Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

20 hours ago, NineInchGun said:

A stadium crowd is tricky. Need enough radio hits and clean vocals to entertain the people drinking $20 beers

bla bla bla

Wait? $20 beers? ?

Djeez, need for stocking up beforehand then :D

3 hours ago, sparka said:

Weezer went down like a lead balloon supporting GnR in London.

And...every city, country is different. I've seen them many times and they have worked the crowd every time I have seen them. Never saw a bad performance ever and they really put on a fantastic show.

5 minutes ago, circusboy666 said:

And...every city, country is different. I've seen them many times and they have worked the crowd every time I have seen them. Never saw a bad performance ever and they really put on a fantastic show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and enjoyed their set, but even Rivers awkwardly commented on how misplaced they were on the line-up after the poor crowd response.

I've suggested this before and I think it would be epic.  Get Slayer to open for them.  I don't think there is anyone who would be negative about seeing Slayer on the bill and it would draw in die hard metal fans.  Put them up there and have them play Reign in Blood front to back.  One hour later they drag the bodies out and the survivors start getting ready for GNR

• Like 1

I actually just remembered The Struts did an interview a few months back where they said they were in talks to possibly open for a classic rock band that was "as big as it gets." Hmm...

EDIT: this was after they opened for the Stones, btw

Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

I've suggested this before and I think it would be epic.  Get Slayer to open for them.  I don't think there is anyone who would be negative about seeing Slayer on the bill and it would draw in die hard metal fans.  Put them up there and have them play Reign in Blood front to back.  One hour later they drag the bodies out and the survivors start getting ready for GNR

Sadly, not many want to hear, 'Auschwitz, the meaning of pain', at a GNR show.

4 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Sadly, not many want to hear, 'Auschwitz, the meaning of pain', at a GNR show.

Lol you're right they'd rather hear about "immigrants and f*gg*ts"?  Gotcha :lol:

Edited by WAR41
Hooray for tolerance :)

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

Slayer doesn't really fit the bill on a GNR tour but it would draw in about 5,000 die hard fans every night 

If we're talking about young bands who fit the 'spirit' of GNR and can draw a crowd, I have zero clue who is out there.  I am thinking we'll get another Asking Alexandria as our opener.  I'd love to see some one like Andrew W.K. on the bill.  He'd be fun and his fans are pretty loyal.  He would definitely get the crowd in a positive mood.  I am not sure how many extra tickets he'd sell though. 

13 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

If we're talking about young bands who fit the 'spirit' of GNR and can draw a crowd, I have zero clue who is out there.  I am thinking we'll get another Asking Alexandria as our opener.  I'd love to see some one like Andrew W.K. on the bill.  He'd be fun and his fans are pretty loyal.  He would definitely get the crowd in a positive mood.  I am not sure how many extra tickets he'd sell though. 

We Are Harlot would fit the vibe.