Most important rock record of 2015?

wasted

What a fuckin' tragic thread, desperately trying to glean some semblence of quality from what is clearly a barrel-load of shite :lol:

Alabama Shakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faG8RiaANek

Rival Sons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MA0m1K2jW4

yeah, what a barrel-load of shite

I would say these 2 songs are better than GNR's entire career

Can you even class that alabama shakes as a rock song? Auto tuned vocals and everything lol if this is the best rock can offer in 2015 then mainstream rock is well and truly dead. Still an enjoyable song. 5/10

As for rival Suns.. How can you give any credibility to a band that has clearly has no originality? A carbon copy of led Zeppelin all the way from the singers vocals and stance to the page-esque solo and Bonham like drumming.. At least when Wolfmother done it they made it interesting. 4/10

Certainly not the most important but the best rock album ive heard this year is definitely Stereo Nasty's debut record - Nasty by Nature. If you're looking for something balls to the wall that could have been plucked straight from the sunsetstrip circa 1985 then give this band a listen. Their bandcamp page is

Stereonasty.bandcamp.com/

What a fuckin' tragic thread, desperately trying to glean some semblence of quality from what is clearly a barrel-load of shite :lol:

Alabama Shakes

Rival Sons

yeah, what a barrel-load of shite

I would say these 2 songs are better than GNR's entire career

Can you even class that alabama shakes as a rock song? Auto tuned vocals and everything lol if this is the best rock can offer in 2015 then mainstream rock is well and truly dead. Still an enjoyable song. 5/10

As for rival Suns.. How can you give any credibility to a band that has clearly has no originality? A carbon copy of led Zeppelin all the way from the singers vocals and stance to the page-esque solo and Bonham like drumming.. At least when Wolfmother done it they made it interesting. 4/10

AS: check out their other songs. they are more like rock mixed with rnb

as for Rival Sons, yeah, but try to show a total original band in 2015 :lol:

I just reflect the quality part

Btw these songs are not even from this year lol

I haven't listened to those songs yet.

McCoy are they true songs with some depth - or the typical country thing of taking a catch-phrase and even building an entire song around that phrase.

Smoke and Drunk Dial were definitely written with radio play in mind. Those are the two most commercial songs on the album. There's not another radio single on there that I can pick out offhand, so I'd say that the album is worth a listen. You'd probably enjoy the rockers on there, though.

My favorites:

Ghost - Meliora

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls

Kadavar - Berlin

The Shrine - Rare Breed

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - The Night Creeper

Ruby The Hatchet - Valley Of The Snake

Elder - Lore

The Sword - High Country

Baroness - Purple

Graveyard - Innoncence and Decadence

Country is the new rock.

True more than you think. Someone said "Today's country reminds me of what rock and roll was in the 80's." basically cheesy and commercial. Whoever that was was spot on.

Now, that isn't saying Country today is bad. I mean rock in the 80's wasn't all bad. In the midst of all that crap there was good stuff, same about today's country.

I looked it up, Tom Petty said that.

• 2 weeks later...

Country is the new rock.

True more than you think. Someone said "Today's country reminds me of what rock and roll was in the 80's." basically cheesy and commercial. Whoever that was was spot on.

Now, that isn't saying Country today is bad. I mean rock in the 80's wasn't all bad. In the midst of all that crap there was good stuff, same about today's country.

Tom is a wise man.

The new Zak Brown wasn't too terribly bad.

Country is the new rock.

Tom is a wise man.

The new Zak Brown wasn't too terribly bad.

The Zac Brown Band, for all of their hits, and for as much as I play them on the air, I honestly just find them incredibly boring. Great musicians, but I just can't get in to them aside from a few songs.

Zak opened for Dave Matthews a few years back, now they'd do a big co-headlining tour. The same thing about Zak's albums can be said about Dave Matthews albums.

You're seeing metal make a comeback (even though it never went away) but I don't know if you'll see new bands in the top 40 world anytime soon.