Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

We're supposed to be guessing, right?

If we're talking stadium shows, openers must be a ticket draw on their own.  Think huge.

Alice in Chains

Metallica

GnFnR

metallica would be a co-headliner.  oh, I saw that show in 1992 :headbang:

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Anguyen92 said:

The exposure both bands would get would be nice, however, both are busy for the summer.  Halestorm is on the Carnival of Madness tour and Alter Bridge is opening for Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed (let the jokes commence).  That stated, I do not want AB anyway near GNR for the time being for the next year or so.  I guess I'm a little tad too tired of Myles doing stuff with Slash (and by proxy, Duff and Matt and others regarding Kings of Chaos shows) and just ready for projects that Myles is in that I get behind.

As for the main topic.  Hmmm.  AIC would be a solid pick as Duff is a huge friends of theirs and I'm sure Slash has great respect for those guys.  I guess A7X would be a decent pick as well (is a relatively popular modern band and has been influenced by GNR).

I also  NWA /Guns N Roses reunion tour might break records or start the apocalypse. 

On March 30, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Juventino said:

Eddie Money

Don't know yet. My management team are reviewing th contract now!

Actually, my votes are The Darkness for most of the tour and Chris Stapleton for Orlando, ATL, Dallas, Houston, Nashville, and KC. Chris Stapleton is one of my favorite singers right now. He's unconventional for a rock audience but I think he would be a great opener in a strong country market 

• Like 2

More of a wish list, but most of these are possible I think

Iggy Pop

Body Count 

Social Distortion - legendary, but they've opened for other bands like Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters

Silversun Pickups

Gary Clark Jr. - Musically a good fit, but more as the opener and not the main support act, if there's more than one.

Edited by ironicninja

Vince Neil. That way no one will bitch about Axl's voice.

In all seriousness, it's gonna have to be someone biggish. Unless they have two opening acts, I don't think GNR are going to be breaking younger bands on this tour. Though CSI:GNR should really consider the meaning behind who they choose. If it's a well-established band from pre-2000, does that mean it's a nostalgia tour? If it's a post 2000 band, does that mean new material? I'll leave it to the true detectives.

Edited by smoke

42 minutes ago, supercool said:

those stadiums are really HUGE... if they want to sell out all these tickets, they're going to need a solid opener.

They're gonna need 2 if you ask me. I'd be fine with AiC doing the tour, but I think they'll still need another band on the bill. It's been suggested in the thread, but I think someone like Royal Blood or Rival Sons would be a good idea for the first opener.

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They're gonna need 2 if you ask me. I'd be fine with AiC doing the tour, but I think they'll still need another band on the bill. It's been suggested in the thread, but I think someone like Royal Blood or Rival Sons would be a good idea for the first opener.

I know you're not a fan (and Axl probably isn't either), but QOTSA would be cool as one of the openers.

I would have someone like AIC or maybe IGGY to be on the bill below guns  but have someone like Raveneye.. allow a smaller band to get its moment under the sun as they have supported slash before. 

On March 30, 2016 at 1:46 AM, Oldest Goat said:

@sonofnazareth Smashing Pumpkins would be fantastic but I really doubt Billy Corgan would agree to opening

But doesn't Billy always talk about how much he loves GNr tho? Old and new?

On March 30, 2016 at 4:42 AM, vloors said:

Classic era smashing pumpkins would be great not the solo band that billy's been touring with the last 20 years. Actually this sounds familiar lol

His solo band is actually starting to turn back into the Classic band. The original drummer has been back full time for a year now and James Iha played a show with them recently and it seems likely he'll fully rejoin at some point too.

sounds even more familiar now. Doesn't it?

I would be so down with QOTSA as openers, I'm kind of hoping they get Alice in Chains to do it along with someone else.  I'm also hoping this tour remains Axl's recent habit of 3 hour sets, but that's probably asking for too much.

• Like 1

It would be nice to have a well known opening band instead of some local band that sucks and we all have to sit through the horror.

We all know GNR will probably get onstage around 11 or midnight, so honestly, I'd rather sit there and not hear any other band before them.

I've seen and heard some shit in my day and it's getting old.

13 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

But doesn't Billy always talk about how much he loves GNr tho? Old and new?

His solo band is actually starting to turn back into the Classic band. The original drummer has been back full time for a year now and James Iha played a show with them recently and it seems likely he'll fully rejoin at some point too.

sounds even more familiar now. Doesn't it?

Get D'arcy and Iha in there and record a new album/tour the world.

Are 50,000 people really going to be interested in AIC? Sludgy depressing droning... post-Layne...

I like AIC but...

I actually think The Darkness is a great idea. They're like ACDC in that the songs and energy get people hyped... 

Or they should get the Black Crowes back together.

Edited by Ant