Ultimate Classic Rock on Fortus, Dizzy, Frank and Pittman. responses

What people say in a comment section and do in real life can be very different. Case in point this forum.

That hasn't been my experience.. I hang out with a lot of music fans..

Maybe Axl/Slash/Duff should change their mind and cancel the whole reunion thing. Maybe then everybody would be happy and satisfied. :question:

Or do it right...

Watch as the tickets sell out in 0.5 seconds regardless of a vocal minority.

To scalpers who will have a hard time getting rid of the tickets.. I will go to one show but am not dropping a lot of money..

If this is Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus/Frank/Dizzy/Pittman and a 3rd guitarist I won't go to more than one show... The hype will die out fast..

Don't worry about ticket sales who who will stay home. It's just a band, life goes on.

Well, boo hoo...

It's gonna be Axl, Slash and Duff on the same stage first time since 1993. If you're not satisfied with that, stay home. Simple as that. This re-grouping is a dream come true, from a fan's point of view. In my opinion anyway. I mean, who would have thought it would ever happen? And yet, people are still bitching? I don't care about that kind of negativity.

Of course everybody are entitled to their opinions, but... I don't know. It's easy to bitch about things on the internet. People should be more positive.

That is the point.. A lot of people are staying home and it isn't a dream come true for most people.. This thing could have been huge..I am a fan.. I have been waiting for 23 years to see Guns N' Roses again.. This isn't it.. This still resembles NuGnR more than anything esle... It will also sound more like NuGnR than than anything else..

I don't think has to be the original 5 or bust but to have the original members outnumbered onstage just doesn't work.. Chris Pittman.. Just doesn't work... And unless Frank sucks it up and plays the songs like they should be played.. He doesn't work..

It will sound nothing like NUGNR.

As far as Izzy is concerned he most likely has no desire to do a full scale tour but he will be on stage from time to time when he feels like it.

Steven I just don't think we will see him very much if at all. I could be wrong.

What most fans will care about is Axl, Slash and Duff to a lesser exstint on the same stage together under the GNR name. Slash and Axl are GNR to alot of people.

How will it sound nothing like NuGnR??

You still have Axl's current voice and appearance

Too many musicians

Pittman fucking up perfect songs with Synths

Frank who fucks up the essence of the songs

What people say in a comment section and do in real life can be very different. Case in point this forum.

Maybe Axl/Slash/Duff should change their mind and cancel the whole reunion thing. Maybe then everybody would be happy and satisfied. :question:

Or do it right...

And what's the right way to do it - doing it the way they want it or think it should be done or doing it the way fans (and some people on the Internet) want it to be done?

Or do it right...

And what's the right way to do it - doing it the way they want it or think it should be done or doing it the way fans (and some people on the Internet) want it to be done?

They way Duff and Slash always said they would do it.. Not like this....They always said it would have to be the original band or close to it.. 8 members, synth player and a drummer that fucks up the song??? no thanks..

Or do it right...

They way Duff and Slash always said they would do it.. Not like this....They always said it would have to be the original band or close to it.. 8 members, synth player and a drummer that fucks up the song??? no thanks..

Maybe they changed their mind and maybe they now think that THIS is the right way.

I like those synths. I was against them and keyboards for a long time, but now, to me, they sound good. They broaden the sound. The songs sound fuller when they have been Nu-Gn'R -fied with synths and three guitars :)

Though, I understand why some people don't like it.

Edit: If the band plays in a bar or in a club, then that five-piece sound (2 guitars, bass, drums and vocals) is the best. That dirty, bare bones, in-your-face rock'n'roll sound is perfect for those kind of places! But if you play big arenas for big crowds, then it sounds a bit better if there is a little bit more going on music-wise.

Edited by jekylhyde

Where were the people during the Illusions Tour saying "WHERE ARE STEVEN AND IZZY?! WHY IS THERE A KEYBOARD PLAYER AND BACKUP SINGERS?! THIS ISNT GUNS N ROSES!!!"

Same concept. At least let them play a show together (Axl and Slas my will be on stage together again ya know) before the real bitching starts.

• Like 3

Where were the people during the Illusions Tour saying "WHERE ARE STEVEN AND IZZY?! WHY IS THERE A KEYBOARD PLAYER AND BACKUP SINGERS?! THIS ISNT GUNS N ROSES!!!"

There were quite a few of those people, but they couldn't voice their dissent on the Internet.

Regardless, the UYI tour sold gangbusters, sure this one will do the same.

• Like 1

I've a feeling these opinions on Ultimate Classic Rock are a lot more valid than those of the few Axl fanboys on here. Axl having Slash and Duff play with his band is pretty much what Axl envisioned 20 years ago, and it's obviously not the reunion fans have been hoping for. Gilby + Matt I can live with because that was a real band back then. This one just isn't, no matter what kind of spin they're giving it.

Same concept. At least let them play a show together (Axl and Slas my will be on stage together again ya know) before the real bitching starts.

The difference is that the UYI tour was not a reunion tour : )... More than 22 years after, people want the best. Sure, Fortus can play Izzy parts (same feeling? I dont know) but the people who play the music is also important, not only the music itself. I disagree on the fact that Gnr needs two keyboards and 3 guitars... I dont think i am in the minority here : )

Who cares what a bunch of mulletheads on a dad rock site think?

This is from facebook and they are people of all ages and genders....

Well shit, cancel the reunion then, a few dumbasses on mytube are upset.

They were alive for a start.

The difference is that the UYI tour was not a reunion tour : )... More than 22 years after, people want the best. Sure, Fortus can play Izzy parts (same feeling? I dont know) but the people who play the music is also important, not only the music itself. I disagree on the fact that Gnr needs two keyboards and 3 guitars... I dont think i am in the minority here : )

It aint your band.

There were quite a few of those people, but they couldn't voice their dissent on the Internet.

Regardless, the UYI tour sold gangbusters, sure this one will do the same.

This.

It probably only truly amounts to a handful of people in the grand scheme of the world who truly won't buy tickets for this line-up, just as I'm sure people back in 1992 didn't want to see that line-up either. The difference is we have the Internet and all of its major social media sites and platforms to make these opinions more known. There will always be people who find something to complain about so this doesn't surprise me.

I'm sure Axl could announce that the original five is releasing two new albums plus a bonus disc of CD outtakes this year and people would still find a reason to complain.

As a side note, the general public/concert goers who truly only care about Axl and Slash are the ones who aren't frequenting the music forums and sites to voice a disdain or approval. It's like when Daniel Craig was announced as Bond and it seemed like everyone and their brother hated the idea but it was truly only a minority of diehards on the Internet.

• Like 1

These people are retards, who likely wouldn't go to the show no matter who was in the band. Posting talk-back responses as "proof" is an astoundingly dumb way to back up an argument. Their sole purpose is to serve as venting stations for butt-hurt readers and is in no way indicative of what reception will be.

Case and point: Coachella sold out in less that an hour at $400 bucks a pop. And so will the show in your town, ya whiney babies.

I'm sure Axl could announce that the original five is releasing two new albums plus a bonus disc of CD outtakes this year and people would still find a reason to complain.

I think so too. The primary driver of the negativity is all of the bad will Axl has built up over time. Even if they announced an Appetite reunion, a lot of people still won't support it because of Axl's reputation for riots, showing up late, or outright cancellations.

Then you have the folks who never liked GN'R in the first place but will still loudly speak their mind on this kind of thing. That one is amazing to me. If I don't like a band, you sure as hell won't find me commenting on them. But if they want to waste their time on a band they don't like, be my guest.

I said all of that. I couldn't believe what a mess they had made out of what had been such a great band.

I think so too. The primary driver of the negativity is all of the bad will Axl has built up over time. Even if they announced an Appetite reunion, a lot of people still won't support it because of Axl's reputation for riots, showing up late, or outright cancellations.

Then you have the folks who never liked GN'R in the first place but will still loudly speak their mind on this kind of thing. That one is amazing to me. If I don't like a band, you sure as hell won't find me commenting on them. But if they want to waste their time on a band they don't like, be my guest.

I think you're right. Axl's image in the public eye hurts him no matter what the circumstances are. A lot of people who comment on these web articles aren't fans of his anyways so of course they'll voice negativity. Personally, while I'd love Steven back there and no Pitman I'm absolutely thrilled that Slash and Duff are back. With Guns I've learned to take what you can get, and I'll certainly take this. At the very least, I'll wait for the first show before I attack the line-up.

I think you're right. Axl's image in the public eye hurts him no matter what the circumstances are. A lot of people who comment on these web articles aren't fans of his anyways so of course they'll voice negativity. Personally, while I'd love Steven back there and no Pitman I'm absolutely thrilled that Slash and Duff are back. With Guns I've learned to take what you can get, and I'll certainly take this. At the very least, I'll wait for the first show before I attack the line-up.

I am just glad Axl and Slash aren't bashing each other in the media and I hope there is a lasting peace regardless of whether this current band can keep anything going for a decent amount of time.

I've been as critical as anyone of Axl through the years, but one thing that frustrates me is how his antics have overshadowed the talent he had. Like when they got inducted into the Hall of Fame and the whole room booed him. The Green Day guy was right. Shut the fuck up. He is a legendary frontman/singer and he is a critical ingredient of any GN'R song you might happen to like. People lose sight of this. He has no one to blame but himself though. He could have behaved a lot better through the years and this wouldn't be an issue today.

• Like 1

Ah facebook comments. The most well written and insightful sources of information on the internet.

It's a shame people didn't have internet in the early 90's so that they could share their intellegent opinions.

Everyone has a right to express themselves but in most cases it's the very vocal minority that do so.

I think it's actually pretty cool how many people know about Izzy and Steven.

Dropping the Bill Wards, Michael Anthonys and Bill Wymans really matters, maaaan. Haha.

Oh well.

Izzy and Steven are mostly downtalked on GNR boards. People know more about them than any member of nuGNR, and that's even after this "re-grouping".