Rock in Rio 2006.. What was in the bottle that Axl came out with?

i remember watching that live stream as it happened, and i got chills when the camera cut to axl as he slowly cracked his neck holding a bottle of bubbly in his hand. was one of the most badass things i'd ever seen.

then he followed that up with what was, at the time, considered to be a disappointing vocal performance and sound mix after a few previously stellar 2006 shows. looking back now he still sounds pretty good, but at the time it was a step down from the bootlegs we'd heard, and i remember everyone felt like the band had blown another big opportunity for global exposure. but looking back now i think a big part of that is the subpar mixing in the sound setup.

• Like 1

Sometimes my brain fills in words before my eyes read the correct words. I completely misread the title of this topic as: Rock in Rio 2006 What was in that bottle Axl came (crawled) out (of).

That was a very weird second full of strange mental images before my brain caught up with what my eyes actually read.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

i remember watching that live stream as it happened, and i got chills when the camera cut to axl as he slowly cracked his neck holding a bottle of bubbly in his hand. was one of the most badass things i'd ever seen.

then he followed that up with what was, at the time, considered to be a disappointing vocal performance and sound mix after a few previously stellar 2006 shows. looking back now he still sounds pretty good, but at the time it was a step down from the bootlegs we'd heard, and i remember everyone felt like the band had blown another big opportunity for global exposure. but looking back now i think a big part of that is the subpar mixing in the sound setup.

It sounded pretty good in person, though I'm probably biased.  The live stream sounded like ass.