 point turn in the army on an 18 wheeler in a very tight car park, and he passed his pass plus and said that test, they had a cup of water on the dashboard and made him drive through this course and if the water spilt that was it, test failed... He passed that - even taught me how to drive on a G reg Peugeot 205, for 4 whole lessons he wouldn't let me touch the accelerator/gas pedal, he wanted me to get the car rolling with just it's biting point... I would do it, then park or roll back, and have to do it time and time again, until it was drummed into me, then came the right pedal and driving with gears and double declutching and something that I think saved my life when I was 17 and was street racing off road Halloween 2004 and we crashed and I remember my father's lesson of how to perform an emergency brake on ice (foot on the clutch to cut the engine and stab repeatedly at the breaks) - I did that, was able to keep control of the car so the wheels didn't lock and the car didn't spin out and flip over, impact happened and I (with my head under the steering wheel almost as that car crashed into the cockpit) was able to stop us from going through a fence too after the cars hit... Jumped out, made sure everyone could walk... I thank my father teaching me how to emergency break on ice because that's what popped in my head when I was stopping this car on that wet with leafs dirt road.

I can't drive yet but I still learned how to do all that, like getting the car to move with just the clutch and braking on ice in an emergency.

When I was 17 I drove this 2005 (in 2004)? Honda Civic Coupe with manual/stick transmission - I was 17, got a chance to drive, hopped in the driver's seat and was gone.

This is America, almost everyone where I went (PA outside of Philadelphia) drives automatic, everyone! - So me being 17 driving stick, I got props in the car; was cool.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Fuck me your old man got about a bit, writing for Eastenders, fending off the IRA, no wonder you cant sit still without the use of skunk :lol: My old mans like that, fantastic driver, massive car enthusiast...and me, his boy, couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard