Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

Hopefully just a rumor provoked by the tour jacket as BS mentioned. She would be a terrible opener for GNR. I'm not a fan of her music, and I have no problem with her doing her own thing, but very very wrong for a GNR show. Almost as much as Bullet for My Valentine was.

The Cult are the right opener for this, they there the first to be rumored. 

24 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

That's absolutely crazy. This is rock n roll not most dangerous band getting opened up by most creepy/crazy chick with horrid music that is really only getting attention for doing remixes with the likes of Calvin Harris and avicii. Those rock bands are better...  Just because she's a hott chick doesn't make her any more qualified

The bands you quoted are literally the worst. I highly doubt LDR opens for GnR anyways, but at least she's relevant.

• Like 2

Just now, GNR 1991 said:

The bands you quoted are literally the worst. I highly doubt LDR opens for GnR anyways, but at least she's relevant.

I don't see how they're the worst. Why because they get played on the radio?? I've seen a day to remember in concert twice and both times the fans went crazy for them. But hey yeah to the other bands I guess not everybody likes rock n roll so to each their own...

59 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

She's a big fan and a friend of the band, but is she a big enough name to bring along on a stadium tour to help sell tickets?

EDIT: Just saw what they're basing the rumor on. A ton of celebrities and friends of the band have their own 2016 Tour jackets (Sean Penn, Owen Wilson, Kim Kardashian, etc). While Lana is the only musician I've seen with one, I doubt that means she's going to be the support act for the tour.

Really? Any photo or something?

About the jacket, 

Forgot where but I saw on photo Someone told Lana "How does it feel to work with Guns N' Roses?" N' She said "its a tough job but Somebody has to do it"

So I think People with Guns N' Roses jacket are just part of the Crew

19 minutes ago, bched said:

"I love Guns N' Roses," she says. "Axl is perfect. He's exactly what I thought he would be. He's an inspiration. He goes onstage for three-and-a-half hours every night, you know? He doesn't get tired. It's amazing. Stamina. Courtney Love is like that, too. I saw her at the Troubadour a few months ago. She's just still killing it."

Uh, no Lana. GNR performs for ~2 - 2.5 hours (which admittedly is still pretty good), but about 20 minutes of that is instrumental. And Axl DOES get tired, that's why he goes back stage for oxygen and can't catch his breath during the tougher songs.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I don't see how they're the worst. Why because they get played on the radio?? I've seen a day to remember in concert twice and both times the fans went crazy for them. But hey yeah to the other bands I guess not everybody likes rock n roll so to each their own...

They are easily the worst, Nickelback isn't even rock music, they are just shit

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OmarBradley said:

Uh, no Lana. GNR performs for ~2 - 2.5 hours (which admittedly is still pretty good), but about 20 minutes of that is instrumental. And Axl DOES get tired, that's why he goes back stage for oxygen and can't catch his breath during the tougher songs.

Be grateful that an extremely popular and relevant artist is giving modern GNR/Axl great press. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Nickelback and 3 Doors Down are "rock n roll"?

:lol:

• Like 1

Making the jackets is a bit douchey but smart marketing and promotion.

kids who idolize the Jenner family will buy tickets if they see the family members on social media wearing these jackets. yes... It really is that sad. 

9 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Nickelback and 3 Doors Down are "rock n roll"?

:lol:

What is it you don't like? What is it that doesn't qualify them?

15 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

They are easily the worst, Nickelback isn't even rock music, they are just shit

Still more qualified to open for GNR than Lana Del Rey 

7 minutes ago, bched said:

Making the jackets is a bit douchey but smart marketing and promotion.

kids who idolize the Jenner family will buy tickets if they see the family members on social media wearing these jackets. yes... It really is that sad. 

I think this is great promotion for the People in Coachella since most of People in coachella are hipsters N' didnt know about Rock/GN'R

It would be great promotion for the band at this stage in their careers and at this day and age. Would any GNR fans not buy tickets because of the opener? Hell no. Would any non-GNR or casual fans buy tickets because someone like Lana Del Rey is opening. Yes, most definitely. It can shift the tour and the audience from being a nostalgia tour of middle-aged metal heads to a totally popular 'in the now' tour with a mixed crowd. 

Edited by hpantazo
  • Like 1

Would be a ballsy move, but she is not going to get the rock fans to buy tickets. She would be playing to a very small segment of the gnr crowd. They will bring out a rock band, rival sons etc. Shocked if they did anything different unless they just want to go against the grain on everything for this tour... which!? is not out of the question.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Just rumor based off of some dumbass fans Instagram post. Just because Lana tags "guns n roses 2016 tour" doesn't mean she's opening for GNR. And frankly I don't know if her style is even relevant. Any modern rock band from 3 doors down to nickelback to a day to remember to pop evil would STILL qualify to open for GNR before Lana Del Rey 

I agree she isn't the right person to open for gnr but you gotta be trollin with some of this shit.

do you realize nickelback is the most hated band on the planet? there would be riots 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bched said:

Be grateful that an extremely popular and relevant artist is giving modern GNR/Axl great press. 

Why?

There is plenty of press as it is. I'm far more concerned with the quality of GNR shows than I am worried about press, or popularity/relevance. GNR doesn't need LDR's press, and the notion that celebrity "endorsements" of GNR bring in $ for GNR is negligible at best. 

May want to take a rethink at your condescending tone too. 

• Like 1

I find Lana Del Ray too overrated, It seems she is obsessed about Axl and wants him to be her sugar daddy or some shit like that. 

Do I care if she opens for GNR? I don't

I see this jacket thing as a very good marketing strategy but I just don't find it right. We fans deserve to get jackets we our personal names on rather than Pimps and Sluts like Nur Khan, Kayne West and Kim Kardashian. 

• Like 1