Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

On 3/31/2016 at 0:42 AM, Chuerta86 said:

Highly unlikely but a GnR stadium tour with X Japan as opening act would AMAZING! X Japan has been around since the 80's and are considered the GnR/Queen/KISS of Rock in Japan. They have played and sold out the Tokyo Dome 3 times back to back, they put such an amazing show and have great rocking tunes to the most beautiful heartfelt ballads. As of 2010ish, they made it out of Japan and started playing in other world markets, selling out venues.

This song is a testament of their musicianship and legacy. They managed to do something I have not heard any other band do ever, not even Zeppelin. At the 6min mark Toshi (singer) stops singing the chorus and lets the crowd take over with just the piano playing, then Yoshiki (piano/drummer) stops playing around the 7:46 mark while the crowd keeps singing in unison a capella for a minute. He comes back, Toshi joins and do a couple more rounds until the song ends. Such an euphoric moment.

They've been working on their first CD in English, so it's not far fetched. 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2016 at 0:42 AM, Chuerta86 said:

Highly unlikely but a GnR stadium tour with X Japan as opening act would AMAZING! X Japan has been around since the 80's and are considered the GnR/Queen/KISS of Rock in Japan. They have played and sold out the Tokyo Dome 3 times back to back, they put such an amazing show and have great rocking tunes to the most beautiful heartfelt ballads. As of 2010ish, they made it out of Japan and started playing in other world markets, selling out venues.

This song is a testament of their musicianship and legacy. They managed to do something I have not heard any other band do ever, not even Zeppelin. At the 6min mark Toshi (singer) stops singing the chorus and lets the crowd take over with just the piano playing, then Yoshiki (piano/drummer) stops playing around the 7:46 mark while the crowd keeps singing in unison a capella for a minute. He comes back, Toshi joins and do a couple more rounds until the song ends. Such an euphoric moment.

One of my favorite bands! I was just thinking how brilliant this combination would be... today! It won't happen for a variety of reasons but I think adouble billing in Japan would be awesome. Richard could even join X for a song. 

I was fortunate enough to see X Japan in Chicago in 2010 and it remains one of the best gigs I've seen. It sucks about their poor work ethic (Yoshiki mainly), bad luck, and health issues. I was so pumped for the album and tour this year

If the tickets sell well, it will probably be no opener or a relative no name.

Fiction Plane, Sting's son band IIRC, opened The Police reunion tour. Those were sold out arenas, not stadiums obviously.

Van Halen/DLR reunion in 2008 had Bob Marley's kid I had never heard of open an arena show.

Not a reunion, but AC/DC Black Ice tour was opened by what seemed like a local band in 2009. 

20 hours ago, NineInchGun said:

If the tickets sell well, it will probably be no opener or a relative no name.

Fiction Plane, Sting's son band IIRC, opened The Police reunion tour. Those were sold out arenas, not stadiums obviously.

Van Halen/DLR reunion in 2008 had Bob Marley's kid I had never heard of open an arena show.

Not a reunion, but AC/DC Black Ice tour was opened by what seemed like a local band in 2009. 

Pink Slips?  They're actually not a bad band

On 4/6/2016 at 2:53 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I actually just remembered The Struts did an interview a few months back where they said they were in talks to possibly open for a classic rock band that was "as big as it gets." Hmm...

EDIT: this was after they opened for the Stones, btw

That would be perfect. 

7 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Buckcherry sucks live, saw them open for Kiss, they got boo'd off the stage.

I've had mixed experiences with them. A couple times they were excellent and a couple times they were awful.

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are going to need two massive bands to justify those prices and fill out those stadiums, bands of The Cult, Alice In Chains type stature.

I still think they can do it with a big band and a smaller one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've had mixed experiences with them. A couple times they were excellent and a couple times they were awful.

Fair enough, I've only seen them once and they were horrible!

Not a huge fan would only see them if they are opening for someone.