Matt Sorum Talks The Making Of Use Your Illusions I & II In New Interview

Thanks for the link. Watching it now. Really like Matt and hope he's involved in the reunion

He'll be there :thumbsup:
Our latest GNR-insiderEddie Money has only confirmed Izzy for Vegas not Sorum or Adler.

What, what??? Are you serious? IZZY is actually confirmed 100% for sure for Vegas????? wow, I must have missed that, wow

Nothing is 100% confirmed but a guy who posts here who has been right about other things said Izzy is in for Vegas.

Izzy is in for sure. My source didn't say anything about Matt Sorum and said that there is still discussion about having Adler be a part of the tour on some level. They didnt say that Sorum would not be involved though. I'll likely have more info later this week.

Izzy will play the entire show?

What?

Please tell me that he will

And please tell me that there wont be no Fortus and no other guitar player -- please tell me it will be just Izzy and Slash on guitar

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thanks for the link. Watching it now. Really like Matt and hope he's involved in the reunion

Our latest GNR-insiderEddie Money has only confirmed Izzy for Vegas not Sorum or Adler.

What, what??? Are you serious? IZZY is actually confirmed 100% for sure for Vegas????? wow, I must have missed that, wow

Nothing is 100% confirmed but a guy who posts here who has been right about other things said Izzy is in for Vegas.

Izzy is in for sure. My source didn't say anything about Matt Sorum and said that there is still discussion about having Adler be a part of the tour on some level. They didnt say that Sorum would not be involved though. I'll likely have more info later this week.

What?

And please tell me that there wont be no Fortus and no other guitar player -- please tell me it will be just Izzy and Slash on guitar

Sorry. Not the entire show as far as I know.

I can't imagine Frank being as interesting to listen to. Not saying he isn't a nice guy, but he doesn't seem to have much personality. Which is probably why Axl has kept him around tbh, he's easier to control.

Paul Tobias, Del, Dizzy, Pittsman, Frotruss, Tommy Stusson----

Axl keeps these people around because they happily shut up and do as told. Getting paid mega bucks to play pretty simple music which other people wrote? Yeah, it's a pretty easy decision to make.

What?

Sorry. Not the entire show as far as I know.

oh shit... we re back to zero... if izzy comes in the middle of the show for just a few songs then i can only hope that richards fortus will be nice enough to leave the stage so we can listen to guns n roses

On 1/29/2016 at 10:18 AM, ludurigan said:

dream theater is the exact opposite of gnr

you just need to listen to a full song of DT where this drummer does 18 million different drum fills per second and the whole thing is just a huge boring mess

what a waste

I have never ever got into Dream Theater, my mate goes on and on about how amazing they are and always says i would love them but just too much is going on in one song that doesn't do it for me. November Rain is long but could listen to that on repeat.

On January 29, 2016 at 5:57 PM, ludurigan said:

oh shit... we re back to zero... if izzy comes in the middle of the show for just a few songs then i can only hope that richards fortus will be nice enough to leave the stage so we can listen to guns n roses

Actually, with the 3 guitarists, we'd see a better show

On 2/10/2016 at 4:08 PM, tremolo said:

Albini seems to be such a cool guy.

He's not a producer though. What I mean by this is that he doesn't try to change the band's sound to make it more one way or another. He captures the real sound of a band and doesn't fuck with it adding a lot of shit on top or going crazy with overdubs. The only thing he does is experiment with mic placement in order to get the right sound.

I'm a big fan of his work and his ethics.

Kind of like Mike Clink that way.

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

More does not equal better. You'd have thought CD would have taught you that.

Just now, Bards said:

Kind of like Mike Clink that way.

More does not equal better. You'd have thought CD would have taught you that.

Chinese Democracy was a fine record. And even if it was bad, its not because of too many guitarists, just what the guitarists produced. For a live setting, it'll be fine anyways. And besides, we may not be seeing 3 guitarists every night anyways

On 2/12/2016 at 9:26 PM, Billsfan said:

better show?

what? are you nuts?

how can it possibly be better?

to have a musician who never wrote a good song in his life playing over guns n roses?

why would you or anyone ever want this?

i been waiting to see slash and izzy onstage for 20-some years i dont want nobody else playing guitar with them

fucking best guitar duo ever in rock music

hqdefault.jpg

12 hours ago, ludurigan said:

better show?

what? are you nuts?

how can it possibly be better?

to have a musician who never wrote a good song in his life playing over guns n roses?

why would you or anyone ever want this?

i been waiting to see slash and izzy onstage for 20-some years i dont want nobody else playing guitar with them

fucking best guitar duo ever in rock music

hqdefault.jpg

And slash and Izzy can still be on stage. Fortus on the side just keeping the sound and groove intact won't hinder that. It'll help

8 hours ago, Billsfan said:

And slash and Izzy can still be on stage. Fortus on the side just keeping the sound and groove intact won't hinder that. It'll help

No it won't. The sound of Izzy and Slash's guitars together is the sound of Guns N' Roses. Nothing else is needed.