Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

I honestly think that GNR should have a young upcoming rock band open for them. Someone that the GNR guys all like, and fits their style of music. GNR is getting rock back in the news and I think if they have a good opening band who's young and new, the fans, new and old, could get into them and get rock back to the mainstream like it was back in the day. GNR got a lot of popularity by opening for Aerosmith, so maybe this could work that way. 

But... Likely it'll be someone like AIC. 

• Like 1

This just in....  Danko Jones will be opening for Guns N' Roses on North American Tour this summer. 

Just kidding. I'm skipping coachella to rest up for Mexico City. How do I watch tomorrow night.  This feed from the coachella website seems to only allocate 30 minutes or so to GNR. 

17 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

I'd love to see Royal Blood get the opening slot, for Foxboro.

Fucking yes

1 minute ago, Eddie Money said:

This just in....  Danko Jones will be opening for Guns N' Roses on North American Tour this summer. 

Lol I would crack up

In other business, you know who the biggest GNR fan of all of us is? The singer from Alice in Chains.  He was standing next to me after their set the other night while GNR were on and his camera phone was filming the entire time.  If it were 1991 and Axl weren't on crutches, that dude would have been seriously hospitalized. 

Edited by Eddie Money
  • Like 1

On April 14, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Slashmatt98 said:

I honestly think that GNR should have a young upcoming rock band open for them. Someone that the GNR guys all like, and fits their style of music. GNR is getting rock back in the news and I think if they have a good opening band who's young and new, the fans, new and old, could get into them and get rock back to the mainstream like it was back in the day. GNR got a lot of popularity by opening for Aerosmith, so maybe this could work that way. 

But... Likely it'll be someone like AIC. 

?????????

On 4/14/2016 at 5:10 PM, xBrownstonex said:

No. Eagles, Alice in Chains and Rival Sons are pretty awesome

Seriously,  EODM? Opening 1 show doesn't really count.  AIC have opened... 2 shows?  CKY, Mixmaster Mike, Bullet for my Valentine, Asking Alexandria, Adelitas Way: all steaming hot garbage.

Independent UK and NME are reporting Lana Del Rey to open for Guns N Roses this summer! I actually like her music and my fiancé loves her music. So it would be pretty bad ass if she opens in Toronto as well. 

Anyways that's the report. Not sure I trust the sources but I guess we will see

I guess we will have to wait to see if this is true, but I wouldn't be totally surprised. I can't say I really knew much about her but when someone on MYGNR a couple years back made a mention about her being a big GNR/Axl fan It spiked my interest in her. I did some research into that and found out she wasn't just a average fan she like legit is really into Axl which Is really cool for someone of her age and fame. 

Edited by amacfantasy

Not gonna say this isn't happening, but it's hilarious that these sources are basing this on the fact she had the tour jacket on with her name on it. That's where every bit of it is coming from. The band photographer had a jacket with her name on it also, does that mean she's gonna open as well?

She's a big fan and a friend of the band, but is she a big enough name to bring along on a stadium tour to help sell tickets?

EDIT: Just saw what they're basing the rumor on. A ton of celebrities and friends of the band have their own 2016 Tour jackets (Sean Penn, Owen Wilson, Kim Kardashian, etc). While Lana is the only musician I've seen with one, I doubt that means she's going to be the support act for the tour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyMac said:

Not gonna say this isn't happening, but it's hilarious that these sources are basing this on the fact she had the tour jacket on with her name on it. That's where every bit of it is coming from. The band photographer had a jacket with her name on it also, does that mean she's gonna open as well?

The photographer actually has a job to do with Guns N' Roses.... but Lana?

How do we go from Alice In Chains opening for GN'R to Lana Del Rey opening for GN'R? I thought the Coachella crap was going to be over in a week.....